SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Predictions Week 15
6 weeks today EmptyToday at 11:13 am by barrowmackem

» Make your mind up time
6 weeks today EmptyToday at 11:03 am by barrowmackem

» The excitement builds
6 weeks today EmptyToday at 10:33 am by Kipper

» Nicked off Facebook
6 weeks today EmptyYesterday at 8:34 pm by Steve30000

» Listen up
6 weeks today EmptyYesterday at 7:22 pm by Nostalgic

» Cant help it, Im an old romantic.
6 weeks today EmptyYesterday at 6:24 pm by canary-dave

» Game off
6 weeks today EmptyYesterday at 5:56 am by Steve30000

» All the negativity from yesterday
6 weeks today EmptyYesterday at 5:45 am by Steve30000

» VAR
6 weeks today Empty2019-11-10, 10:02 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Ross out
6 weeks today Empty2019-11-10, 9:09 am by wanderer


6 weeks today

Go down

6 weeks today Empty 6 weeks today

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-06-29, 9:31 am

Yes six weeks today I will be back in match day mode ready to catch the bus to our opening game against Oxford United.

With the players ready to return for pre season many fans are getting twitchy, when will the 6 to 8 players Donald says we need arriving and who are they?

The pressure the team and manager felt last season will be nothing compared to the season ahead, Ross knows he will be out of a job if we dont go up and the layers know we can settle for nothing less than promotion.

I think we will be very lucky  to hit a 30,000 crowd for the opener with the 22,000 plus season card holders joined by around 5,000 who cant get season cards for many reasons but never miss. How crowds fair from then on will be very much down to results.

After the Short years the owners, manager and players got a free pass and good will because everyone was happy and relieved for the fresh start, that good will is still there but with conditions, we need top two very quickly and we need to stay there.

It may seem an unfair demand but if we are to progress, and we must, its a demand the owners, manager and players will have to deal with.

To say this is a big season sounds an obvious statement but this really is a big season.
Right now we are still a big club floundering in division one but if we dont go up we will become a first division club with a big history, many have gone that way in the past, I dont want to join them.

Personally I can live without the premiership with it's inflated transfer fees and very unequal playing field, however we need championship as a minimum to keep that faith we are all asked to keep.

Probably a very negative post from me but hopefully an honest one but all that said I do expect a very good, enjoyable and exciting season, cant wait.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49805
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

6 weeks today Empty Re: 6 weeks today

Post  canary-dave on 2019-06-29, 9:46 am

Very good luck to my Mackem friends, have a brilliant season  like

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 14821
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 71
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

6 weeks today Empty Re: 6 weeks today

Post  Kipper on 2019-06-29, 10:48 am

cyprussyd wrote:Yes six weeks today I will be back in match day mode ready to catch the bus to our opening game against Oxford United.

With the players ready to return for pre season many fans are getting twitchy, when will the 6 to 8 players Donald says we need arriving and who are they?

The pressure the team and manager felt last season will be nothing compared to the season ahead, Ross knows he will be out of a job if we dont go up and the layers know we can settle for nothing less than promotion.

I think we will be very lucky  to hit a 30,000 crowd for the opener with the 22,000 plus season card holders joined by around 5,000 who cant get season cards for many reasons but never miss. How crowds fair from then on will be very much down to results.

After the Short years the owners, manager and players got a free pass and good will because everyone was happy and relieved for the fresh start, that good will is still there but with conditions, we need top two very quickly and we need to stay there.

It may seem an unfair demand but if we are to progress, and we must, its a demand the owners, manager and players will have to deal with.

To say this is a big season sounds an obvious statement but this really is a big season.
Right now we are still a big club floundering in division one but if we dont go up we will become a first division club with a big history, many have gone that way in the past, I dont want to join them.

Personally I can live without the premiership with it's inflated transfer fees and very unequal playing field, however we need championship as a minimum to keep that faith we are all asked to keep.

Probably a very negative post from me but hopefully an honest one but all that said I do expect a very good, enjoyable and exciting season, cant wait.
Not negative just what every fan wants. I make it 5 weeks.though.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Posts : 1509
Join date : 2016-03-17
Location : North Yorks

Back to top Go down

6 weeks today Empty Re: 6 weeks today

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-06-29, 10:51 am

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Yes six weeks today I will be back in match day mode ready to catch the bus to our opening game against Oxford United.

With the players ready to return for pre season many fans are getting twitchy, when will the 6 to 8 players Donald says we need arriving and who are they?

The pressure the team and manager felt last season will be nothing compared to the season ahead, Ross knows he will be out of a job if we dont go up and the layers know we can settle for nothing less than promotion.

I think we will be very lucky  to hit a 30,000 crowd for the opener with the 22,000 plus season card holders joined by around 5,000 who cant get season cards for many reasons but never miss. How crowds fair from then on will be very much down to results.

After the Short years the owners, manager and players got a free pass and good will because everyone was happy and relieved for the fresh start, that good will is still there but with conditions, we need top two very quickly and we need to stay there.

It may seem an unfair demand but if we are to progress, and we must, its a demand the owners, manager and players will have to deal with.

To say this is a big season sounds an obvious statement but this really is a big season.
Right now we are still a big club floundering in division one but if we dont go up we will become a first division club with a big history, many have gone that way in the past, I dont want to join them.

Personally I can live without the premiership with it's inflated transfer fees and very unequal playing field, however we need championship as a minimum to keep that faith we are all asked to keep.

Probably a very negative post from me but hopefully an honest one but all that said I do expect a very good, enjoyable and exciting season, cant wait.
Not negative just what every fan wants. I make it 5 weeks.though.
Even better

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49805
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

6 weeks today Empty Re: 6 weeks today

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-06-29, 11:16 am

In 5 weeks I will be back on Chatbox for every match I can and will try to get to the odd match at SoL too.

For me life has got in the way and pushed football down my priority list but I am looking forward to the new season with optimism.

Ross knows what he has to do and the players that stay do too. We get in who we get in and we lose who we lose. I cannot control anything by worrying about it, and I don't have the emotional energy to do that anyway.

So roll on August 3rd and Oxford and (hopefully) at least 30K Sunderland fans seeing the first win of a successful promotion season.
KTF everyone love sunderland
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 10194
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 63

Back to top Go down

6 weeks today Empty Re: 6 weeks today

Post  fitz on 2019-06-30, 9:15 pm

I would like to see promotion provided that there is funding there to make a decent show of it if/when we get there - I don't want to go near the premiership unless we somehow get a takeover and have ownership that is able to pump in tens of millions and not bat an eye

________________________________________________________
"Life,” said Marvin dolefully, “loathe it or ignore it, you can’t like it."
fitz
fitz
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 207
Join date : 2019-02-25

Back to top Go down

6 weeks today Empty Re: 6 weeks today

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-07-01, 9:53 am

fitz wrote:I would like to see promotion provided that there is funding there to make a decent show of it if/when we get there - I don't want to go near the premiership unless we somehow get a takeover and have ownership that is able to pump in tens of millions and not bat an eye
Yep - then some will complain at foreigners taking over the club (it will be foreigners) and then moan at them for it not being hundreds of millions!

I will settle for Championship for now.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 10194
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 63

Back to top Go down

6 weeks today Empty Stewart Donald deletes his twitter account.

Post  oxfordshire on 2019-07-01, 9:58 am

Stewart Donald deleted twitter account this morning apparently.
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 432
Join date : 2014-06-03
Age : 77
Location : Melbourne Australia

Back to top Go down

6 weeks today Empty Re: 6 weeks today

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-07-01, 10:46 am

Syd will know and report on the truth of this soon I expect. I don't do Twitter.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 10194
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 63

Back to top Go down

6 weeks today Empty Re: 6 weeks today

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-07-01, 10:52 am

oxfordshire wrote:Stewart Donald deleted twitter account this morning apparently.
He did and I'm surprised it took so long. Everyone has and is entitled to an opinion but a small minority resort to personal abuse, Friday evening was the first time I ave seen him pissed off.

He was at Boldon doing a Q&A for the Boldon branch and meeting George Foster.  He got some abuse on Twitter,"You are only here for the money","You are a southern con man" two of the better tweets

In the end he tweeted how he had travelled for three hours by car, walked to Bolbon from the hotel, enjoyed the night but would now walk 30 minutes back to the Roker hotel and would probably end up talking to Sunderland fans there. He did it because he cares and understandably was probably thinking why do I do it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49805
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

6 weeks today Empty Re: 6 weeks today

Post  Kipper on 2019-07-01, 12:31 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
oxfordshire wrote:Stewart Donald deleted twitter account this morning apparently.
He did and I'm surprised it took so long. Everyone has and is entitled to an opinion but a small minority resort to personal abuse, Friday evening was the first time I ave seen him pissed off.

He was at Boldon doing a Q&A for the Boldon branch and meeting George Foster.  He got some abuse on Twitter,"You are only here for the money","You are a southern con man" two of the better tweets

In the end he tweeted how he had travelled for three hours by car, walked to Bolbon from the hotel, enjoyed the night but would now walk 30 minutes back to the Roker hotel and would probably end up talking to Sunderland fans there. He did it because he cares and understandably was probably thinking why do I do it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I despair of some people. What has Donald done to deserve the abuse? What harm has he done to the club? How have his actions as chairman been detrimental to the future of our club? I can't think of anything that he's done that deserves  the abuse. And what has being southern got to do with it? If this twatter person wants an owner who 's from Sunderland, is a lifelong fan and has limitless amounts of money then good luck with that but I'll settle for a bloke who has been trying to do his best for the club in terms of the team, fan engagement and the SAFC community. I don't feel conned, I feel pride in my club and a lot of that is thanks to our chairman. One source of the engagement may not be quite what it was thanks to some idiots.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Posts : 1509
Join date : 2016-03-17
Location : North Yorks

Back to top Go down

6 weeks today Empty Re: 6 weeks today

Post  gil t azell on 2019-07-01, 5:42 pm

Yes back on the beer and a few gargles with the cuddlies before heading to our 1st 3 points of the season. Yippee.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 6149
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 59
Location : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

6 weeks today Empty Re: 6 weeks today

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-07-01, 6:00 pm

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
oxfordshire wrote:Stewart Donald deleted twitter account this morning apparently.
He did and I'm surprised it took so long. Everyone has and is entitled to an opinion but a small minority resort to personal abuse, Friday evening was the first time I ave seen him pissed off.

He was at Boldon doing a Q&A for the Boldon branch and meeting George Foster.  He got some abuse on Twitter,"You are only here for the money","You are a southern con man" two of the better tweets

In the end he tweeted how he had travelled for three hours by car, walked to Bolbon from the hotel, enjoyed the night but would now walk 30 minutes back to the Roker hotel and would probably end up talking to Sunderland fans there. He did it because he cares and understandably was probably thinking why do I do it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I despair of some people. What has Donald done to deserve the abuse? What harm has he done to the club? How have his actions as chairman been detrimental to the future of our club? I can't think of anything that he's done that deserves  the abuse. And what has being southern got to do with it? If this twatter person wants an owner who 's from Sunderland, is a lifelong fan and has limitless amounts of money then good luck with that but I'll settle for a bloke who has been trying to do his best for the club in terms of the team, fan engagement and the SAFC community. I don't feel conned, I feel pride in my club and a lot of that is thanks to our chairman. One source of the engagement may not be quite what it was thanks to some idiots.
Hear hear - some 'supporters' need to think back to where we were 12 months ago!
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 10194
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 63

Back to top Go down

6 weeks today Empty Re: 6 weeks today

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum