SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Got my pass, have you got yours?
Stewart Donald EmptyToday at 10:20 am by cyprussyd

» Good Luck
Stewart Donald EmptyYesterday at 8:53 pm by Lever Malone

» Portugal
Stewart Donald EmptyYesterday at 4:23 pm by cyprussyd

» SCMP
Stewart Donald Empty2019-07-16, 6:19 pm by gil t azell

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
Stewart Donald Empty2019-07-15, 11:17 pm by Hieronymus

» Wahbi Khazri
Stewart Donald Empty2019-07-15, 8:44 am by Hieronymus

» Love departs
Stewart Donald Empty2019-07-14, 9:08 am by barrowmackem

» McGeady
Stewart Donald Empty2019-07-14, 9:06 am by barrowmackem

» Twitter 1
Stewart Donald Empty2019-07-12, 5:19 pm by Hieronymus

» New kits
Stewart Donald Empty2019-07-12, 2:57 pm by Mackemneil

Stewart Donald

Go down

Stewart Donald Empty Stewart Donald

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-26, 9:27 am

Stewart Donald's fantastic offer to stranded Sunderland fans on the road to Wembley

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

MARK DONNELLY

[email=mark.donnelly@jpress.co.uk][size=20]Email[/email]

Published: 07:49Sunday 26 May 2019[/size]

Thousands of Sunderland fans have hit the road to Wembley this morning - with owner Stewart Donald offering assistance to those who have hit difficulties on their way to the capital.

Around 35,000 supporters are making the journey from Wearside ahead of the League One play-off final, with a considerable number facing an early start as they depart for London today.

stewart donald@stewartdonald3

Replying to @ChrisAPrice7 and 3 others

[ltr]If you are struggling. We have a nice bus going back to Oxford. You can jump on and then borrow one of our lease cars from Oxford to drive back up. No charge of course - DM me as will take a bit of organising if it will help [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/ltr]

[ltr]

[/ltr]

But a healthy cohort of supporters travelled down on Saturday
They include Christopher Price, whose journey to London didn't go too smoothly.

He took to Twitter to describe his experiences, posting: "So today didn't quite go as planned finally made it to London but my car has been wrote off in the process, does anyone have 4 spare seats heading back to Sunderland after the match tomorrow? As it stands we're stranded."

Christopher quickly received some offers of help from fellow Sunderland supporters - before owner Donald stepped in to provide a helping hand.

Stewart Donald is lending a helping hand to Sunderland fans en route to Wembley

The Black Cats' chief offered use of the bus he has heading to Oxford, before stating he could arrange a lease car to ensure the group returned to the North East safely - with Donald insisting the fantastic offer would come at no cost.
He replied: "If you are struggling. We have a nice bus going back to Oxford. You can jump on and then borrow one of our lease cars from Oxford to drive back up.

"No charge of course - DM me as will take a bit of organising if it will help."
Donald had previously offered Sunderland supporters en route to Southend United use of the team coach after they suffered a temporary breakdown ahead of the final game of the season.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Stewart Donald Empty Re: Stewart Donald

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-05-26, 1:17 pm

Great man - we need to keep him no matter what happens with new investors - he understands fans and how to keep them onside Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum