SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Rafa gone
Stewart Donald 'distraught' EmptyYesterday at 8:01 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» thoughts
Stewart Donald 'distraught' EmptyYesterday at 9:15 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» VAR again!
Stewart Donald 'distraught' EmptyYesterday at 8:47 am by Hieronymus

» Camaroon v England
Stewart Donald 'distraught' EmptyYesterday at 7:43 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Favourites
Stewart Donald 'distraught' Empty2019-06-21, 9:38 pm by Hieronymus

» Value for money
Stewart Donald 'distraught' Empty2019-06-21, 6:47 pm by gil t azell

» Fixtures
Stewart Donald 'distraught' Empty2019-06-21, 9:51 am by Kipper

» James
Stewart Donald 'distraught' Empty2019-06-20, 10:08 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Takeover update
Stewart Donald 'distraught' Empty2019-06-20, 9:48 am by cyprussyd

» Retained List
Stewart Donald 'distraught' Empty2019-06-16, 8:40 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Stewart Donald 'distraught'

Go down

Stewart Donald 'distraught' Empty Stewart Donald 'distraught'

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-04-14, 11:31 am

Sunderland AFC owner Stewart Donald 'distraught' as angry fans say bottles, coins and flares were thrown at them by rival Coventry City supporters at Stadium of Light

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Stadium of Light.

DAVID ALLISON

[email=david.allison@jpress.co.uk][size=20]Email[/email]

Published: 10:39Sunday 14 April 2019
Share this article[/size]

Sunderland fans say they had bottles, coins and even flares thrown at them by rival fans at this weekend's game against Coventry City.

The two sides faced each other yesterday at the Stadium of Light in a match which saw the away team win 5-4.

[ltr]
View image on Twitter
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/ltr]

Clem Fandango@jarvis1973

Replying to @profanityswan @T0mLock

[ltr]My pal anarl[/ltr]

6:54 PM - Apr 13, 2019

[ltr]

See Clem Fandango's other Tweets

Twitter Ads info and privacy[/ltr]

Following the match on social media Black Cats supporters have said they saw a number of items being thrown at them from the away supporters' section of the ground, which is the upper area of the North Stand.

One fan has posted a picture of someone with a cut to their head.

Independent fan group The Red and White Army has also said it aware of complains from fans about what happened.

ADVERTISING

SAFC chairman Stewart Donald said on Twitter he is "distraught" at what SAFC supporters appeared to be subjected to.

Sunderland AFC owner Stewart Donald.

In response to a query from a fan on Twitter about the situation he replied: "I heard it and saw.
"I have requested a full report sent to me ASAP.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Stewart Donald 'distraught' Empty Re: Stewart Donald 'distraught'

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-04-14, 12:26 pm

The away fans should never have been put up there...tbh I'm surprised it's took so long before something like this happened....more upsetting was that I've heard that fans complained to the stewards but nothing was done..ie informing the stewards up with the away fans about it
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-04-14, 12:48 pm

oldblackcat wrote:The away fans should never have been put up there...tbh I'm surprised it's took so long before something like this happened....more upsetting was that I've heard that fans complained to the stewards but nothing was done..ie informing the stewards up with the away fans about it

I think that was Coventry stewards and constabulary. 

I agree OBC about where the away fans are. I moved from the north stand as soon as they were put up there fearing this would happen. If they are leaving them there they need to put baffles into the roof space to nullify the sound. As well as being bellends them fans made a lot of noise yesterday.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-04-14, 6:39 pm

Police arrest eight people as they investigate 'disorder' at Sunderland v Coventry City match at Stadium of Light

DAVID ALLISON

Published: 15:32Sunday 14 April 2019
Share this article

Police have made eight arrests as they investigate "disorder" during and after Sunderland's game against Coventry City yesterday.

Officers have confirmed they are investigating trouble which flared at the Stadium of Light.

[ltr]
View image on Twitter
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/ltr]

Northumbria Police

✔️@northumbriapol

[ltr]We are investigating after pockets of disorder during and after the @SunderlandAFC @Coventry_City match yesterday afternoon. Match commander says action will be taken on those responsible. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3:35 PM - Apr 14, 2019

[ltr]

20 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy[/ltr]

Reports were made of objects being thrown from the away end into the stands below.

A number of Sunderland fans have said they saw items including bottles, coins and even flares being thrown into the lower area of the North Stand of the stadium from the upper section of the stand which housed away supporters.
A spokesperson for Sunderland AFC said that several fans were injured after being hit by items or had property damaged at the game
Video footage has also emerged on social media which it is claimed shows Sunderland and Coventry City fans fighting in a pub.
Police made eight arrests in total yesterday resulting in one man being charged with breaching a football banning order, two men being charged with public order offences and three men being released under common law.
Two men faced no further action.

Five further people were ejected for breach of ground regulations.
Northumbria Police has confirmed it is working with Sunderland AFC and Coventry City FC as they investigate the matter.
SAFC owner Stewart Donald has said he is "distraught" by reports of trouble and will be investigating what happened.
Match commander, Chief Inspector Jamie Pitt, said: "While the majority of fans who attended the match behaved incredibly well, the actions of a small minority have spoilt the day for many and this is totally unacceptable.

"Notwithstanding there was a notable steward and police presence at the ground for the match we are aware of the issue of objects being thrown from the away end.

"There is absolutely no place in football for this sort of behaviour and we are working closely with both clubs to help locate those responsible and we will take action on anyone found to be involved."
A spokesperson from Sunderland AFC said: "Sunderland AFC is disappointed by the disrespectful behaviour of many away fans at the home match against Coventry City yesterday.
"SAFC and Northumbria Police had been in contact with both Coventry and its fans group ahead of the game, acknowledging that there would likely be some sort of protest, and trying to ensure that the match could go ahead in a safe and respectful environment for both sets of fans.

"That turned out not to be the case, with Sunderland fans in the lower tier of the North Stand being subjected to projectiles thrown from the upper tier, where away fans were housed.
"Several Sunderland fans were either injured by the projectiles or had property damaged by smoke bombs thrown from above.
"There were numerous other offences committed, all of which were especially disappointing given Sunderland AFC 's willingness to speak to Coventry fans ahead of the game.
"In response, Sunderland fans demonstrated admirable restraint in the circumstances, for which the club is grateful."
Anyone with any information about the incident is asked to contact police on 101 quoting reference 382 13/04/19.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2019-04-15, 10:52 am

This is simply a smokescreen to give the impression that the police dealt with this relentless attack, when they just allowed it to happen, and to detract from them not doing their job [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Eight arrest suggests that they would have been cheating bastard supporters for hoying stuff at us, but the cops did absolutely f*ck all about that, preferring to condone and ignore it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Fixing the problem by looking to find the arseholes via cctv after the event doesn't protect us that were being attacked at the time, and I would be surprised if the 5 ejected were from Coventry.

The cops were more interested in threatening to arrest us for complaining about being constantly attacked than doing their job by dealing with the arsehole perpetrators [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Many children were injured and/or scared and parents had to remove/protect them because of the lack of protection from the people that were there to do just that Crying or Very sad
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-04-15, 11:10 am

I cant say a lot about what happened in the stadium because I sit at the opposite end, I did however smell the flares.

I know there was trouble after the game because they held the buses back until it was dealt with.

That said I just dont accept that anyone could throw anything from the top tier with stewards up there and not be seen, seems basic to me. See someone throw anything and eject them from seat and arrest them.

We know well before Saturday how many away fans would be coming so its again basic to know the number of stewards and police needed, also basic is that no fans sit in first rows.

It seems the stewards and police simply lost control or never had control. it cant happen again.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum