SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» New Fantasy Season
Racism.. EmptyYesterday at 9:15 pm by Hieronymus

» Time flies
Racism.. EmptyYesterday at 9:14 pm by Hieronymus

» Season cards
Racism.. EmptyYesterday at 5:22 pm by cretanmakem

» Sunderland vs Benfica B - Thursday 18th July
Racism.. EmptyYesterday at 2:42 pm by Mackemneil

» Got my pass, have you got yours?
Racism.. EmptyYesterday at 9:29 am by Kipper

» Good Luck
Racism.. Empty2019-07-17, 8:53 pm by Lever Malone

» Portugal
Racism.. Empty2019-07-17, 4:23 pm by cyprussyd

» SCMP
Racism.. Empty2019-07-16, 6:19 pm by gil t azell

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
Racism.. Empty2019-07-15, 11:17 pm by Hieronymus

» Wahbi Khazri
Racism.. Empty2019-07-15, 8:44 am by Hieronymus

Racism..

Go down

Racism.. Empty Racism..

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-13, 4:44 pm

Crystal Palace condemn racist comments aimed at club doctor

• 5 hours ago

• [size=13]From the sectionCrystal Palace[/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[size=11]Crystal Palace beat Bournemouth 5-3 on the final day of the season

WARNING: This article contains offensive language
Crystal Palace have condemned the "disgraceful" incident in which a club doctor was racially abused before the Eagles' win over Bournemouth on Sunday.
Dr Zafar Iqbal said on Twitter he was left "devastated and speechless" after he and two of his children were called "Pakis" by a three-year-old.
In further tweets the former Liverpool doctor said "racism is not just a football problem".
In a statement, Crystal Palace said they "utterly deplored" the comments.
"It must have been an awful experience for him and his family," the statement continued.
"This disgraceful incident shows that the scourge of racism remains in our society.
"Crystal Palace Football Club is committed to inclusivity and diversity and we will offer Dr Zaf our full support if he chooses to take the matter further."
Dr Iqbal - who also previously worked at Tottenham - said in a later tweet the incident had taken place "streets away" from Selhurst Park.
"Devastated and speechless. Taking my two youngest kids to their first ever game at Selhurst Park and walking a few hundred yards from the stadium a three-year-old shouted to his dad - 'Look daddy there's some Pakis'. His dad 'attempted to scold' him. Racism is not just a football problem," he wrote.
"I didn't know how to react. I couldn't tell off the three-year-old kid. Should I have said something to the dad while my two young kids were there? Anyway game to prepare for and wonder if the kid and his parents will be in the crowd...
"The thing that upsets me most is that my 12-year-old daughter came to me to ask if I'd heard it and I didn't know what to say. Should I have told off the dad? I was just gobsmacked. Again I reiterate this is not because of football but a society issue."[/size]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Racism.. Empty Re: Racism..

Post  canary-dave on 2019-05-13, 6:08 pm

If the kid was only 3 years old, he must have heard it somewhere and the father is the number one suspect  like

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-05-13, 10:31 pm

canary-dave wrote:If the kid was only 3 years old, he must have heard it somewhere and the father is the number one suspect  like
Sad Sad Sad depressed Sad Sad Sad

Sadly I feel you're so true Dave.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-05-13, 11:22 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
canary-dave wrote:If the kid was only 3 years old, he must have heard it somewhere and the father is the number one suspect  like
Sad Sad Sad depressed Sad Sad Sad

Sadly I feel you're so true Dave.
My granddaughter is two and a half and she copies everything we say and definitely understands what we mean, so we have to be very careful with what we say around her. This child has to have heard those words said by close family members, and in that context, to have used them like this. Very sad Sad
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-14, 3:11 am

You are all correct, three year old's are not racist and just copy what they hear. if racist language is the norm in the child's home life then its not racist to the child, its just the norm.

But that is no comfort to the doctors children who were just enjoying a day out.

Its all very sad that we still have monkey chants and incidents like this, very, very small minorities but I fear that in today's country with the growing divisions and what seems to be a growing hatred we may well be seeing racism and indeed other prejudices growing.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-05-16, 12:30 am

My youngest was only about 3/4 when she first encountered racism (by another girl about 8/10) & she asked why the other girl ran over here with her bike & called her a ***....***. I replied it was taught to her by an older family member. I shake my head at times & try not to cry.  I love you

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-05-16, 9:44 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:My youngest was only about 3/4 when she first encountered racism (by another girl about 8/10) & she asked why the other girl ran over here with her bike & called her a ***....***. I replied it was taught to her by an older family member. I shake my head at times & try not to cry.  I love you
So sad - am sure your family are secure in your love but sometimes I wonder about the world we have brought our children into Sad
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum