SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Our next manager
Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY EmptyToday at 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Mid week 12
Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY EmptyToday at 4:27 pm by Mackemneil

» Predictions week 12
Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY EmptyToday at 4:20 pm by Mackemneil

» Results Week 11
Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY EmptyToday at 4:15 pm by Mackemneil

» League Table week 11
Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY EmptyToday at 12:24 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Totally unacceptable
Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY EmptyYesterday at 9:41 pm by Hieronymus

» The Don on the takeover
Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY EmptyYesterday at 9:04 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» One for sidMCFC
Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY EmptyYesterday at 12:39 pm by Sid MCFC

» Oh Mr Ross
Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY Empty2019-10-12, 10:02 pm by paddocklad

» Predictions Week 11
Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY Empty2019-10-12, 1:37 pm by oldblackcat

Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY Empty Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-07-28, 8:26 am

Sunderland v Oxford United
Saturday 3rd August
KO 15.00

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well that's the end of the pretend games, next Saturday it's the real thing.

We may see one or two more in and we know we will see at least one out with Ross confirming that Oviedo is leaving on a free, obviously reducing the wage bill is more important than a few million in, understandably so.

Some positions are nailed on but others are up for grabs, The two McLaughlin's at full back and keeper are in along with Willis but back 4 or back 3?

Hume will start at left back and I would guess Dobson will start but who with.

Up front, well stick a pin in.

I'm looking forward to 2 o'clock to hear the team. 

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2019-08-03, 7:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY Empty Re: Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-07-28, 10:26 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Sunderland v Oxford United
Saturday 3rd August
KO 15.00

Well that's the end of the pretend games, next Saturday it's the real thing.

We may see one or two more in and we know we will see at least one out with Ross confirming that Oviedo is leaving on a free, obviously reducing the wage bill is more important than a few million in, understandably so.

Some positions are nailed on but others are up for grabs, The two McLaughlin's at full back and keeper are in along with Willis but back 4 or back 3?

Hume will start at left back and I would guess Dobson will start but who with.

Up front, well stick a pin in.

I'm looking forward to 2 o'clock to hear the team. 
Me too and I will be opening up and updating on Chatbox for the expats and others who can't be there Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY Empty Re: Sunderland v Oxford United--MATCH DAY

Post  hammy on 2019-07-28, 1:46 pm

I’m going with:

McGlauchlin
McGlauchlin Willis Flanagan
Gooch Dobson Leadbitter McGeouch Hume
McNulty
Grigg/Wyke

Unless that Sammut kid impresses; in which case I can see Leadbitter dropping out.
hammy
hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-07-28, 1:52 pm

hammy wrote:I’m going with:

McGlauchlin
                McGlauchlin  Willis  Flanagan
Gooch  Dobson Leadbitter McGeouch Hume
                McNulty
                                  Grigg/Wyke

Unless that Sammut kid impresses; in which case I can see Leadbitter dropping out.
With Embleton,Maguire, O'Nien, Power and Robson and McGeady and Honeyman to come Ross has many options and all IMO good ones

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  hammy on 2019-07-28, 2:35 pm

O’Nein! That’s who I was thinking of. I’d stick him in midfield ahead of either McGeouch or Leadbitter (although I think he will he used as another RWB).

I can see Maguire as an impact sub, same with embleton; depends which Power turns up for me whether he gets a start or the bench.
hammy
hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-07-28, 3:43 pm

Its funny what you miss about match days, or is it just me.

Our branch bus gets there for around 1.10, the members need time for their trip to the avenue and fish shop.

The old wrecks like me, usually 5 of us go to the stadium and two go into the Hylton for their special and a few drinks.
One, Ash walks round to the shop and buys his programme on the way.
Dodds'y is straight to the fish shop and I go for either my hot dog or hot pork at the burger van opposite a love supreme, its the only time I ever eat hot dogs.

Providing its dry I sit on the iron bar around the car park, eat my hot dog and normally say hello to Charlie as he makes his way from The Colliery Tavern to the fan zone for a pint

Then at 1.30 the doors open and in I go, I love that time, empty stadium, staff slowly getting ready then one by one the fans come in, always the same people at the same time with the same food in hand taking their seats. Always say the same things to each other, its become a sort of a tradition.

Old Les arrives around 2 then its Jinxie and Nick followed by Vince with that big grin that tells the world he has had a pint or two.

Oh and not forgetting the football, I knew there was a reason for going.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-07-28, 7:18 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Its funny what you miss about match days, or is it just me.

Our branch bus gets there for around 1.10, the members need time for their trip to the avenue and fish shop.

The old wrecks like me, usually 5 of us go to the stadium and two go into the Hylton for their special and a few drinks.
Dodds'y is straight to the fish shop and I go for either my hot dog or hot pork at the burger van opposite a love supreme, its the only time I ever eat hot dogs.

Providing its dry I sit on the iron bar around the car park, eat my hot dog and normally say hello to Charlie as he makes his way from The Colliery Tavern to the fan zone for a pint

Then at 1.30 the doors open and in I go, I love that time, empty stadium, staff slowly getting ready then one by one the fans come in, always the same people at the same time with the same food in hand taking their seats. Always say the same things to each other, its become a sort of a tradition.

Old Les arrives around 2 then its Jinxie and Nick followed by Vince with that big grin that tells the world he has had a pint or two.

Love your little stories - it is almost like I am there when I read them. Thank you.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-07-29, 7:55 am

Hieronymus wrote:

Love your little stories - it is almost like I am there when I read them. Thank you.
Well keep ya mits of my hot-dog

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-07-29, 10:24 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

Well keep ya mits of my hot-dog
Your hot dog is safe - now if we were talking hot pork mmmmm....... Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-07-31, 2:57 pm

My team

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-07-31, 5:48 pm

cyprussyd wrote:My team

I agree with your players but I think he will go 3-5-2. Once again we should have a superb bench where in most teams in this division they would be starrting XI.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-07-31, 7:58 pm

Tough to pick the team as I haven't seen them play yet.....but from what I've read I'll guess Flanaghan will replace Ozturk in defence....the midfield is anyone's guess but I think McGeouch and Hume will start with possibly Power and O'Nien...up front I'll guess McNulty has done enough to start....Embelton may have done enough to start on the left ahead of McGeady (unless he plays behind McNulty) possibly Maguire on the right?

If we're finding it hard to pick the team,imagine what it must be like for Jack Ross!
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-07-31, 8:21 pm

oldblackcat wrote:Tough to pick the team as I haven't seen them play yet.....but from what I've read I'll guess Flanaghan will replace Ozturk in defence....the midfield is anyone's guess but I think McGeouch and Hume will start with possibly Power and O'Nien...up front I'll guess McNulty has done enough to start....Embelton may have done enough to start on the left ahead of McGeady (unless he plays behind McNulty) possibly Maguire on the right?

If we're finding it hard to pick the team,imagine what it must be like for Jack Ross!

Unfortunately unless he gets it right early the idiots will be on his back.

Last edited by gil t azell on 2019-08-01, 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-07-31, 11:07 pm

gil t azell wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:Tough to pick the team as I haven't seen them play yet.....but from what I've read I'll guess Flanaghan will replace Ozturk in defence....the midfield is anyone's guess but I think McGeouch and Hume will start with possibly Power and O'Nien...up front I'll guess McNulty has done enough to start....Embelton may have done enough to start on the left ahead of McGeady (unless he plays behind McNulty) possibly Maguire on the right?

Unfortunately unless he gets it right erly the idiots will be on his back.
I don't mind who plays so long as they play to win & accept losses as a minor distraction rather than playing every match with the fear of losing as in 2018/19.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2019-08-01, 12:17 am

I would start Mcnulty but if he doesn't start then my bet is he comes off the bench and scores

Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-01, 2:54 pm

Coxhoe branch 57 seater coach is full with a reserve list in place

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-08-01, 4:26 pm

McGlauchlin
                McNulty
                                  Grigg/Wyke

No Wyke or honeyman
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-01, 4:31 pm

Vincemac wrote:

McGlauchlin
                McNulty
                                  Grigg/Wyke

No Wyke or honeyman
Keep up Vince, Honeyman off to Hull

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-08-01, 5:16 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Vincemac wrote:

McGlauchlin
                McNulty
                                  Grigg/Wyke

No Wyke or honeyman
Keep up Vince, Honeyman off to Hull
That’s why there will not be in the squad 
Infact neither will robson his injured
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-01, 6:19 pm

28,550 tickets have been sold for Saturday’s game! As ever, we never fail to deliver our utmost support!

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-08-01, 6:30 pm

cyprussyd wrote:28,550 tickets have been sold for Saturday’s game! As ever, we never fail to deliver our utmost support!
Does that include the away supporters?...if not we could see 30,000
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-01, 9:13 pm

oldblackcat wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:28,550 tickets have been sold for Saturday’s game! As ever, we never fail to deliver our utmost support!
not sure

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2019-08-02, 4:31 am

cyprussyd wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:
not sure
Would be interesting if they also showed figures for us ex pats streaming , as we are paying for our seat , even if it is in our own home . 
Haven't used the new updated format yet so have not seen any of our new players in action , from reports and comments on forums sounds like some  'real' competition for places this season . 
So for once in my life I will have to bow down to Syds superior knowledge in team selection and regretabley accept on this subject at this brief moment in history his greater knowledge on the subject .
cretanmakem
cretanmakem
First team squad
First team squad

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-02, 8:32 am

cretanmakem wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:
not sure
Would be interesting if they also showed figures for us ex pats streaming , as we are paying for our seat , even if it is in our own home . 
Haven't used the new updated format yet so have not seen any of our new players in action , from reports and comments on forums sounds like some  'real' competition for places this season . 
So for once in my life I will have to bow down to Syds superior knowledge in team selection and regretabley accept on this subject at this brief moment in history his greater knowledge on the subject .
Dont beat yourself up, most accept my superiority in the end, well apart from my ex wives and present partner, those buggers just kicked me out.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2019-08-02, 9:22 am

cyprussyd wrote:
cretanmakem wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:
not sure
Dont beat yourself up, most accept my superiority in the end, well apart from my ex wives and present partner, those buggers just kicked me out.
Join my party , 2 ex wives and a current partner thinks she can 'sort' me out ,,,,, pfffffffft .
cretanmakem
cretanmakem
First team squad
First team squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum