SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Appoint a decent manager
How about some controversy? EmptyToday at 7:23 am by wanderer

» Congratulations H
How about some controversy? EmptyYesterday at 7:43 pm by wanderer

» Dave
How about some controversy? EmptyYesterday at 7:09 pm by oldblackcat

» Donald on radio tonight
How about some controversy? EmptyYesterday at 6:54 pm by cyprussyd

» Well thats it for me, after last night
How about some controversy? EmptyYesterday at 6:19 pm by wanderer

» The excitement builds
How about some controversy? EmptyYesterday at 8:57 am by cyprussyd

» for whats its worth
How about some controversy? Empty2019-11-12, 8:16 pm by Hieronymus

» Make your mind up time
How about some controversy? Empty2019-11-12, 7:51 pm by oldblackcat

» Game off
How about some controversy? Empty2019-11-12, 7:48 pm by Vincemac

» Nicked off Facebook
How about some controversy? Empty2019-11-12, 7:37 pm by fitz

How about some controversy?

Go down

How about some controversy? Empty How about some controversy?

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-07, 12:08 pm

It's a damp Tuesday so I thought I would put a wee bit of controversy out there.

I am a big fan of our owner and directors and love how they have changed our club, so far so good.

But I am also big on standards, professionalism and appearance, wtf is he going on about I hear you ask.

As you know I was in the board room on boxing day a first division club yes but very much a premiership boardroom.

The Bradford chairman, directors and children arrived, all booted and suited, not OTT but what you would expect, well what I would expect   of club directors.

And that is my point, IMO its important to be good but its also important to look the part.

Stewart Donald arrived, crumpled trousers and a tie without a jacket, his kids in t shirt and jeans and Charlie in shirt tie and jeans. Charlie spoke to me and a few others, Stewart to none of us.

Tony Davidson our MD was the only one who looked the part.

So why does it matter?

To me the directors looked like what maybe was division one owners, I think they should, on match day, look like premier league owners.

Maybe I am on my own here so you tell me..

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

How about some controversy? Empty Re: How about some controversy?

Post  Kipper on 2019-05-07, 12:59 pm

cyprussyd wrote:It's a damp Tuesday so I thought I would put a wee bit of controversy out there.

I am a big fan of our owner and directors and love how they have changed our club, so far so good.

But I am also big on standards, professionalism and appearance, wtf is he going on about I hear you ask.

As you know I was in the board room on boxing day a first division club yes but very much a premiership boardroom.

The Bradford chairman, directors and children arrived, all booted and suited, not OTT but what you would expect, well what I would expect   of club directors.

And that is my point, IMO its important to be good but its also important to look the part.

Stewart Donald arrived, crumpled trousers and a tie without a jacket, his kids in t shirt and jeans and Charlie in shirt tie and jeans. Charlie spoke to me and a few others, Stewart to none of us.

So why does it matter?

To me the directors looked like what maybe was division one owners, I think they should, on match day, look like premier league owners.

We all know you have to clutch at straws to find anything negative about the club. This is it. Must try harder. It's who you are and what you do that counts.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2019-05-07, 1:38 pm

Anybody in a responsible position should look professional, and wearing a shirt & tie with jeans just looks fecking stupid [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Dressing appropriately is extremely important to me, which is partly why I could never vote for Corbyn the tramp . . . . if he has no respect for the public (can't be bothered to dress appropriately, or even have a shave) I can't have respect for him [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The same applies to our (or any) hierarchy, who should dress respectfully . . . . it really annoys me when I see 'business' people being interviewed on BBC Breakfast that look like they've just been 'dragged in from the street' with no time for preparation [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Examples should be set [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So no, Sydney, you're not on your own [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-07, 1:41 pm

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:It's a damp Tuesday so I thought I would put a wee bit of controversy out there.

So why does it matter?

We all know you have to clutch at straws to find anything negative about the club. This is it. Must try harder. It's who you are and what you do that counts.
Maybe its an age thing or it could be background, then again I may just be on a slow news day.

What you do and how you do it a very important but I also think looking the part is important or maybe not looking the part sends out the wrong message.

I did say controversial.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-05-07, 2:11 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:

So why does it matter?

Maybe its an age thing or it could be background, then again I may just be on a slow news day.

What you do and how you do it a very important but I also think looking the part is important or maybe not looking the part sends out the wrong message.

I did say controversial.
And Aiden Mcgeady should pull his socks up.
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-05-07, 2:26 pm

I'm with you Syd, should be wearing a shirt and tie, a suit and clean and polished shoes.

It's traditional!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-07, 2:32 pm

canary-dave wrote:I'm with you Syd, should be wearing a shirt and tie, a suit and clean and polished shoes.

It's traditional!
When I got my invitation to the board room on Boxing Day it was made very clear,

Dress Code
Men, shirt, tie and jacket. No denim, trainers, jeans, shorts.

That seemed obvious to me so it would seem standards were set. At Chelsea the owner dresses casual so sits in a box, not the board room. I should point out that Kevin Ball and Bobby Kerr were in the board room, smart as a button indeed staff in very smart blazer, shirt and tie with ladies in smart suits, standards.

Its a very small criticism but for me an important one, visual impression is very important.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-05-07, 3:46 pm

In the counselling world we are recomended to dress neutrally.
Extremes can bring about some bias or intimidation.

I think this thread probably proves the point...
Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-07, 4:46 pm

Silvers wrote:In the counselling world we are recomended to dress neutrally.
Extremes can bring about some bias or intimidation.

I think this thread probably proves the point...
Very Happy
I can understand the neutrality in counselling, you would certainly not want to intimidate, I guess that apart from the practical its the same reason that doctors on hospital wards wear scrubs or casual.

But I would suggest that its horses for courses with many situations were a meeting with someone in very casual clothing would shock and maybe question their professionalism.

As I said earlier I accept that my age and background lead me to a more formal expectation in the club board room.

That said the post was to stimulate some controversial debate.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-05-07, 5:24 pm

Things are changing Syd.

All you fossils up above who commented are old school and full of tradition. Us younguns can accept this new style.

PS, my comments up above were purely to cause some controversy. I agree 100%  with you.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-05-08, 6:07 pm

Totally agree Syd, they are the face of the club, be professional and the rest of the club will follow suit right down to the cleaners. Get it right off the pitch and maybe it will transfer to on the pitch. Good standards promote good standards.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum