SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Accrington Stanley v Sunderland
Its a gorgeous day EmptyToday at 2:13 pm by Hieronymus

» Sid MCFC an apology!
Its a gorgeous day EmptyToday at 10:53 am by canary-dave

» Sunderland v Rotherham United
Its a gorgeous day EmptyToday at 8:04 am by gil t azell

» Have i got my days mixed up
Its a gorgeous day EmptyToday at 3:40 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Sunderland sue doctor for £13MILLION
Its a gorgeous day EmptyYesterday at 4:47 pm by fitz

» Geoffrey Boycott!
Its a gorgeous day EmptyYesterday at 10:58 am by canary-dave

» Predictions week 07
Its a gorgeous day EmptyYesterday at 7:49 am by oldblackcat

» Watmore
Its a gorgeous day Empty2019-09-13, 9:12 pm by Nostalgic

» Yellowhammer
Its a gorgeous day Empty2019-09-13, 12:23 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Rumours getting stronger
Its a gorgeous day Empty2019-09-13, 10:44 am by gil t azell

Its a gorgeous day

Go down

Its a gorgeous day Empty Its a gorgeous day

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-04-20, 9:07 am

The sun is shinning and its looks like a day to relax and enjoy with yesterdays performance and result making the temperature rise a few degrees.

I heard and read some criticisms about yesterdays performance so I give you my view, my opinion and stress its my opinion, nothing more nothing less.

One of the biggest moan I heard around me was about our center backs, "All they do is lump the ball out, pass it"

Now against Coventry our center backs were slaughtered and Ross acted by changing them and the universal cry was that we needed to get it right, well Ross needed to.

I have no idea what was said but it would not surprise me if it was something like, "Nothing fancy just clear the ball out of the danger area and stop their attackers getting near us"

If we count the number of chances Doncaster had I would say it worked to perfection.

Next was Wyke, a donkey, to slow, lets laugh at him. in my humble opinion those comments show ignorance and are disgraceful. Wyke does not have great pace, not his fault, some people are faster than others, that does not make him a donkey more a good horse but not a race horse. His job yesterday was that of a target man, win the ball and others could play off him, he did that and scored a goal, probably MOTM.

Finally, we sit back and let them have the ball, well its more like we play a counter attacking game using McGready and Morgan to break on the wing and Honeyman through the middle, it worked.

Already people are concerned about Monday, my advice, dont be. Enjoy the weekend knowing the future games are tough but we are in a good place, Sunday evening is the time to look at Monday, the sun is shinning, enjoy it.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Its a gorgeous day Empty Re: Its a gorgeous day

Post  Guest on 2019-04-20, 9:20 am

My opinion for what its worth yesterday was a massive improvement on what we have seen for some time now. Centre backs dealing with danger the simple way, no more of the passy passy play along the back line.A centre midfielder who dictates, and organizes. And a striker bullying the oppo defence, and supported by pace.
Really enjoyed yesterday.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-04-20, 9:22 am

vinkel wrote:My opinion for what its worth yesterday was a massive improvement on what we have seen for some time now. Centre backs dealing with danger the simple way, no more of the passy passy play along the back line.A centre midfielder who dictates, and organizes. And a striker bullying the oppo defence, and supported by pace.
Really enjoyed yesterday.
Your opinion is worth a lot, especially when we agree  rof rof rof rof

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-04-20, 9:25 am

this stage of the season is all about results, how we play and how we get the wins is immaterial.
The team did as asked and won!!! some fans are born moaners, probably be moaning today that its to hot.
Bring on Monday.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-04-20, 10:51 am

well i really enjoyed yesterday's performance. One of my favourite if the season. I thought there were some very good individual performances an the team came together. Wyke was excellent. Got most of the 50/50s and got them to someone else , scored and set one up. Dunne I thought was great - very assured. I was nervous about Ozturk I'll admit and wanted him to look for someone rather than just punt it but the defence basically did their job unless I missed Doncater scoring. Good work Mr Ross and the lads.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-04-20, 10:54 am

Kipper wrote:well i really enjoyed yesterday's performance. One of my favourite if the season. I thought there were some very good individual performances an  the team came together. Wyke was excellent. Got most of the 50/50s and got them to someone else , scored and set one  up. Dunne I thought was great - very assured. I was nervous about Ozturk I'll admit and wanted him to look for someone rather than just punt it but the defence basically did their job unless I missed Doncater scoring. Good work Mr Ross and the lads.
dito

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-04-20, 12:22 pm

Best 90 minute performance of the season.

Totally controlled the game. Got the early goal. Played and contained Donny with ease. The CB's did what they had to do. Wyke just gets better and JR showed some bottle making the changes to personnel and formation. It was so easy we could afford to save Maguire.

More confident than normal if we can maintain that level of performance.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum