SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» You are shit
Hampshire Police launch assault investigation EmptyToday at 9:26 pm by Nostalgic

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
Hampshire Police launch assault investigation EmptyToday at 12:45 pm by cyprussyd

» Just love Keano
Hampshire Police launch assault investigation EmptyToday at 11:10 am by Kipper

» Jack Rodwell MK 2
Hampshire Police launch assault investigation EmptyToday at 10:09 am by canary-dave

» Man Citeh!!!!
Hampshire Police launch assault investigation EmptyToday at 8:30 am by canary-dave

» Football Finances
Hampshire Police launch assault investigation EmptyYesterday at 10:26 am by Hieronymus

» Get your tissues before viewing
Hampshire Police launch assault investigation Empty2019-05-18, 3:51 pm by Hieronymus

» Wembley
Hampshire Police launch assault investigation Empty2019-05-18, 8:33 am by Sid MCFC

» Hampshire Police launch assault investigation
Hampshire Police launch assault investigation Empty2019-05-18, 7:40 am by Kipper

» Charlton or Doncaster?
Hampshire Police launch assault investigation Empty2019-05-18, 7:13 am by gil t azell

Hampshire Police launch assault investigation

Go down

Hampshire Police launch assault investigation Empty Hampshire Police launch assault investigation

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-17, 3:31 pm

Hampshire Police launch assault investigation after Portsmouth fan appears to kick Sunderland's Luke O'Nien

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hampshire Police have launched an investigation into an alleged assault on Sunderland star Luke O'Nien

MARK DONNELLY

Email
Published: 14:01Updated: 14:11Friday 17 May 2019

Police have confirmed that an investigation has been opened into an alleged assault on Sunderland full-back Luke O'Nien.

The 24-year-old tumbled over the barriers separating the Fratton Park pitch from spectators during the second half of the Black Cats' play-off semi-final with Portsmouth.

And he then appeared to be kicked by a member of the home support, with videos of the incident spreading like wildfire.

O'Nien's team mates - including Lee Cattermole and Grant Leadbitter - quickly leapt to his defence and exchanged some views with the Portsmouth faithful.

An increased police and stewarding operation was seen around the area where O'Nien crashed over the barrier following the incident, with some reports suggesting the supporter was ejected from the ground.
Police have now confirmed that an investigation is underway into the incident - although no arrests have been made as of yet.
Hampshire Police said on Friday: "We can confirm we are investigating an assault against a Sunderland player at the Portsmouth v Sunderland football game at Fratton Park last night (Thursday, May 16).

"No-one has been arrested at this time."
O'Nien spoke to Sky Sports about the incident after the game, and confirmed that he would not be pressing charges.
The full-back laughed off the incident, saying: "I kind of went over the boarding.
"They had a few digs at me, but that's just football.

"Yeah [the police have spoken to me]. They asked if I wanted to press charges, but that's just football.
"When the whistle goes, it's two teams going at it and two crowds going at it and that's a massive part of it.
"Yeah, there was a little bit [of contact].
"It was what it was, but he didn't hurt me or anything like that. I think he got arrested in the end, but he can have that one!"

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Hampshire Police launch assault investigation Empty Re: Hampshire Police launch assault investigation

Post  canary-dave on 2019-05-17, 4:08 pm

Having watched the video several times it's difficult to tell if he fell over the boards or was helped on his way by the Pompy player. There was definite contact  like

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Hampshire Police launch assault investigation Empty Re: Hampshire Police launch assault investigation

Post  gil t azell on 2019-05-17, 4:27 pm

Not defending the bloke but I would imagine he feels a complete idiot now. Face splattered all over social network sites, probably had a good gargle & will be getting grief from all sides. I would like to think he is full of remorse and should be grateful o9 is not pressing charges.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-05-17, 4:39 pm

gil t azell wrote:Not defending the bloke but I would imagine he feels a complete idiot now. Face splattered all over social network sites, probably had a good gargle & will be getting grief from all sides. I would like to think he is full of remorse and should be grateful o9 is not pressing charges.
I said last night when watcihing - imagine going home to your wife and kids (probably) after being seen on national TV like that! That would be far worse than any punishment through the courts if I had anything to do with it! Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-05-17, 4:52 pm

He should have been locked up there and then. O’Nien’s reaction was a joy to behold but if he dos’nt want to pursue the assault a disorderly behaviour charge would have done.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-17, 5:29 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
gil t azell wrote:Not defending the bloke but I would imagine he feels a complete idiot now. Face splattered all over social network sites, probably had a good gargle & will be getting grief from all sides. I would like to think he is full of remorse and should be grateful o9 is not pressing charges.
I said last night when watcihing - imagine going home to your wife and kids (probably) after being seen on national TV like that! That would be far worse than any punishment through the courts if I had anything to do with it! Very Happy

It [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
looked like his son was with him and trying to hold him back.

The Sun Football 

@TheSunFootball

·
43m

Fan who kicked Sunderland’s Luke O’Nien named as David Oppitz |
@dwright75
(link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thesun.co.uk/sport/football…

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-05-17, 8:11 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

It [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
looked like his son was with him and trying to hold him back.

The Sun Football 

@TheSunFootball

·
43m

Fan who kicked Sunderland’s Luke O’Nien named as David Oppitz |
@dwright75
(link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thesun.co.uk/sport/football…
I really really don’t like him.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-05-17, 8:21 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
I would say that little woman on the right of the wedding pic will have sorted him by now!!!!!!
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-05-17, 8:43 pm

Nostalgic wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
I would say that little woman on the right of the wedding pic will have sorted him by now!!!!!!
OMG. I’ve only just plucked up the courage to look.  pale

Hope she give’s him a good hiding despite the probability she’s a blood relative. Scary.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Terracebanter on 2019-05-18, 6:11 am

Scum bag doing that. Clearly kicks him, jail him
Terracebanter
Terracebanter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-05-18, 7:40 am

Terracebanter wrote:Scum bag doing that. Clearly kicks him, jail him
I was in two minds about O"Nien's reaction to it in his interview. He showed a lot of maturity and rose above it but maybe he should be pressing charges. I hope the police pursue it anyway. Fans should not be able to get away with that.

I know I shouldn"t generalise but I've really begin to dislike Portsmouth fans. The level of vitriol that they showed towards our players and to the cameras was startling. The lads did really well in that atmosphere.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum