SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» League Table Mid week 7
Portsmouth - SUNDERLAND V PORTSMOUTH - Page 2 EmptyToday at 4:50 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Mid week 7
Portsmouth - SUNDERLAND V PORTSMOUTH - Page 2 EmptyToday at 4:49 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 07
Portsmouth - SUNDERLAND V PORTSMOUTH - Page 2 EmptyToday at 4:48 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 06
Portsmouth - SUNDERLAND V PORTSMOUTH - Page 2 EmptyToday at 4:47 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Netflix
Portsmouth - SUNDERLAND V PORTSMOUTH - Page 2 EmptyToday at 4:39 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 09
Portsmouth - SUNDERLAND V PORTSMOUTH - Page 2 EmptyToday at 3:46 pm by Mackemneil

» Please Please Please
Portsmouth - SUNDERLAND V PORTSMOUTH - Page 2 EmptyToday at 3:43 pm by Mackemneil

» Bolton Wanders v Sunderland AFC
Portsmouth - SUNDERLAND V PORTSMOUTH - Page 2 EmptyToday at 2:51 am by cyprussyd

» Sunderland Goalkeeper suffers broken arm
Portsmouth - SUNDERLAND V PORTSMOUTH - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 7:27 pm by Hieronymus

» Clean sheet today
Portsmouth - SUNDERLAND V PORTSMOUTH - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 6:17 pm by wanderer

SUNDERLAND V PORTSMOUTH

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Portsmouth - SUNDERLAND V PORTSMOUTH - Page 2 Empty Re: SUNDERLAND V PORTSMOUTH

Post  fitz on 2019-05-11, 9:28 pm

A win is a win (especially after going down to 10 men) - still will need to score at Pompey I reckon

- what was weird though right before the game i was playing Football Manager 19 as Sunderland and in the last match I played Ozturk got sent off with a straight red and cost us the game - I thought it was some freaky premonition for a moment!
fitz
fitz
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-05-11, 10:56 pm

Can we appeal that red card? Very, very harsh in mine and Mr H's opinion.

Maguire's goal was a corker after coming on for a poor Morgan and he made a real difference.

McGeady was sorely missed but BBC reported that Watmore may take part in second leg! Anyone know anything more on that?

My nails were bitten to the quick tonight when we went down to 10 men, knowing how hard we have struggled all season to hold on to a lead. Let's hope we score early on Thursday and save what's left of my fingernails Very Happy

So basically we are 1-0 up at 'half time' - a clean sheet at Fratton Park and we are in the final - that's the simple fact
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2019-05-11, 11:07 pm

Highlights on youtube 

watching it again I cannot believe that sending off - ridiculous - hopefully it can get rescinded

Last edited by fitz on 2019-05-11, 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
fitz
fitz
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-05-11, 11:22 pm

We did well to win a tight game. Maguire is great. Happy with most of the performances but haven't heard what happened to McGeady - wasn't renamed in the original lineup?
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-05-11, 11:23 pm

Kipper wrote:We did well to win a tight game. Maguire is great. Happy with most of the performances but haven't heard what happened to McGeady - wasn't renamed in the original lineup?
He named
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-05-11, 11:58 pm

Kipper wrote:
Kipper wrote:We did well to win a tight game. Maguire is great. Happy with most of the performances but haven't heard what happened to McGeady - wasn't renamed in the original lineup?
He named
Injured in warm up apparently so replaced by Gooch.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2019-05-12, 9:22 am

Hieronymus wrote:Can we appeal that red card? Very, very harsh in mine and Mr H's opinion.

Maguire's goal was a corker after coming on for a poor Morgan and he made a real difference.

McGeady was sorely missed but BBC reported that Watmore may take part in second leg! Anyone know anything more on that?

My nails were bitten to the quick tonight when we went down to 10 men, knowing how hard we have struggled all season to hold on to a lead. Let's hope we score early on Thursday and save what's left of my fingernails Very Happy

So basically we are 1-0 up at 'half time' - a clean sheet at Fratton Park and we are in the final - that's the simple fact
No, we can't appeal it . . . . but we can appeal against it Wink

It would be daft if we didn't appeal against it, 'cos, with the player and the ball heading towards the corner, and other defenders there to cover, it clearly wasn't 'preventing a goalscoring opportunity' Smile
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-05-12, 1:20 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:Can we appeal that red card? Very, very harsh in mine and Mr H's opinion.

It would be daft if we didn't appeal against it, 'cos, with the player and the ball heading towards the corner, and other defenders there to cover, it clearly wasn't 'preventing a goalscoring opportunity' Smile
Speaking as a grammar pedant myself I can only blame the late hour for my shocking faux pas Very Happy

We are appealing against it anyway according to Jack Ross
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-05-12, 1:45 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
Gordon Armstrong wrote:

Speaking as a grammar pedant myself I can only blame the late hour for my shocking faux pas Very Happy

We are appealing against it anyway according to Jack Ross
I didnt notice, no surprise there  Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-05-12, 2:29 pm

It was a pathetic decision by the ref. He had the card out of his pocket before the bloody tackle went in. Running away from goal with defenders closing in it was just ridiculous from a ref who gave us everything after probably due to a 4th official telling him he was a bell end.

It could still cost us. With 11 on the pitch we may have kept on going and got the 2nd goal thus making life easier for the 2nd leg. What will happen to the ref? Nothing, bugger all, de nada, sweet FA. Could keep us down in this division. About time they had to come out and explain themselves AND be held accountable.

I am happy with 1-0 at HT but I also think Pompey will fancy their chances of overturning the score at home.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum