SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Got my pass, have you got yours?
Another unwanted record EmptyToday at 10:20 am by cyprussyd

» Good Luck
Another unwanted record EmptyYesterday at 8:53 pm by Lever Malone

» Portugal
Another unwanted record EmptyYesterday at 4:23 pm by cyprussyd

» SCMP
Another unwanted record Empty2019-07-16, 6:19 pm by gil t azell

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
Another unwanted record Empty2019-07-15, 11:17 pm by Hieronymus

» Wahbi Khazri
Another unwanted record Empty2019-07-15, 8:44 am by Hieronymus

» Love departs
Another unwanted record Empty2019-07-14, 9:08 am by barrowmackem

» McGeady
Another unwanted record Empty2019-07-14, 9:06 am by barrowmackem

» Twitter 1
Another unwanted record Empty2019-07-12, 5:19 pm by Hieronymus

» New kits
Another unwanted record Empty2019-07-12, 2:57 pm by Mackemneil


Another unwanted record

Go down

Another unwanted record Empty Another unwanted record

Post  Vincemac on 2019-05-28, 12:58 pm

The longest without a win at Wembley


Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7646
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 67

Back to top Go down

Another unwanted record Empty Re: Another unwanted record

Post  Kipper on 2019-05-28, 1:32 pm

Vincemac wrote:The longest without a win at Wembley



You have to get there first. At least we're doing that.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Posts : 1396
Join date : 2016-03-17
Location : North Yorks

Back to top Go down

Another unwanted record Empty Re: Another unwanted record

Post  Vincemac on 2019-05-28, 1:40 pm

Kipper wrote:
Vincemac wrote:The longest without a win at Wembley



You have to get there first. At least we're doing that.
like
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7646
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 67

Back to top Go down

Another unwanted record Empty Re: Another unwanted record

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-05-28, 4:42 pm

Kipper wrote:
Vincemac wrote:The longest without a win at Wembley



You have to get there first. At least we're doing that.
That’s the spirit.  like
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 599
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Another unwanted record Empty Re: Another unwanted record

Post  canary-dave on 2019-05-28, 4:51 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:
Kipper wrote:
Vincemac wrote:The longest without a win at Wembley



You have to get there first. At least we're doing that.
That’s the spirit.  like

Sid, you know you're more than welcome to our annual meet up if you wish, it is always a good laugh and enjoyable  like

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 14653
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 71
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Another unwanted record Empty Re: Another unwanted record

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-05-28, 5:54 pm

Vincemac wrote:The longest without a win at Wembley




Well unfortunately but happily I think you got this wrong....I believe our neighbours up the road hold this record with 1 more defeat than us and 63 years without winning any type of  cup final/league game at Wembley
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2668
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 58
Location : washington

Back to top Go down

Another unwanted record Empty Re: Another unwanted record

Post  Vincemac on 2019-05-28, 6:03 pm

oldblackcat wrote:
Vincemac wrote:The longest without a win at Wembley




Well unfortunately but happily I think you got this wrong....I believe our neighbours up the road hold this record with 1 more defeat than us and 63 years without winning any type of  cup final/league game at Wembley
My fault it should have been most visits without a win 
 I read it on newsnow
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7646
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 67

Back to top Go down

Another unwanted record Empty Re: Another unwanted record

Post  trouble_n_stripes on 2019-05-28, 10:54 pm

Vincemac wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:
Vincemac wrote:The longest without a win at Wembley




Well unfortunately but happily I think you got this wrong....I believe our neighbours up the road hold this record with 1 more defeat than us and 63 years without winning any type of  cup final/league game at Wembley
My fault it should have been most visits without a win 
 I read it on newsnow

Apparently those who play in red and white are cursed, (according to the bbc).

Having not won at Wembley re: play offs.

Can't recall us playing in red and white in our last two play off finals?
trouble_n_stripes
trouble_n_stripes
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 891
Join date : 2012-08-10
Age : 51
Location : Cape Town

Back to top Go down

Another unwanted record Empty Re: Another unwanted record

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-05-29, 9:08 am

canary-dave wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
Kipper wrote:
Vincemac wrote:The longest without a win at Wembley



You have to get there first. At least we're doing that.
That’s the spirit.  like

Sid, you know you're more than welcome to our annual meet up if you wish, it is always a good laugh and enjoyable  like
Kind thought Dave, thanks.  

Dates a little difficult but leave it with me I’ll see what I can do.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 599
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Another unwanted record Empty Re: Another unwanted record

Post  canary-dave on 2019-05-29, 11:45 am

Sid MCFC wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
Kipper wrote:
Vincemac wrote:The longest without a win at Wembley



You have to get there first. At least we're doing that.
That’s the spirit.  like

Sid, you know you're more than welcome to our annual meet up if you wish, it is always a good laugh and enjoyable  like
Kind thought Dave, thanks.  

Dates a little difficult but leave it with me I’ll see what I can do.

like

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 14653
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 71
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Another unwanted record Empty Re: Another unwanted record

Post  MrRAWhite on 2019-06-03, 9:31 pm

is anyone even close to use regarding consecutive wembley defeats?

________________________________________________________
Born a Sunderland fan, live life as a Sunderland fan and will die a Sunderland fan..
MrRAWhite
MrRAWhite
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4971
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 58
Location : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Another unwanted record Empty Re: Another unwanted record

Post  Lever Malone on 2019-06-03, 10:27 pm

In games played at Wembley Newcastle have also lost 6 times. They won the Cup in 1955 but since then the run is

1974 FA Cup Final             0 - 3 v Liverpool
1976 League Cup Final      1 - 2 v Man City
1996 FA Charity Shield      0 - 4 v Man Utd
1998 FA Cup Final             0 - 2 v Arsenal
1999 FA Cup Final             0 - 2 V Man Utd
2000 FA Cup Semi Final     1 - 2 v Chelsea

 It has to be said they did defeat Liverpool on penalties in the 1988 Football League Centenary Tournament but as that game was only 40 minutes long it cannot be classed as a full match.

Of course we must also remember that Newcastle lost 1 - 0 to Spurs at Wembley in 2017/18 and 2018/19 seasons in the league. Whether these games can be included is subject to debate.
Lever Malone
Lever Malone
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 930
Join date : 2012-08-08

Back to top Go down

Another unwanted record Empty Re: Another unwanted record

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum