SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Lee Cattermole
The SunderMad/not606 Canary thread EmptyToday at 1:49 am by Nostalgic

» Charlton v Sunderland
The SunderMad/not606 Canary thread EmptyYesterday at 8:22 pm by Nostalgic

» Come back Theresa
The SunderMad/not606 Canary thread Empty2019-05-24, 8:08 pm by canary-dave

» Annette's new diet is working
The SunderMad/not606 Canary thread Empty2019-05-23, 6:00 pm by canary-dave

» London-Breaking News
The SunderMad/not606 Canary thread Empty2019-05-23, 4:51 pm by Sid MCFC

» Stewart Donald, never fails to amaze me.
The SunderMad/not606 Canary thread Empty2019-05-23, 3:06 pm by Kipper

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
The SunderMad/not606 Canary thread Empty2019-05-22, 10:55 pm by Hieronymus

» New Home Strip
The SunderMad/not606 Canary thread Empty2019-05-22, 10:49 pm by Hieronymus

» New Scotland manager
The SunderMad/not606 Canary thread Empty2019-05-22, 6:38 pm by cyprussyd

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
The SunderMad/not606 Canary thread Empty2019-05-21, 9:50 am by Vincemac

The SunderMad/not606 Canary thread

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The SunderMad/not606 Canary thread Empty Dare we look ahead?

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-11-28, 1:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We have to start looking ahead by looking back, a dire performance and result against QPR made a decent performance but bad result against WBA look just like a bad result.

We, or should I say MON has insisted on the 4-4-1-1 formation with Sess in the hole, a system tried and vilified by Bruce and so far a disaster under MON.

We can debate all day long about squad size, under performing players and bad luck but the facts are it does not work,the table shows that.

A lot has been made of the number of away games, well we have now had 2 home games back to back, is anyone looking forward to the next?

Last night I thought the back 4 did OK, Kilgallon impressed me and Rose was outstanding.

Fletcher is and will remain a threat but not on his own.

Midfield, well what to do about midfield who pass sideways, drop back pushing the defence back and are slow.

Well lets start by putting Sess on one wing and giving Fletcher some help, Wickham or Campbell cant do any worse.

Lets leave McClean at home to practise flower arranging.

Lets put either Larsson or Johnson on the other wing, for me it would be Larsson now we have a choice, assuming Catts is out.

Colback who is struggling and cant tackle.
Gardner who is OK but cant tackle.
Vaughan who is OK but cant tackle.

So if none can tackle lets try and find two who can at least attack and pass forward, not hard.

But, what team will MON put out, I would bet something like.

MIG
BARDO..CUELLAR..KILGALLON..ROSE
LARSSON..COLBACK..GARDNER..JOHNSON
SESS
FLETCHER

And I will despare, again.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

The SunderMad/not606 Canary thread Empty Re: The SunderMad/not606 Canary thread

Post  Guest on 2012-11-28, 2:58 pm

I agree with most of what you say but would persist with Johnson on the left, Sess on the right Defensive midfield hasn't worked so without Cattermole lets try our 2 "attacking" midfielders with 4 in the middle to feed 2 up front

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-28, 4:29 pm

MON still persists in playing Fletcher alone up front with no real support to provide for him so last night Fletcher spent a lot of his time chasing back to try to win the ball. Mon persists in bringing on McClean as a sub and frankly he is a total liability because of his insistance on playing the ball back towards his own goal or even worse, giving it to the opposition. Mon stands and watches the midfield play numerous passes across the park and then back to the keeper to boot the ball up the park where the opposition are very happy to receive it. What does MON do about it? Nothing, just more of the same in the next game. The man is paid to organise the team but has done nothing all season and if this continues we'll be watching Championship football next season. I cannot see us getting any more than 6 points between now and Christmas and will the teams around us starting to improve we may well be in the bottom three by then.

Sacking MON at this stage is not a good idea so what can be done to improve our position? It seems to me that a change in method is required to try to buy some time and wait for the January window to open. We need to attack the opposition instead of playing across the park and on the evidence of the past few games Rose is one of the few players who is prepared to go forward and run at the opposition defence. How about playing Bardsley left full back and Gardner on the right and move Rose to left midfield? I'd also like to see Whickham play alongside Fletcher up front for a few games rather than for a 10 minute run out as sub. I really can't see that we'd be any worse off than we are at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2012-11-28, 7:45 pm

It will be just like Sunderland to tear Norwich to shreds with a scintillating performance..Well I can dream eh?alien

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-11-28, 7:49 pm

Wickham or Campbell, both can offer something and neither has set the world light but then again the 4-4-1-1 is not exactly riveting.

I agree about Rose but would go,

Mig
Bardo..Cuella..Killa..Rose
Larsson..Gardner..Vaughan..Sess
Campbell..Fletcher

Campbells pace and work rate should open space for Fletcher and Campbell would hopefully be on the end of Fletcher knock downs.

Would it work, well only one way to find out.

Will we see it, I fear not.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2012-11-28, 8:48 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Wickham or Campbell, both can offer something and neither has set the world light but then again the 4-4-1-1 is not exactly riveting.

I agree about Rose but would go,

Mig
Bardo..Cuella..Killa..Rose
Larsson..Gardner..Vaughan..Sess
Campbell..Fletcher

Campbells pace and work rate should open space for Fletcher and Campbell would hopefully be on the end of Fletcher knock downs.

Would it work, well only one way to find out.

Will we see it, I fear not.

I follow you Syd.

I've wanted 4 - 1 -3 - 2 (quicker to support the attack or get back) from the start with Catts at 1 & Wickham or Saha, even McFadden given a starting chance with Flecth but bloody Catts gets hurt.

Oh well....get soon Cappee.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-29, 3:32 am

I see Campbell getting a mention.. affraid

We really are fooked.

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2012-11-29, 3:38 am

commachio wrote:I see Campbell getting a mention.. affraid

We really are fooked.

Get ya boots on santa

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-29, 3:47 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

We really are fooked.

Get ya boots on santa

Honest mate, if we are thinking about Campbell as a possible solutions to our woes, we really are up shit creek..

How the f*ck did a season with so much promise, end up like this?

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2012-11-29, 5:04 am

commachio wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

We really are fooked.

Get ya boots on santa

Honest mate, if we are thinking about Campbell as a possible solutions to our woes, we really are up shit creek..

How the f*ck did a season with so much promise, end up like this?

Long way to go. To busy to download the stats but prior to QPR we were making progress. Oi, I didn't rate Campbell btw

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-11-29, 6:09 am

I'm afraid Kiwi stats mean nothing to me, I sit and watch us and stats may say many things, my eye tell me we are crap and only going one way.

Time to get real, is Campbell the answer, probably not, however we have what we have and until January its what we have to work with.

The answer to how we got here,simple, we sold Bent and Gyan, we lost Welbeck and Bruce then MON decided in their infinite wisdom that first Bendtner then Fletcher would solve the problem with an old injury prone freebie to back it up, MON may be a manager with a great reputation but that was pure crap management.

Before I hear yes but, who could we get, when I have time I may list the players who moved who would have done a job for us.

So we find ourselves with a goal problem, an attacking problem, a pace problem and a lack of any ideas problem.

We have Fletcher who can do it and,

Ji,who looks like he cant
Wickham who can bring muscle
Saha who on present showing can bring little
Campbell who can bring pace and enthusiasm.

Pace and enthusiasm are at least a step up from what we are getting now.

Is it ideal, is it f*ck but I say again, we have what we have.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2012-11-29, 7:33 am

Syd - You can do most things with stats if you want to so you can take this with a grain of salt but for what it's worth the passing compilation rates & possession won/lost rates are back to pre- Everton which is VERY VERY worrying.

The only positive I can see is that Shots on Goal are up but that hasn't helped as our conversion rate has plummeted!

I wish I could be more positive but I’m struggling, so can you get Scatty to whisper 4–1-3–2 into Marty’s ear tonight.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-11-29, 9:22 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

Syd - You can do most things with stats if you want to so you can take this with a grain of salt but for what it's worth the passing compilation rates & possession won/lost rates are back to pre- Everton which is VERY VERY worrying.

The only positive I can see is that Shots on Goal are up but that hasn't helped as our conversion rate has plummeted!

I wish I could be more positive but I’m struggling, so can you get Scatty to whisper 4–1-3–2 into Marty’s ear tonight.

I'm not sure if they are still speaking after Tuesday night

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2012-11-29, 11:58 am

cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We have to start looking ahead by looking back, a dire performance and result against QPR made a decent performance but bad result against WBA look just like a bad result.

We, or should I say MON has insisted on the 4-4-1-1 formation with Sess in the hole, a system tried and vilified by Bruce and so far a disaster under MON.

We can debate all day long about squad size, under performing players and bad luck but the facts are it does not work,the table shows that.

A lot has been made of the number of away games, well we have now had 2 home games back to back, is anyone looking forward to the next?

Last night I thought the back 4 did OK, Kilgallon impressed me and Rose was outstanding.

Fletcher is and will remain a threat but not on his own.

Midfield, well what to do about midfield who pass sideways, drop back pushing the defence back and are slow.

Well lets start by putting Sess on one wing and giving Fletcher some help, Wickham or Campbell cant do any worse.

Lets leave McClean at home to practise flower arranging.

Lets put either Larsson or Johnson on the other wing, for me it would be Larsson now we have a choice, assuming Catts is out.

Colback who is struggling and cant tackle.
Gardner who is OK but cant tackle.
Vaughan who is OK but cant tackle.

So if none can tackle lets try and find two who can at least attack and pass forward, not hard.

But, what team will MON put out, I would bet something like.

MIG
BARDO..CUELLAR..KILGALLON..ROSE
LARSSON..COLBACK..GARDNER..JOHNSON
SESS
FLETCHER

And I will despare, again.

maybe Vaughan for colback at this time glass
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-11-29, 10:44 pm

Preview: Norwich City v Sunderland
Published: 29 November, 2012
by Stuart Vose

We look ahead to Sunday's game.
Sunderland and Norwich will meet for just the third time in the league since 2006 when Martin O’Neill’s side head to Carrow Road on Monday.

The Canaries are on a useful run of form under Chris Hughton, who took over from Paul Lambert in the summer following the latter’s departure to Aston Villa.

They are on a seven-match unbeaten run, including a 1-1 draw at Southampton in midweek as Robert Snodgrass cancelled out Rickie Lambert’s opener.
Two points and three places separate the sides in the Barclays Premier League table, with 13th-placed City holding the advantage.

Norwich’s home form has been good, with three wins from six home games. A further two games have been drawn, with only a single defeat (2-5 versus Liverpool).

Sunderland, meanwhile, notched their first away victory of the season at Fulham in their last game on the road and have taken four points from their last three games.
The Black Cats have won three out of the last four games between the two sides, including a 3-0 home victory last season featuring goals from Fraizer Campbell, Stephane Sessegnon and an own goal from Daniel Ayala.

The win came after a Norwich victory earlier in the 2011-12 campaign with the Canaries running out 2-1 winners at Carrow Road in September 2011.
Sunday’s game will be the 55th meeting between the two sides in all competitions, with Norwich holding the advantage with 24 wins to Sunderland’s 17. A further 13 games have ended all square.

Opta Facts
The away side has failed to score in six of the last seven league meetings between Norwich and Sunderland.
45% of the goals Norwich have scored have come from headers, the highest proportion in the top flight this season.
Grant Holt (38) has committed more fouls than any other player in the top flight.
Norwich have been caught offside 42 times this season, more than any other team in the top flight.
The Canaries have picked up fewer cards than any other team in the Premier League this season (12 yellows, no reds).

Craig Gardner has been booked in all Sunderland’s even-numbered Premier League matches this season (2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th &12th). This is the Black Cats’ 14th game.
Norwich are unbeaten in their last seven Premier League games, winning three and drawing four.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-30, 12:28 am

cyprussyd wrote:Preview: Norwich City v Sunderland
Published: 29 November, 2012
by Stuart Vose

We look ahead to Sunday's game.
Sunderland and Norwich will meet for just the third time in the league since 2006 when Martin O’Neill’s side head to Carrow Road on Monday.

The Canaries are on a useful run of form under Chris Hughton, who took over from Paul Lambert in the summer following the latter’s departure to Aston Villa.

They are on a seven-match unbeaten run, including a 1-1 draw at Southampton in midweek as Robert Snodgrass cancelled out Rickie Lambert’s opener.
Two points and three places separate the sides in the Barclays Premier League table, with 13th-placed City holding the advantage.

Norwich’s home form has been good, with three wins from six home games. A further two games have been drawn, with only a single defeat (2-5 versus Liverpool).

Sunderland, meanwhile, notched their first away victory of the season at Fulham in their last game on the road and have taken four points from their last three games.
The Black Cats have won three out of the last four games between the two sides, including a 3-0 home victory last season featuring goals from Fraizer Campbell, Stephane Sessegnon and an own goal from Daniel Ayala.

The win came after a Norwich victory earlier in the 2011-12 campaign with the Canaries running out 2-1 winners at Carrow Road in September 2011.
Sunday’s game will be the 55th meeting between the two sides in all competitions, with Norwich holding the advantage with 24 wins to Sunderland’s 17. A further 13 games have ended all square.

Opta Facts
The away side has failed to score in six of the last seven league meetings between Norwich and Sunderland.
45% of the goals Norwich have scored have come from headers, the highest proportion in the top flight this season.
Grant Holt (38) has committed more fouls than any other player in the top flight.
Norwich have been caught offside 42 times this season, more than any other team in the top flight.
The Canaries have picked up fewer cards than any other team in the Premier League this season (12 yellows, no reds).

Craig Gardner has been booked in all Sunderland’s even-numbered Premier League matches this season (2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th &12th). This is the Black Cats’ 14th game.
Norwich are unbeaten in their last seven Premier League games, winning three and drawing four.

Well that's us fooked then....

Even gonna turn up a day late for a game..

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-11-30, 5:45 am

didnt even notice that, is it an omen

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

The SunderMad/not606 Canary thread Empty The SunderMad/not606 Canary thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-12-01, 9:31 am

To return the favour this will be a joint thread, or not, depending on demand.

Let me start by saying we will marmalise you canary boys, does anyone believe me?

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2012-12-01, 9:44 am

That could well happen Syd, we have, in the past, been very kind and accommodating to teams that are struggling, we're without our number one keeper, Tina is injured and would have excelled against his former team-mates!

I must say though, I am expecting us to win, Chris Hughton has worked wonders with our defence!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2012-12-01, 9:44 am

Mustard was invented/concocted by an old lass in Durham and she passed it on to Coleman who manufactured it. one up to us already.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2012-12-01, 9:46 am

Nostalgic wrote:Mustard was invented/concocted by an old lass in Durham and she passed it on to Coleman who manufactured it. one up to us already.

But everyone thinks of "Coleman's" mustard, not "Some old lass from Durham!"

1 - 1

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-12-01, 10:05 am

Tinas pace will be a miss, to us

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-12-01, 10:28 am

Our Gary Rowell was better than your Gary Rowell..

2-1

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2012-12-01, 10:40 am

Steve Bruce scored a cup semi-final winner for us against our local rivals!

2 - 2

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-12-01, 10:45 am

Morning rep fans

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content