SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Latest topics
» New site
Charlton v Sunderland..MATCH DAY - Page 2 EmptyToday at 10:24 am by Vincemac

» thoughts
Charlton v Sunderland..MATCH DAY - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 6:16 pm by barrowmackem

» Rafa gone
Charlton v Sunderland..MATCH DAY - Page 2 Empty2019-06-25, 11:48 am by Lever Malone

» VAR again!
Charlton v Sunderland..MATCH DAY - Page 2 Empty2019-06-24, 8:47 am by Hieronymus

» Camaroon v England
Charlton v Sunderland..MATCH DAY - Page 2 Empty2019-06-24, 7:43 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Favourites
Charlton v Sunderland..MATCH DAY - Page 2 Empty2019-06-21, 9:38 pm by Hieronymus

» Value for money
Charlton v Sunderland..MATCH DAY - Page 2 Empty2019-06-21, 6:47 pm by gil t azell

» Fixtures
Charlton v Sunderland..MATCH DAY - Page 2 Empty2019-06-21, 9:51 am by Kipper

» James
Charlton v Sunderland..MATCH DAY - Page 2 Empty2019-06-20, 10:08 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Takeover update
Charlton v Sunderland..MATCH DAY - Page 2 Empty2019-06-20, 9:48 am by cyprussyd

Charlton v Sunderland..MATCH DAY

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Charlton v Sunderland..MATCH DAY - Page 2 Empty Re: Charlton v Sunderland..MATCH DAY

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-05-25, 4:43 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
oxfordshire wrote:Might be wiser to watch at 2am monday Nos.
Haha yes it will be Monday won't it?  😂
Well in that case he can tell us if we won to save us watching.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Charlton v Sunderland..MATCH DAY - Page 2 Empty Re: Charlton v Sunderland..MATCH DAY

Post  fitz on 2019-05-25, 8:17 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
fitz wrote:exciting times - I think that they are going to do it!
For some reason that I cant explain so do I.

it is weird - my natural state is very negative - its an odd feeling to have!
fitz
fitz
Senior player
Senior player

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-05-25, 8:22 pm

I certainly got that wrong.  It will probably end up I will endure the game live, but please team no extra time and penalties.

For my sins I watch it on line so I need  something to keep me alert until 2AM and the the DVD about 73 is almost worn out.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-26, 3:19 am

Well soon all be over and we will know our fate and TBH right now I am very relaxed about it.

We have everything needed to win with desire and fight being at the top of the list but we all know that in a game like this it could well come down to luck, a bad refereeing decision or one daft mistake.

Lets hope we have the luck and Charlton the other two.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-05-26, 7:48 am

We'll see what I'm like when I'm there but at the moment very relaxed. I was a lot more nervous before Portsmouth. Setting off soon.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-05-26, 8:22 am

Well absolutely gutted I am not down there today.

Going to have a few mates round to watch with a few beers and enjoy regardless of result.

For the fans down there I hope we win. If we dont it wont be a disaster imo. This season has been the best watching for a while. Unless we have some investment lined up I do not want to go to the championship and possibly see us struggle.

As this is SAFC and they like to see us suffer I am going for us to win............... on penna's just to prolong the agony and shred our nerves even more. Its what we do.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Argus on 2019-05-26, 9:34 am

Unlike the morning of the Portsmouth away game last week, I too am totally relaxed about the game today. Probably because we've already had a positively eventful season and after the upheavals of the past few years that's been a big bonus.

Whilst a win would be very welcome, a loss is not the of the world for me because I know there's still a lot of rebuilding to do to achieve stability at the club and if that means another year in this league, then so be it.

A good game that's over in 90 minutes without any last minute drama is all I ask, but hey, this is Sunderland and we don't usually do things the easy way, so I'll probably be a bundle of nerves by 4.45pm tonight!

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-05-26, 10:19 am

Charlton the form team which makes us underdogs imo, cup final anything can happen so cant wait for it all to unravel. KTF.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-05-26, 1:15 pm

Been keeping busy this morning so not had time to be nervous - but starting to kick in now. I hear what you all say about needing stability, and that this has been an enjoyable season for most in terms of the football, but another year in this League is not good for the finances nor for attracting better players. So I really want us to win and be promoted today.

finger cross finger cross and if there was an emoji for it I would post one with toes crossed too!

Ha'way the Lads - you can do it! love sunderland
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-26, 1:25 pm

I have been very calm then I switch Sky Sports News on and there is Quinn at Wembley talking about today's game and that was it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-26, 1:45 pm

[size=15]James Hunter

@JHunterChron

·
19m

Hear that McGeady’s strip is laid out, so seems he’ll be playing some part. #safc[/size]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-26, 1:51 pm

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-26, 2:25 pm

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-05-26, 4:57 pm

We were given  goal start but could not compete.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-05-26, 5:00 pm

That was such an awful way to lose.  Really sorry for you.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2019-05-26, 5:14 pm

Let’s win it in style next season with 2 or 3 newbies in, we can do it 😀
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-05-26, 5:16 pm

Goal scorer needed desperately - given a goal start and still could not win. Barely had any shots though so what else could we expect? Last second goal - a real sickener. Gutted here in Seahouses cry1

But have to say well done Charlton - the form team going into the playoffs and despite an awful start I think they deserved to win this game. But am so sad for all our fans who have once again been hit by that damned Wembley curse! Sad
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-05-26, 5:47 pm

So cruel to lose to a 94th minute goal, you had more shots than them and more on target than them. 

I really am so sorry for you all, I'll try and cheer you up in July!  like

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-26, 6:57 pm

I do hope that no bugger is feeling sorry for this fan, disappointing yes but its all part of being a football fan, I could give a long list of what we have achieved and what went wrong but maybe for later in the week.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  trouble_n_stripes on 2019-05-26, 7:55 pm

Well oddschecker have us down as favourites for promotion next season.

Consolation for Mr Ross as St Mirren won their play off....

Mark Campbell was apparently at the final today, so could be rewarding?
trouble_n_stripes
trouble_n_stripes
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2019-05-26, 7:55 pm

7 trips to Wembley without a win - we need to avoid that place like the plague (by coming 1st next season)

I think it is Ipswich, Bolton and Rotherham coming down next season and none of them look like anything to be too concerned about so fingers crossed we can bring in a bit more experience and have a better season next year (and please not so many draws!!!)

Senior player
Senior player

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2019-05-26, 7:55 pm

edit: duplicate post

Senior player
Senior player

Back to top Go down

Post  trouble_n_stripes on 2019-05-26, 10:27 pm

Bolton could well be deducted points, Ipswich are on a downward spiral and Rotherham?

Just unfortunate we have to face Pompey again  Evil or Very Mad
trouble_n_stripes
trouble_n_stripes
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-05-26, 10:42 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Goal scorer needed desperately - given a goal start and still could not win. Barely had any shots though so what else could we expect? Last second goal - a real sickener. Gutted here in Seahouses cry1

But have to say well done Charlton - the form team going into the playoffs and despite an awful start I think they deserved to win this game. But am so sad for all our fans who have once again been hit by that damned Wembley curse! Sad
Well voiced H & ALL true.

Ps. Lets hope we buy one & DON"T sell our Keeper, Football 101 !!!

cyprussyd wrote:I do hope that no bugger is feeling sorry for this fan, disappointing yes but its all part of being a football fan, I could give a long list of what we have achieved and what went wrong but maybe for later in the week.
like  Absolutely

trouble_n_stripes wrote:Well oddschecker have us down as favourites for promotion next season.

Consolation for Mr Ross as St Mirren won their play off....

Mark Campbell was apparently at the final today, so could be rewarding?

Fools & Horses eh, with the gamblers putting them before the cart. Many miles to travel before anyone can judge next seasons team I'm afraid. Work hard & who knows, Glory could be theirs.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2019-05-27, 12:58 am

certainly need to address the goals - our #1 striker scored 4 in 18 games (and 1 of them was a penalty) and the others have a really low scoring record (goals per game rate is about half that of the strikers at other squads in the top 5)

Senior player
Senior player

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum