SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Got my pass, have you got yours?
VAR again! EmptyToday at 10:20 am by cyprussyd

» Good Luck
VAR again! EmptyYesterday at 8:53 pm by Lever Malone

» Portugal
VAR again! EmptyYesterday at 4:23 pm by cyprussyd

» SCMP
VAR again! Empty2019-07-16, 6:19 pm by gil t azell

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
VAR again! Empty2019-07-15, 11:17 pm by Hieronymus

» Wahbi Khazri
VAR again! Empty2019-07-15, 8:44 am by Hieronymus

» Love departs
VAR again! Empty2019-07-14, 9:08 am by barrowmackem

» McGeady
VAR again! Empty2019-07-14, 9:06 am by barrowmackem

» Twitter 1
VAR again! Empty2019-07-12, 5:19 pm by Hieronymus

» New kits
VAR again! Empty2019-07-12, 2:57 pm by Mackemneil

VAR again!

Go down

VAR again! Empty VAR again!

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-06-23, 9:58 am

Is it just me but the more I watch games in the Women's World Cup the more I'm convinced that VAR is the excuse to find something to disallow a goal.My main annoyance is that I thought VAR was to assist the referee if they had any doubt about a decision such as a handball or penalty but perfectly taken goals are scrutinised to find something that was missed in the build up just to disallow goals and this imo is not what VAR was introduced to do.

I do think however that the implementation of silly rules are more to blame than VAR regarding the retaken penalties in the recent games in this competition.Fair enough if the keeper has to have one foot on or level with the goal line when the penalty is taken, but booking the keeper is a step too far.

Regarding the re taken French penalty,I can't see the sense of the penalty being re taken when the French player missed the target,yes the keeper didn't have a foot on or level with the goal line but she didn't gain any advantage by saving the spot kick (yes I know rules are rules) 

The Scottish penalty however,unfortunately I would say was the right decision as the keeper saved the shot.

Views?
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

VAR again! Empty Re: VAR again!

Post  Vincemac on 2019-06-23, 10:25 am

oldblackcat wrote:Is it just me but the more I watch games in the Women's World Cup the more I'm convinced that VAR is the excuse to find something to disallow a goal.My main annoyance is that I thought VAR was to assist the referee if they had any doubt about a decision such as a handball or penalty but perfectly taken goals are scrutinised to find something that was missed in the build up just to disallow goals and this imo is not what VAR was introduced to do.

I do think however that the implementation of silly rules are more to blame than VAR regarding the retaken penalties in the recent games in this competition.Fair enough if the keeper has to have one foot on or level with the goal line when the penalty is taken, but booking the keeper is a step too far.

Regarding the re taken French penalty,I can't see the sense of the penalty being re taken when the French player missed the target,yes the keeper didn't have a foot on or level with the goal line but she didn't gain any advantage by saving the spot kick (yes I know rules are rules) 

The Scottish penalty however,unfortunately I would say was the right decision as the keeper saved the shot.

Views?
Pretty much my opinion 
Just to add 
Like I have previously said all the strong willed and high profile players will bully the ref
To check weather they have made the correct decision 
I seen. A game we’re a goal was disallowed because of a foul further back in the move 
The ref deemed it not a fowl at the time.
Then some bullying footballer forced the ref to change there minds 

Ohhhhhh and refs can make mistakes 
So why not just not have a ref (joke)
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-06-23, 11:47 am

What I don't understand is how they can watch it in ultra slo-mo from a dozen different angles for an infinite number of times and STILL get it wrong!  Evil or Very Mad

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-06-24, 12:26 am

canary-dave wrote:What I don't understand is how they can watch it in ultra slo-mo from a dozen different angles for an infinite number of times and STILL get it wrong!  Evil or Very Mad
Yip...ALL day long!

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-06-24, 12:29 am

If anyone had misgivings about the success of VAR & it's ability to ensure the correct result for FIFA & it's supporters never fear, it's working.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-06-24, 3:35 am

canary-dave wrote:What I don't understand is how they can watch it in ultra slo-mo from a dozen different angles for an infinite number of times and STILL get it wrong!  Evil or Very Mad
There will always be a winner and a loser and the worst part is it is often centimetres that the human operating the VAR will judge it on. The precedent was set in the Rugby 2007 WC with England's none try and that should have been the yardstick for FIFA to brief their reviewers. 

Mind, Andy Gray started the whole lot off with his Sky review of incidents where he was forever criticising referees or linesmen for "missing" incidents when he had multi monitors to help him pass his expert judgement.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-06-24, 8:47 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:If anyone had misgivings about the success of VAR & it's ability to ensure the correct result for FIFA & it's supporters never fear, it's working.
I know cynicism rules in the modern world (not just in footballl) but I fear you are right Sad
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum