SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland vs Benfica B - Thursday 18th July
The story wont go away EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Hieronymus

» Got my pass, have you got yours?
The story wont go away EmptyYesterday at 9:01 pm by Vincemac

» Good Luck
The story wont go away Empty2019-07-17, 8:53 pm by Lever Malone

» Portugal
The story wont go away Empty2019-07-17, 4:23 pm by cyprussyd

» SCMP
The story wont go away Empty2019-07-16, 6:19 pm by gil t azell

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
The story wont go away Empty2019-07-15, 11:17 pm by Hieronymus

» Wahbi Khazri
The story wont go away Empty2019-07-15, 8:44 am by Hieronymus

» Love departs
The story wont go away Empty2019-07-14, 9:08 am by barrowmackem

» McGeady
The story wont go away Empty2019-07-14, 9:06 am by barrowmackem

» Twitter 1
The story wont go away Empty2019-07-12, 5:19 pm by Hieronymus

The story wont go away

Go down

The story wont go away Empty The story wont go away

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-04-21, 12:31 am

Sunderland owner Stewart Donald has turned down an offer for the club by mystery Malaysian bidder
But the approach has been snubbed because of the number of instalments in the package.
The Malaysians are willing to pay a guaranteed £45m with a further £25m if Sunderland make it to the Premier League.

However, the up-front money is only £20m and the rest of the cash would be paid over the next five years at the rate of around £5m a season.
Donald, 44, is also talking to other parties and wants the guaranteed cash to be paid quicker in case another project comes up — such as his old love Oxford United.
The Stadium of Light chief has just over 70 per cent of the club and could make a fortune for a season’s work — and the Wearsiders have not yet clinched promotion.

Sunderland are in talks to sell the naming rights of the Stadium of Light - and are using their Netflix documentary to attract would-be sponsors.

SunSport understands the Black Cats have been speaking to an energy company and a betting firm about a possible money-spinning deal.
Donald revealed earlier this season that he was open to the idea of renaming their ground to create a new revenue stream.

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2019-04-21, 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

The story wont go away Empty Re: The story wont go away

Post  Guest on 2019-04-21, 4:02 am

No big surprise this , Mr Donald is a business man and a football fan ( Oxford , Eastleigh , Sunderland not all his eggs in one basket ( wee ref to another thread )). I am confident he will do 'right' by our club . If an offer that benefits us and himself comes in then he would be foolish not to consider it . I fully expect if we achieve promotion and mid table next season it is unlikely Mr Donald will be with us , or at a minimum have a lesser role with a  significant financial backer for a large portion of his ownership .
Reality is , he has done nigh on miracles to turn our failing club around and he will forever be seen as our saviour . But he has always maintained his financial clout can only go so far , Juan may be an option , Oligarch money must be nice . 
We all know the finances needed to push for Premier football and the cost of maintaining that position , Stuart will find our money men to continue his legacy with or without him . KTF .

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum