SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Predictions Week 15
Next season EmptyToday at 11:13 am by barrowmackem

» Make your mind up time
Next season EmptyToday at 11:03 am by barrowmackem

» The excitement builds
Next season EmptyToday at 10:33 am by Kipper

» Nicked off Facebook
Next season EmptyYesterday at 8:34 pm by Steve30000

» Listen up
Next season EmptyYesterday at 7:22 pm by Nostalgic

» Cant help it, Im an old romantic.
Next season EmptyYesterday at 6:24 pm by canary-dave

» Game off
Next season EmptyYesterday at 5:56 am by Steve30000

» All the negativity from yesterday
Next season EmptyYesterday at 5:45 am by Steve30000

» VAR
Next season Empty2019-11-10, 10:02 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Ross out
Next season Empty2019-11-10, 9:09 am by wanderer

Next season

Go down

Next season Empty Next season

Post  Kipper on 2019-05-27, 12:08 am

How do we improve? New strikeforce and new central defence. Not too much else wrong but those areas clearly need sorting. Strikers that don't score are not worthy of the name. Not a blame game but stating the obvious. There will be a lot of name calling at the moment which I won't go along with but we need to improve or suffer the same next year.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Next season Empty Re: Next season

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-27, 12:44 am

I think Ross gave a very clear message that we have not been good enough, he knows and we all know what is needed so big few months ahead.

Mathews, Cattermole, Oviedo and McGeady are the starting point, who goes and who stays.

After that we are not far away, just short in the important areas you highlight.

Add some quality to the spirit we have and we should be fine.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-05-27, 1:05 am

Good luck for next season Stoke City supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2019-05-27, 1:06 am

they need someone that is going to get 20 goals a season - there were five of them in League 1 this season and another twelve strikers got 15 or more goals (one of them used to play for Sunderland but not much they could do about that)

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-05-27, 1:30 am

You not that far off, we all need the players you state, wise and shrewd buying, team players are the key.

Back to top Go down

Post  Panther on 2019-05-27, 3:54 am

I worked in Sunderland from 1960 to 1967 and became an avid fan. My 'Home' team is Hull City (and what a bloody mess we are in at the moment) but I fell in love with Sunderland, the people, the beer and the Football Club. Watching the play-off game in the early hours of the morning here in my adopted Country of Australia I shared the agony as Charlton scored in the last minute of extra time. However, Sunderland do not have a team capable of consolidating in the Championship at the moment. Goals win games - not tactics (as the late, great Brian Clough once said) and there are no what you might call 'Strikers' at the Club at the moment. Foundations are there but the 'final third' is what it is all about. I would expect Sunderland to be thereabouts at the end of next season, hopefully in the top two, but some work to do do yet. Here's to next season in the hope that a new Brian Clough, a new Charlie Hurley and a new Jimmy Montgomery can rise like the proverbial Phoenix from The Ashes and inspire the Club back to the glory days. Have a great day each and every one of you.
Panther
Panther
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-27, 7:57 am

We all agree about strikers but we need to ask the question,"Why are our two very good strikers if we look at their records not scoring"?

We know that both came to us injured but neither have looked prolific for us, indeed neither have looked like strikers.

But Ross knows this, he knows about our defense and our problems so hopefully after a full season down here and a full transfer window ahead he will sort it.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-05-27, 8:19 am

cyprussyd wrote:We all agree about strikers but we need to ask the question,"Why are our two very good strikers if we look at their records not scoring"?

We know that both came to us injured but neither have looked prolific for us, indeed neither have looked like strikers.

But Ross knows this, he knows about our defense and our problems so hopefully after a full season down here and a full transfer window ahead he will sort it.
I still think Grigg is not totally fit and hope that a summer will sort that out. Wyke I feel is just not good enough although I can see he works hard and makes a nusance of himself.

My hope is that Watmore will be fit again (and hopefully stays fit) and will be the solution. I recall reading a few years ago he played as a striker as a youth player. His pace and lack of experience has always meant he played out on the wing for us under successive managers. Maybe his pace will be reduced now with the injuries, and just maybe, Ross will realise that playing him as a number 10 might be part of the answer?
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Panther on 2019-05-27, 8:20 am

"Why are our best strikers not scoring" - the best answer for that would be 'supply' but considering we are in League 1 they should be belting them in at this level. Trouble is the younger strikers want top level football whilst the experienced strikers don't want to drop their wages - rock and a hard place. However, Sunderland, with it's huge fan base should be able to attract better than the current ones.
Panther
Panther
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2019-05-27, 11:38 am

Strikers need service simples we have 2 good ones don’t need anymore just give them the ammunition and they will score,we created nothing yesterday
paddocklad
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-05-27, 11:52 am

paddocklad wrote:Strikers need service simples we have 2 good ones don’t need anymore just give them the ammunition and they will score,we created nothing yesterday
Grigg doesn't look like he wants to score - always looking for another option rather than a direct attack on goal. How header yesterday was a Prime example.
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Panther on 2019-05-27, 12:15 pm

Quote:
Sunderland's 2-1 defeat in the League One play off final means they are set for a second season in the third tier of English footbal and with a Sunderland’s wage bill of £18m as mass clear out of players is now expected according to Chronicle Live.
Adam Matthews, who is out of contract next month, is expected to depart while Bryan Oviedo already appears to have said goodbye to fans.
Donald Love is another who joined as a Premier League player, but has not played for the Black Cats since September 1.
Strasbourg are thought to be keen on signing Lamine Kone after taking the player on loan last season but are not so keen on the price tag being asked.
And will the club keep hold of striker Will Grigg who came in January with a reputation as a League One banker and a Championship risk, only to disappoint in the third tier too.
There are many questions to be answered in the North East.
Unquote:
Panther
Panther
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2019-05-27, 12:49 pm

He’s had no service his game is based on running behind defenders ball at his feet not in the air against 6ft plus defenders,have to say honeyman is a no offers very little and mcgeog (sp) has got to be better than Leadbitter
paddocklad
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum