SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» You are shit
Home grown or buy them young with potential. EmptyToday at 9:26 pm by Nostalgic

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
Home grown or buy them young with potential. EmptyToday at 12:45 pm by cyprussyd

» Just love Keano
Home grown or buy them young with potential. EmptyToday at 11:10 am by Kipper

» Jack Rodwell MK 2
Home grown or buy them young with potential. EmptyToday at 10:09 am by canary-dave

» Man Citeh!!!!
Home grown or buy them young with potential. EmptyToday at 8:30 am by canary-dave

» Football Finances
Home grown or buy them young with potential. EmptyYesterday at 10:26 am by Hieronymus

» Get your tissues before viewing
Home grown or buy them young with potential. Empty2019-05-18, 3:51 pm by Hieronymus

» Wembley
Home grown or buy them young with potential. Empty2019-05-18, 8:33 am by Sid MCFC

» Hampshire Police launch assault investigation
Home grown or buy them young with potential. Empty2019-05-18, 7:40 am by Kipper

» Charlton or Doncaster?
Home grown or buy them young with potential. Empty2019-05-18, 7:13 am by gil t azell

Home grown or buy them young with potential.

Go down

Home grown or buy them young with potential. Empty Home grown or buy them young with potential.

Post  Mackemneil on 2019-05-13, 3:19 pm

We have a well established Academy set up, but in truth, we have not seen as many young guns come through the system as I would like. Its fair to say that when in the Premiership it is very difficult for players to break in at that level and they usually need some development opportunity at lower level clubs first. I always felt that the club were a little lazy in finding more appropriate clubs for the young lads development. On many occasions it was Gateshead, Hartlepool, Darlington or basement Scottish teams and few came back with that added experience necessary to break through. There were exceptions like Pickford and Henderson, but not many more. There were some that were simply moved on, only for them to develop late like John Egan who has established himself as a solid Championship player.

This season we have seen some of the kids given a chance, though in the case of Honeyman and Gooch, perhaps a little late. Has that worked in changing the ethos of the club this year or has the change come from the purchase or loan of young lads with potential and those with experience, but not at the end of their careers.

For the future what do we think is the route forward?

What can we expect from Embleton, Mumba, Robson, Kimpioka, Hulme and Diamond in the next couple of seasons.

If it is to be homegrown, I hope that a more structured and adventurous approach to loaning out is established. That loaning in should come from premier teams with kids that have been developed with the right attitude to the game. That the above kids are given a chance where appropriate. That we continue to seek those established and still developing players from at least Championship sides that add a bit of quality.

.... and that those who are not going to achieve, are moved on .... like Love, Matthews etc
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Home grown or buy them young with potential. Empty Re: Home grown or buy them young with potential.

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-13, 3:51 pm

I think the new owners are very much into developing the young players, a win, win in lots of ways, save money on transfers for those who make it and good funding source if they are good enough to move on like Henderson and Pickford.

Yes it would be great to be in a position where we keep the good players but in truth we are a few seasons away, well a good few away from being able to keep those quality but we do get to use them as they develop.

One thing that has surprised me is hearing of players from those who follow the kids, players with a big future I am told but players who dont quite make it.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Home grown or buy them young with potential. Empty Re: Home grown or buy them young with potential.

Post  gil t azell on 2019-05-13, 8:19 pm

I love the idea of homegrown but younguns who have potential and who have pace will also do for me.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum