SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Tottenham have sacked manager Mauricio Pochettino
thoughts EmptyToday at 6:16 pm by Nostalgic

» What possibly could go wrong
thoughts EmptyToday at 2:49 pm by wanderer

» Predictions Week 16
thoughts EmptyToday at 2:38 pm by barrowmackem

» would be funny
thoughts EmptyToday at 1:04 pm by canary-dave

» Sunderland v Coventry City
thoughts EmptyToday at 12:29 pm by canary-dave

» Political debates
thoughts EmptyToday at 8:54 am by wanderer

» Cup replay
thoughts EmptyToday at 8:07 am by cyprussyd

» Appoint a decent manager
thoughts EmptyToday at 6:06 am by Steve30000

» always makes me cry
thoughts EmptyYesterday at 8:35 pm by cyprussyd

» What do i do?
thoughts EmptyYesterday at 7:05 pm by Hieronymus

thoughts

Go down

thoughts Empty thoughts

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-06-23, 9:24 am

A couple of weeks til the players return to pre-season training and there's still a deafening silence on the transfer front.Nothing unusual in that for our club and probably the best way to go about our business imo.This however spreads unrest among the fans and many are in meltdown mode on social media.

Fans are blaming the "takeover" in the lack of activity in the transfer market with many claiming that until the deal is done we have limited funds available and it may affect the calibre of players we are able to sign.I find this rather amusing as I remember Stewart Donald saying there were 2 plans in place for this season for recruitment and it depended which division we were in before either could be implemented.He also said that as soon as last season was finished we would crack on with whichever plan was applicable as we didn't want to be behind other clubs in preparation as we were last season.He has already hinted earlier this week that it shouldn't be long hopefully before we have a few new signings and as soon as the first one is announced it should ease the tension among fans.

As for the takeover....well the papers claim that the new investor's will buy around a 75% stake in the club leaving Donald with a 10% stake (which he has already stated as inaccurate) and thus making him a healthy profit from what he paid to take control last season. For some reason this upsets quite a few fans with many claiming he has only money at heart and has conned everyone pretending he has fell in love with the club.I have no problem with him making a bit money on his shares, after all he took a risk taking on our club and has turned the finances around to the position where we are actually going to make money.He has always stated that we would need more investment to enable the club to continue on it's journey back to the premier and the takeover should put us in a stronger position to do this.

The manager came in for a lot of stick at the end of last season because of our failure to gain promotion with quite a lot of fans believing it should have cost him his job.I'm glad that he's still in charge tbh,I think he did a much better job than what most people think regarding the state of the playing staff when he arrived.True arguably we could have won promotion and mistakes were made, but I think he's the type of manager who learns from mistakes and it will benefit us in the coming season.Because of all the problems at the start of last season i.e........moving players out before getting some in while trying to stick within a wage budget and being a few weeks behind other clubs in trying to sign players, I think he ended up with players he could get rather than players he would rather have had (if that makes sense) This season I believe if Ross gets the players he wants to improve the team we are in for another good season with a much happier ending.True we have a difficult start and fans will be screaming for his head if we don't have a good start,but after looking back at last season I would rather have a bad start and a good ending.

Probably more pressure on us next season than last but I'm reasonably happy that all being well we will achieve our goal.So unlike other fans at the moment I'm quite relaxed and not worrying about takeovers or signings,I believe all things are in motion and we should just have a little patience and everything will fall into place and remember silence is golden Smile
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

thoughts Empty Re: thoughts

Post  Kipper on 2019-06-23, 9:36 am

oldblackcat wrote:A couple of weeks til the players return to pre-season training and there's still a deafening silence on the transfer front.Nothing unusual in that for our club and probably the best way to go about our business imo.This however spreads unrest among the fans and many are in meltdown mode on social media.

Fans are blaming the "takeover" in the lack of activity in the transfer market with many claiming that until the deal is done we have limited funds available and it may affect the calibre of players we are able to sign.I find this rather amusing as I remember Stewart Donald saying there were 2 plans in place for this season for recruitment and it depended which division we were in before either could be implemented.He also said that as soon as last season was finished we would crack on with whichever plan was applicable as we didn't want to be behind other clubs in preparation as we were last season.He has already hinted earlier this week that it shouldn't be long hopefully before we have a few new signings and as soon as the first one is announced it should ease the tension among fans.

As for the takeover....well the papers claim that the new investor's will buy around a 75% stake in the club leaving Donald with a 10% stake (which he has already stated as inaccurate) and thus making him a healthy profit from what he paid to take control last season. For some reason this upsets quite a few fans with many claiming he has only money at heart and has conned everyone pretending he has fell in love with the club.I have no problem with him making a bit money on his shares, after all he took a risk taking on our club and has turned the finances around to the position where we are actually going to make money.He has always stated that we would need more investment to enable the club to continue on it's journey back to the premier and the takeover should put us in a stronger position to do this.

The manager came in for a lot of stick at the end of last season because of our failure to gain promotion with quite a lot of fans believing it should have cost him his job.I'm glad that he's still in charge tbh,I think he did a much better job than what most people think regarding the state of the playing staff when he arrived.True arguably we could have won promotion and mistakes were made, but I think he's the type of manager who learns from mistakes and it will benefit us in the coming season.Because of all the problems at the start of last season i.e........moving players out before getting some in while trying to stick within a wage budget and being a few weeks behind other clubs in trying to sign players, I think he ended up with players he could get rather than players he would rather have had (if that makes sense) This season I believe if Ross gets the players he wants to improve the team we are in for another good season with a much happier ending.True we have a difficult start and fans will be screaming for his head if we don't have a good start,but after looking back at last season I would rather have a bad start and a good ending.

Probably more pressure on us next season than last but I'm reasonably happy that all being well we will achieve our goal.So unlike other fans at the moment I'm quite relaxed and not worrying about takeovers or signings,I believe all things are in motion and we should just have a little patience and everything will fall into place and remember silence is golden Smile
It's good that people write these long posts saying exactly what I think so I don't have to.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-06-23, 10:27 am

Yeh me too
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-06-23, 12:07 pm

If the old woman on social media spent more time reading whet Donald says rather than make up their own stories of doom there would not be social media.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-06-23, 3:16 pm

Kipper wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:A couple of weeks til the players return to pre-season training and there's still a deafening silence on the transfer front.Nothing unusual in that for our club and probably the best way to go about our business imo.This however spreads unrest among the fans and many are in meltdown mode on social media.

It's good that people write these long posts saying exactly what I think so I don't have to.
Brilliant post OBC and as with Kipper, am in complete agreement Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-06-24, 7:49 am

Excellent post OBC.

Your calmness is to be admired however my only concern is they bloody well had ALREADY identified their new striker by now  sunny

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-06-24, 8:45 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:Excellent post OBC.

Your calmness is to be admired however my only concern is they bloody well had ALREADY identified their new striker by now  sunny
Players are on holiday too and other clubs also have a bit of summer turmoil so I am not worried. Come 1st August I may be!
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-06-24, 9:15 am

Hieronymus wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:Excellent post OBC.

Players are on holiday too and other clubs also have a bit of summer turmoil so I am not worried. Come 1st August I may be!
Lightweights, they've been on holiday for months. Up at dawn & into it  Twisted Evil

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-06-26, 6:16 pm

i just prefer to wait and see, all this speculation is not worth a thought process.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2019-06-27, 9:46 pm

Curtis Nelson confirmed as signed for Cardiff. Another rumoured interest gone. Presumably there has been no interest by us in the players we are rumoured to have been interested in.
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum