SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» You are shit
true of some fans EmptyToday at 9:26 pm by Nostalgic

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
true of some fans EmptyToday at 12:45 pm by cyprussyd

» Just love Keano
true of some fans EmptyToday at 11:10 am by Kipper

» Jack Rodwell MK 2
true of some fans EmptyToday at 10:09 am by canary-dave

» Man Citeh!!!!
true of some fans EmptyToday at 8:30 am by canary-dave

» Football Finances
true of some fans EmptyYesterday at 10:26 am by Hieronymus

» Get your tissues before viewing
true of some fans Empty2019-05-18, 3:51 pm by Hieronymus

» Wembley
true of some fans Empty2019-05-18, 8:33 am by Sid MCFC

» Hampshire Police launch assault investigation
true of some fans Empty2019-05-18, 7:40 am by Kipper

» Charlton or Doncaster?
true of some fans Empty2019-05-18, 7:13 am by gil t azell

true of some fans

Go down

true of some fans Empty true of some fans

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-05-11, 8:11 am

Are you one of the moaners?...if so here's the title of the next Netflix series

Seriously though....after all the crap on social media last week this is what it's starting to look like to other teams Mad...hope the defeatists stay away tonight!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

true of some fans Empty Re: true of some fans

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-11, 9:05 am

I have deliberately stayed away from SunderMad and in the main social media because some of the things I have read have depressed me.

We have what I see as a massive game tonight but it looks like a disappointing crowd for some ridiculous reasons and here on SunderaMad there seems little interest, I simply dont get it.

Then a story breaks from Sky and its worded that Donald is selling up and so many cant wait to jump in with Vinkles response of WTF.

Then minutes later the real story comes out and we find that Donald is doing what he has said he would all season, get the investment in to take us forward but he is going nowhere.

What I see are to many fans rushing to find any negative and to few getting behind the team in a positive way.

Now at this point we usually see the I am busy comments and that's fine, its not you that depresses me. Its the I am not paying £20.00, I am a season ticket holder so it should be free. I am not going because we are crap. I'm not going because the manager is a failure and should be sacked. And it goes on and on.

TBH I'm no longer bothered how others see us, its bad enough how I am starting to see us.

We have had years of depression, crying out for owners and players who care, well we now have them and anyone who has watched us this season would have seen that. Are they the best, no but they do give their best. Tonight they will again give their best and my focus is on doing what I can to support yes, to get behind them yes but above all to show my appreciation for giving me some hope.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2019-05-11, 9:36 am

I'm busy tonight, Sydney, I'd like it to be free to season ticket holders, we're not as good as I hoped, and I'd have to miss taking Mrs. A. to our favourite pub, like I always do on saturday nights (usually tea-time(ish) until night time) Sad

. . . . but I can't do my usual 'thing' 'cos I've got a match to attend, and I've simply got to go. I haven't got a choice, since the fixture was announced the only question that I've had to answer is 'when do I go for our tickets ?' and I'm preparing for it with the usual nervousness that I do for all matches Wink

I might be disappointed after the match, though I don't expect to be, but I'll still be there for the next one Smile
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2019-05-11, 10:39 am

cyprussyd wrote:I have deliberately stayed away from SunderMad and in the main social media because some of the things I have read have depressed me.
No need to be depressed
We have what I see as a massive game tonight but it looks like a disappointing crowd for some ridiculous reasons and here on SunderaMad there seems little interest, I simply dont get it.
Saturday 7-30 is not suitable for many
Then a story breaks from Sky and its worded that Donald is selling up and so many cant wait to jump in with Vinkles response of WTF.

Then minutes later the real story comes out and we find that Donald is doing what he has said he would all season, get the investment in to take us forward but he is going nowhere.
What I see are to many fans rushing to find any negative and to few getting behind the team in a positive way.
According to Sunderland echo, SD may retain a meaningful stake. So what does that mean
Now at this point we usually see the I am busy comments and that's fine, its not you that depresses me. Its the I am not paying £20.00, I am a season ticket holder so it should be free. I am not going because we are crap. I'm not going because the manager is a failure and should be sacked. And it goes on and on.

TBH I'm no longer bothered how others see us, its bad enough how I am starting to see us.

We have had years of depression, crying out for owners and players who care, well we now have them and anyone who has watched us this season would have seen that. Are they the best, no but they do give their best. Tonight they will again give their best and my focus is on doing what I can to support yes, to get behind them yes but above all to show my appreciation for giving me some hope.
One day all may be made clear, until then its speculation. And as normal people will voice their opinions, that's life. My point is we are heading into 2 games that will go a long way into deciding our immediate future. What an awful time for this to break.
Surely SD should have kept this under wraps until our destiny is decided.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-05-11, 10:58 am

cyprussyd wrote:I have deliberately stayed away from SunderMad and in the main social media because some of the things I have read have depressed me.

I honestly couldn't believe how much negativity there has been this last week....and it's all because we have done well Shocked

Let's face it if we started the season badly and managed to reach the play offs everyone would have been upbeat that we had a chance of still gaining promotion.Because we have always been close to an automatic promotion place and ended up in the play offs loads of people are saying it's a failure....I can't see the difference, at the end of the day we are STILL in with a chance of promotion which was the aim at the start of the season....fans need to give their heads a shake and get behind the team!

We may end up with a low attendance for one of the most important games of the season tonight which in my eyes is ridiculous....but the good point is that presumably all the real fans will be there tonight and no moaners

See you there Ha'way the lads!!
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2019-05-11, 11:37 am

Well I'll be going to the game tonight dragging the wife along she's a gooner but loves the live atmosphere.
I hope I'm not the kiss of death as the last time I went to game on my birthday we got relegated remember the palace game all those years ago.
I don't care how many turn up if we win those that are whining are the real losers.
This club and team were dead and buried until Donald and Methven turned us around in the space of a season.
Maybe the smaller crowd will be better for us as there will be less pressure on them who knows.
All I can say is whatever happens I will be there next season and the season after that and after that until the day I die.
FTM.
Rovertsafc
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-05-11, 11:39 am

Gordon Armstrong wrote:I'm busy tonight, Sydney, I'd like it to be free to season ticket holders, we're not as good as I hoped, and I'd have to miss taking Mrs. A. to our favourite pub, like I always do on saturday nights (usually tea-time(ish) until night time) Sad

. . . . but I can't do my usual 'thing' 'cos I've got a match to attend, and I've simply got to go. I haven't got a choice, since the fixture was announced the only question that I've had to answer is 'when do I go for our tickets ?' and I'm preparing for it with the usual nervousness that I do for all matches Wink

I might be disappointed after the match, though I don't expect to be, but I'll still be there for the next one Smile
Great post.  Hope you’ve got a big smile on your face tonight.  like
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-11, 11:44 am

vinkel wrote:
No need to be depressed
Saturday 7-30 is not suitable for many

According to Sunderland echo, SD may retain a meaningful stake. So what does that mean

One day all may be made clear, until then its speculation. And as normal people will voice their opinions, that's life. My point is we are heading into 2 games that will go a long way into deciding our immediate future. What an awful time for this to break.
Surely SD should have kept this under wraps until our destiny is decided.
And in this post is my problem and that's what depresses me.

Yes we are all entitled to an opinion but as I tried to make clear its the jumping on the negative that is my problem and here it is, IMO, done again.

A meaningful stake is self explanatory, he will still be here with a big say.

And it was not Donald who reported any story it was Sky, when asked he told the story, but only after the story, inaccurately came out.

As for affecting tonight's game, why should it?

It seems that Donald is guilty of carrying out what he said he would and bring in the investment needed to take the club forward, well done.

That's me done now, time for me to focus on having a good night out.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2019-05-11, 11:54 am

Talking with peers (face to face)  I think massive anti-climax is tha cause of the 'discontent'.
People so desperate for the team to succeed..

As for lack of ticket sales for tonight, well the matc h is on sky.
Supporters can watch the game with their family or friends.
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2019-05-11, 12:12 pm

I will be watching the match with 'family' and friends . . . . in row 27, right behind the goal Wink
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-11, 12:41 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:I will be watching the match with 'family' and friends . . . . in row 27, right behind the goal Wink
APPL APPL APPL

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2019-05-11, 1:39 pm

..and I will be watching with my family on the sofa..
With bottle of wine and a takeaway..

It doesnt mean I care any less..
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-11, 2:09 pm

Silvers wrote:..and I will be watching with my family on the sofa..
With bottle of wine and a takeaway..

It doesnt mean I care any less..
Wine and a takeaway, are you the new investor?

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2019-05-11, 2:18 pm

After 4 year I should know better, never mind I have called a cab.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-05-11, 2:55 pm

I shall begin going because I love going although I do think the club made a mistake charging season ticket holders.

Anyway, I know what I think about the club (pretty similar to Syd). Any nonsense I can easily ignore. Happy to hear other views but if they step into nonsense then I switch off - not my concern,  I'll still enjoy match day and give the team my support.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Lever Malone on 2019-05-11, 4:09 pm

I don't think the club has any say about charging season ticket holders for this game. Although SAFC are involved it is a game under the control of the Football League who would not agree to the club not charging. I do not think the club retains all the money from play off games some of it goes back to the EFL. 

I seem to recall some seasons ago Sunderland tried not to charge for a League Cup 1st round game to try to encourage more fans to turn up but this was not allowed by the EFL so I would think the same would apply for this match.
Lever Malone
Lever Malone
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-05-11, 5:19 pm

Lever Malone wrote:I don't think the club has any say about charging season ticket holders for this game. Although SAFC are involved it is a game under the control of the Football League who would not agree to the club not charging. I do not think the club retains all the money from play off games some of it goes back to the EFL. 

I seem to recall some seasons ago Sunderland tried not to charge for a League Cup 1st round game to try to encourage more fans to turn up but this was not allowed by the EFL so I would think the same would apply for this match.
All is forgiven Smile
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-05-11, 10:37 pm

Hope everyone enjoyed it.

Syd - Some have so much going on in there lives that what at the end of the day is just another football match is not at present a priority to them. By not attending or posting doesn't mean you ever wish any less for SAFC.  
For me personally, I'm just glad all my loved ones are still here today for Mothers Day & we can share the love.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-05-11, 11:01 pm

Like GA I would normally be out with my woman on a Saturdy afternoon/night ( and I really enjoy these sessions) but like GA she can do one where SAFC are concerned. I was there tonight and to be fair 1-0 with 10 men for the last 20 was a bloody good result.

Plus the fans that were there tonight made it a good atmosphere.

I would have took that result with 11 men so yup quite happy.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-05-11, 11:16 pm

gil t azell wrote:Like GA I would normally be out with my woman on a Saturdy afternoon/night ( and I really enjoy these sessions) but like GA she can do one where SAFC are concerned. I was there tonight and to be fair 1-0 with 10 men for the last 20 was a bloody good result.

Plus the fans that were there tonight made it a good atmosphere.

I would have took that result with 11 men so yup quite happy.
Yep cracking atmosphere during and after the game.
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-12, 12:58 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:Hope everyone enjoyed it.

Syd - Some have so much going on in there lives that what at the end of the day is just another football match is not at present a priority to them. By not attending or posting doesn't mean you ever wish any less for SAFC.  
For me personally, I'm just glad all my loved ones are still here today for Mothers Day & we can share the love.

1. I did say it does not mean you so no idea why you think I did
  2. I know all about things going on in peoples lives
  3. Its just a game of football to many yes but a play off semi final on a Sunderland site is more than just another game to many
  4. With so few posters on here any would be welcome
  5. I know all about being glad each day I wake up to find Annette still breathing

All that said I am very aware that I may be asking to much of some and chasing others, with that in mind I intend to make a conscious effort to back off, post less and upset fewer. I am spending more time on social media platforms that have more people who are obsessed like me.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-05-12, 1:09 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:Hope everyone enjoyed it.

1. I did say it does not mean you so no idea why you think I did
  2. I know all about things going on in peoples lives
  3. Its just a game of football to many yes but a play off semi final on a Sunderland site is more than just another game to many
  4. With so few posters on here any would be welcome
  5. I know all about being glad each day I wake up to find Annette still breathing

All that said I am very aware that I may be asking to much of some and chasing others, with that in mind I intend to make a conscious effort to back off, post less and upset fewer. I am spending more time on social media platforms that have more people who are obsessed like me.

I have to say Syd that I love your positivity, I'm exactly the same with all things Norwich City, so this season has been a great season following a few not so good but always enjoyable seasons 

The downside for me is between now and mid August when the games start again. 

I really don't understand the moaners and whingers. Norwich is my team and I will follow them even if they went down to the Evo Stick Sunday League!  canary

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum