SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Would there have been as many posts if we had won
Killing the golden goose EmptyToday at 8:13 am by paddocklad

» Sack him says Steve, then what
Killing the golden goose EmptyToday at 8:10 am by wanderer

» SACK HIM
Killing the golden goose EmptyYesterday at 10:03 pm by wanderer

» Gillingham vs Sunderland
Killing the golden goose EmptyYesterday at 9:24 pm by fitz

» Trying to think of something positive
Killing the golden goose EmptyYesterday at 9:10 pm by fitz

» REVEALED! Methven explains why he resigned as a director
Killing the golden goose EmptyYesterday at 4:17 pm by Steve30000

» Sunderland Given Double Injury Boost Ahead Of Gillingham Clash
Killing the golden goose Empty2019-12-06, 4:51 pm by Hieronymus

» Predictions Week 17
Killing the golden goose Empty2019-12-06, 10:44 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Political debates
Killing the golden goose Empty2019-12-05, 9:30 am by wanderer

» our current crop
Killing the golden goose Empty2019-12-05, 7:25 am by wanderer

Killing the golden goose

Go down

Killing the golden goose Empty Killing the golden goose

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-06-09, 9:31 am

Social media as we all know can be the home of the extremist with extreme views on our club, ownership and management but extreme or not all opinions are valid if honest.

Over the last few weeks I have seen a small rise in posts questioning the owners and manager and again the questions are valid because they are genuine doubts from people who care about our club.

But the questions do concern me, not enough to stop me sleeping but enough to say be careful, remember the recent past, remember the doom and gloom that our club brought to us through mismanagement.

12 months ago Stewart Donald arrived at Newcastle airport on a late flight to become the new owner of our club. He was quickly joined by an unknown football manager from north of the border then a raft of unknown footballers needed just to fill the gaps.

Many questions were in lots of minds but TBH after the two seasons, especially the one just ended, questions seemed irrelevant, we where all just relieved that at last the end of the Short era had come.
Over the past 12 months we have had highs and lows and without doubt the season ended in disappointment, however in 12 short months lots had been done and the feeling was we were moving in the right direction.

Many mistakes have been made but when you look at the massive job the owner and manager had walked into and their lack of experience in a club Sunderland's size and the task ahead I would suggests mistakes were unavoidable and for me the mistakes are not important, did we learn from them are and next 12 months will let us know if we have.

The only way, IMO, to bring us the success we all want is for us all to be pulling in the same direction and giving 100% positive support.

Every post of sack Ross, Donald is on the take, players rumoured to be joining us are shit, every negative just chips away at the positives needed.

It took us a long time to find the golden goose, lets do our best not to kill it.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Killing the golden goose Empty Re: Killing the golden goose

Post  Kipper on 2019-06-09, 10:03 am

People like to gob off and social media is ideal for it. The funny thing is the same people would gob off if we sacked Ross saying we haven't learnt and we lurch from one manager to the next. The sad truth is there will only be unity from the fans when we have runaway success. It's not just us though - on 5Live earlier in the season there was a bloke on a couple of times calling for Klopp to be sacked.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-06-09, 10:21 am

Good post Syd
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-06-09, 10:50 am

Well said Syd. Totally agree with social media it is far too easy these days to spout off. What makes me laugh is these people speak as if from a position of authority, when in fact they have none - only their opinion seen through their own narrow prism of negativity.

Thing is those of us happy enough (like most even minded fans) with how things are going cannot generally be bothered to argue with people who are just trying to get a reaction by posting this sort fo negative stuff - clickbait if you will.

Facebook especially has algorithms that select the most engaged with posts to show at top. So the best thing to do is NOT engage with the negative stuff and then they just fade away. Instead only engage with positive posts and that helps them appear higher up the timeline of that group or person.

Hopefully the upcoming fixture announcements and pre-season training will generate many more positive thoughts for the new season ahead, for all of us.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-06-09, 10:55 am

The big problem I still see with quite a few of our fans is they still regard us as a Premier team and us being better than anyone else in the league...

The same fans that said that we should have walked this league because of how good the team was....but in the next breath say that the manager and players we have are shit

Until these fans see that last season was a small step on the way back and not a failure and get behind the directors, management and players and all pull in the same direction they'll never see their dream of us being in the top league again.

As Syd says that could be instrumental in the people who are doing their best in putting things right leaving and things going backward again
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2019-06-09, 5:39 pm

oldblackcat wrote:The big problem I still see with quite a few of our fans is they still regard us as a Premier team and us being better than anyone else in the league...

The same fans that said that we should have walked this league because of how good the team was....but in the next breath say that the manager and players we have are shit

Until these fans see that last season was a small step on the way back and not a failure and get behind the directors, management and players and all pull in the same direction they'll never see their dream of us being in the top league again.

As Syd says that could be instrumental in the people who are doing their best in putting things right leaving and things going backward again

I agree that because of the size of the support a lot of people just assume we must be too good for this league and should be able to walk it with our eyes closed - that is simply not the case. There are (I believe) just 5 of the 2016/17 squad left (and none of them played more than 10 or so games that season so its not like they were the first name on the sheet)

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-06-09, 7:58 pm

I would prefer these "fans" went and supported someone else.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2019-06-09, 8:21 pm

oldblackcat wrote:The big problem I still see with quite a few of our fans is they still regard us as a Premier team and us being better than anyone else in the league...

Agree like
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2019-06-09, 8:34 pm

I totally agree with everything you wrote there Syd.. Shocked Shocked

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-06-10, 11:25 pm

Does Twitter have a 'Block' option ?

If so I'd use it or better still just delete the App.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-06-11, 2:45 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:Does Twitter have a 'Block' option ?

It does have a block option but I have never used it and certainly would not delete it.

There are far more positives than negatives and most negatives I just ignore. The thing that twitter has is activity and there are some excellent posters on there, it just takes a while to find them and get used to it.

Posts like the original one come about through activity and it may seem like a moan but its not, its simply an opinion, something I quite enjoy giving. I am a strange person I know.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-06-12, 9:21 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:Does Twitter have a 'Block' option ?

It does have a block option but I have never used it and certainly would not delete it.

There are far more positives than negatives and most negatives I just ignore. The thing that twitter has is activity and there are some excellent posters on there, it just takes a while to find them and get used to it.

Posts like the original one come about through activity and it may seem like a moan but its not, its simply an opinion, something I quite enjoy giving. I am a strange person I know.

like  Makes perfect sense. I'll let you troll through the comments & update us on the positives  Very Happy

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum