SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Tests, tests and more bloody tests!
Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY - Page 3 EmptyToday at 11:35 am by canary-dave

» To those at the game tonight
Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY - Page 3 EmptyToday at 10:47 am by Hieronymus

» Sunderland v Tranmere Rovers
Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY - Page 3 EmptyToday at 10:40 am by Hieronymus

» A very good morning one and all
Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 9:55 pm by trouble_n_stripes

» A very happy birthday!
Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:54 am by fulwellend47

» Can't say I'm looking forward to Tuesday
Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 9:25 am by Sid MCFC

» Predictions Mid week 12
Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 7:58 am by Lever Malone

» Results week 12
Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY - Page 3 Empty2019-10-21, 10:38 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Predictions week 13
Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY - Page 3 Empty2019-10-21, 6:10 pm by canary-dave

» League table Week 12
Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY - Page 3 Empty2019-10-21, 12:31 pm by Jerry the Jinx

Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY

Post  hammy on 2019-08-04, 9:09 am

fitz wrote:
hammy wrote:A mixed bag for me today. Dobson and McGeoch looked like a promising pairing; however Hume and Embleton did themselves no favours.

And the less said about our star centre forward the better...

I would say that they need to move on from Grigg but what would they get if they tried to sell him now? anything at all?
We’d certainly not get anything like our money back from him. He looks disinterested to me; Mcnulty showed more in 90 minutes than Grigg showed in half a season.
hammy
hammy

Back to top Go down

Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY

Post  gil t azell on 2019-08-04, 9:10 am

hammy wrote:A mixed bag for me today. Dobson and McGeoch looked like a promising pairing; however Hume and Embleton did themselves no favours.

And the less said about our star centre forward the better...

Agree regarding Dobbo & McGeoch.

Embleton was poor today. May have suffered stage fright.

Hume. Good going forward but poor crossing. At the back he had no support at all.

Grigg. I stated last season unless JR was going to change the formation and style of play we would never play to Griggs strengths. Along the ground from the wings he will turn players and score. Humping the ball up to him in the air is totally pointless cos the bloke cant jump. Personally I think Grigg will be on the bench most games. Wyke knocking th ball down and McNulty feeding off him will bring goals imo.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2019-08-04, 9:32 am

Don’t get the Grigg knockers stats prove give him the supply and he will score,he’s scored shed loads in the past and will do in the future ,play to his strengths, I will keep going on about this but it is the tactics Ross is playing that’s causing the problems, he probably looked disinterested at times as he knows he’s not getting the service,it’s not his fault
paddocklad
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  hammy on 2019-08-04, 10:00 am

paddocklad wrote:Don’t get the Grigg knockers stats prove give him the supply and he will score,he’s scored shed loads in the past and will do in the future ,play to his strengths, I will keep going on about this but it is the tactics Ross is playing that’s causing the problems, he probably looked disinterested at times as he knows he’s not getting the service,it’s not his fault
It’s a 50/50 situation for me. We need to sit a few more balls on a plate for him, but he also needs to up his mobility by a considerable factor.

If we are going to persevere with three at the back then I’d be looking at 343 and Mcnulty would be at the head of the front three. Or Wyke, if the two lads supporting him were told to cross it and not just cut inside all the time.
hammy
hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2019-08-04, 5:39 pm

paddocklad wrote:Don’t get the Grigg knockers stats prove give him the supply and he will score,he’s scored shed loads in the past and will do in the future ,play to his strengths, I will keep going on about this but it is the tactics Ross is playing that’s causing the problems, he probably looked disinterested at times as he knows he’s not getting the service,it’s not his fault

strikers are judged on how many goals they score and he isn't scoring any - it may very well be due to the style of football being played and if they are not playing to his strengths then that is a coaching problem - but if they aren't going to change how they play and he can't change his game then it doesn't feel like a recipe for success (and its not like this wasn't abundantly clear last season)

Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-08-04, 6:52 pm

fitz wrote:

strikers are judged on how many goals they score and he isn't scoring any - it may very well be due to the style of football being played and if they are not playing to his strengths then that is a coaching problem - but if they aren't going to change how they play and he can't change his game then it doesn't feel like a recipe for success (and its not like this wasn't abundantly clear last season)

In my opinion its down to the scouts, they know the way the team is set up and should look for players who will suit that style. 
Grigg is a proven scorer at this level, if the team can't provide him with the correct service, it's not his fault.  like

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-08-05, 10:49 am

canary-dave wrote:
fitz wrote:

In my opinion its down to the scouts, they know the way the team is set up and should look for players who will suit that style. 
Grigg is a proven scorer at this level, if the team can't provide him with the correct service, it's not his fault.  like
He hasn't proven anything to Ross so why does Ross continue to pick him? He's not the right fit for this team. Kimpioka would do far better.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2019-08-06, 6:40 pm

It's early days but the team is not set up right for Grigg,to much launching it he is not the type of player to hold the ball up for midfielders to come onto.
Also the lack of mobility in our four midfielders was atrocious,they just do not get the ball moving quick enough,McGeouch role is sweeper type which he played well(mom by the way).
Once it was changed to a more mobile attacking players(Watmore & McGeady) we did start to rip into Oxford but it came to late.
Ross just my opinion has to rip up the to cautious at home approach and be more attacking with pace I did not see any of it in the first half.
Overall I was not inspired and excited for the rest of the season but hopefully it will change quickly or it has to change quickly or the wolves will be out baying for Ross's blood.
Rovertsafc
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum