SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Appoint a decent manager
Sunderland - Next up Portsmouth v Sunderland EmptyToday at 7:23 am by wanderer

» Congratulations H
Sunderland - Next up Portsmouth v Sunderland EmptyYesterday at 7:43 pm by wanderer

» Dave
Sunderland - Next up Portsmouth v Sunderland EmptyYesterday at 7:09 pm by oldblackcat

» Donald on radio tonight
Sunderland - Next up Portsmouth v Sunderland EmptyYesterday at 6:54 pm by cyprussyd

» Well thats it for me, after last night
Sunderland - Next up Portsmouth v Sunderland EmptyYesterday at 6:19 pm by wanderer

» The excitement builds
Sunderland - Next up Portsmouth v Sunderland EmptyYesterday at 8:57 am by cyprussyd

» for whats its worth
Sunderland - Next up Portsmouth v Sunderland Empty2019-11-12, 8:16 pm by Hieronymus

» Make your mind up time
Sunderland - Next up Portsmouth v Sunderland Empty2019-11-12, 7:51 pm by oldblackcat

» Game off
Sunderland - Next up Portsmouth v Sunderland Empty2019-11-12, 7:48 pm by Vincemac

» Nicked off Facebook
Sunderland - Next up Portsmouth v Sunderland Empty2019-11-12, 7:37 pm by fitz

Next up Portsmouth v Sunderland

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sunderland - Next up Portsmouth v Sunderland Empty Next up Portsmouth v Sunderland

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-12, 8:22 pm

Play off's second leg on Thursday.

If you thought Saturday was tense with finger nails bitten and heart medication needed, we may find Thursday night is a watch from behind the sofa.

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2019-05-14, 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Sunderland - Next up Portsmouth v Sunderland Empty Re: Next up Portsmouth v Sunderland

Post  gil t azell on 2019-05-12, 8:42 pm

I'm going for a role reversal.

SAFC to be getting beat 1-0 until the 88th minute. We get an equaliser and Wembley yet again.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Sunderland - Next up Portsmouth v Sunderland Empty Re: Next up Portsmouth v Sunderland

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-05-12, 9:28 pm

gil t azell wrote:I'm going for a role reversal.

SAFC to be getting beat 1-0 until the 88th minute. We get an equaliser and Wembley yet again.
Dear God I hope not! I can only imagine all the local A&E's overflowing with heart attacks Laughing

My preference is we score in first minute, then again in about the tenth, and then again in about the 20th so we all have a relatively relaxing evening.

finger cross finger cross finger cross
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-12, 9:46 pm

Hieronymus wrote:

Dear God I hope not! I can only imagine all the local A&E's overflowing with heart attacks Laughing

My preference is we score in first minute, then again in about the tenth, and then again in about the 20th so we all have a relatively relaxing evening.

3 up at half time and you think you can relax, have you not watched Sunderland?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-05-12, 10:42 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

3 up at half time and you think you can relax, have you not watched Sunderland?
lol!
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2019-05-12, 11:17 pm

Happy that pompey didn't score an away goal. Do away goals matter in the 2 games if scores are level at the end of the second leg. If so we need to score. If not then straight to penalties presumably. Of course, we won't  let it come to that, will we?
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-05-13, 12:36 am

Stay with it folks, if we overcome Pompey there is a strong possibility we will play Charlton in the final.  Ain't life grand.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-05-13, 5:31 am

oxfordshire wrote:Happy that pompey didn't score an away goal. Do away goals matter in the 2 games if scores are level at the end of the second leg. If so we need to score. If not then straight to penalties presumably. Of course, we won't  let it come to that, will we?

If you look at the league two playoff final, it was 1-1 first leg and 0-0 second leg but was decided on penalties  like

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Lever Malone on 2019-05-13, 6:52 am

No the away goals rule doesn't count in the play offs. If the scores are level at the end of the second game it goes to extra time and then penalties.
Lever Malone
Lever Malone
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-13, 8:35 am

"At the end of the game they were celebrating like they'd won three or four nil."

When they won at Christmas they virtually did a lap of honour.

Sunderland had played their last home game and walked round the pitch with their kids as they always do.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pompey man Evans: Sunderland were celebrating – but we can give them Fratton battering
Gareth Evans warned Sunderland they face a Fratton firestorm in their play-off return.
portsmouth.co.uk

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-13, 9:07 am

Saturdays game was a feisty affair with  both sets of players looking up for the fight.

Pompy seems ready to stoke it up and are promising a physical game and I would guess the Sunderland players will fight hard to get to the final.

So we will see a few yellow cards and I dont think anyone will be surprised to see a yellow or two.

Two players to keep an eye on are Wyke and their center back who had a relationship on Saturday that I can see growing but it was a relationship with no sign of love in it.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-05-13, 12:10 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Saturdays game was a feisty affair with  both sets of players looking up for the fight.

Pompy seems ready to stoke it up and are promising a physical game and I would guess the Sunderland players will fight hard to get to the final.

So we will see a few yellow cards and I dont think anyone will be surprised to see a yellow or two.

Two players to keep an eye on are Wyke and their center back who had a relationship on Saturday that I can see growing but it was a relationship with no sign of love in it.

You didn't think Wyke's hand on his throat was a sign of affection then?
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-05-13, 1:46 pm

as we all know Sunderland dont do easy.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-13, 4:12 pm

Alim Ozturk will be available for selection when Jack Ross’ side take on
@officialpompey
on Thursday following a successful appeal.

Full story...

#SAFC

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-05-13, 8:16 pm

cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
@officialpompey

Full story...

#SAFC
Excellent news. As I said in my summary after the match, it was never a red card. Even in real time it was obvious - very poor refereeing Evil or Very Mad
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-13, 8:59 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
@officialpompey

Full story...

#SAFC
Excellent news. As I said in my summary after the match, it was never a red card. Even in real time it was obvious - very poor refereeing Evil or Very Mad
Thats the third overturned this season, what does that tell us?

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-05-13, 9:06 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
@officialpompey

Full story...

#SAFC
Thats the third overturned this season, what does that tell us?
Yes indeed Smile
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-15, 2:08 pm

PLEASE..PLEASE..PLEASE
NO EXTRA TIME
&
NO PENALTIES

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-05-15, 4:44 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
PLEASE..PLEASE..PLEASE
NO EXTRA TIME
&
NO PENALTIES
I second that! Laughing
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-15, 4:55 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
PLEASE..PLEASE..PLEASE
NO EXTRA TIME
&
NO PENALTIES
I second that! Laughing
I still feel I am too young to die and if we have pens I could

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-05-15, 7:12 pm

Would all the moaners of "too many draws this season" be happy if that was the outcome tomorrow?  Rolling Eyes
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-15, 9:07 pm

Peter Bankes has been named as the referee for Sunderland's clash with Portsmouth on Thursday night - a fixture he has history with.

The Black Cats will make the trip to Fratton Park for the second leg of their League One play-off semi-final against the Blues, with the Wearsiders a goal up courtesy of Chris Maguire's stunning strike at the Stadium of Light.

Five minutes later, referee Andy Woolmer showed a straight red card to Sunderland defender Alim Ozturk, a decision which has since been overturned.

Bankes has also sent off a Sunderland player this season after dismissing Glenn Loovens during Pompey's 3-1 win over the Black Cats at Fratton Park in December.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-05-15, 10:17 pm

cyprussyd wrote:

Peter Bankes has been named as the referee for Sunderland's clash with Portsmouth on Thursday night - a fixture he has history with.

The Black Cats will make the trip to Fratton Park for the second leg of their League One play-off semi-final against the Blues, with the Wearsiders a goal up courtesy of Chris Maguire's stunning strike at the Stadium of Light.

Five minutes later, referee Andy Woolmer showed a straight red card to Sunderland defender Alim Ozturk, a decision which has since been overturned.

Bankes has also sent off a Sunderland player this season after dismissing Glenn Loovens during Pompey's 3-1 win over the Black Cats at Fratton Park in December.
i smell a rat

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-16, 1:07 pm

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-05-16, 2:44 pm

we will prevail tonight. Hawayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum