SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Political debates
How are we all this fine day? EmptyToday at 10:24 pm by oxfordshire

» Championship bubble waiting to burst?
How are we all this fine day? EmptyToday at 10:11 pm by Steve30000

» Predictions week 18
How are we all this fine day? EmptyToday at 9:30 pm by barrowmackem

» McGeady
How are we all this fine day? EmptyToday at 9:20 pm by Nostalgic

» Sunderland v Blackpool
How are we all this fine day? EmptyToday at 7:25 pm by gil t azell

» Happy 82nd
How are we all this fine day? EmptyToday at 6:32 pm by Hieronymus

» Sunderland to overhaul academy recruitment team
How are we all this fine day? EmptyToday at 12:27 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» An explanation please ( im looking forward to the answers )
How are we all this fine day? EmptyToday at 12:12 am by Hieronymus

» Mcgeouch on his way?
How are we all this fine day? EmptyYesterday at 9:09 pm by Steve30000

» Bye bye time to go
How are we all this fine day? EmptyYesterday at 9:01 pm by Steve30000

How are we all this fine day?

Go down

How are we all this fine day? Empty How are we all this fine day?

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-04-14, 9:28 am

I think the only thing I did not enjoy yesterday, well two things, were the result and the Coventry fans taking us back to the bad old days.

The game itself was anything but boring with end to end football and 9 goals, yes we lost, first time at home this season and yes to many players had off days, interesting that Baldwin and Flanagan are getting all the stick but the worst player on the pitch yesterday was O'Nien but nothing about him.

In the cold light of day we lost but its still in our hands, not easy but in our hands all the same.

But the real sad story about yesterday is the Coventry fans, fighting on North Road Durham before the game, fighting after the game, the buses were held back with stewards and police all called to the away end and stories of bottles, coins and more questionable things being thrown down on Sunderland fans in the North stand, children taken out in tears and an elderly woman needing stitches, the bad old days indeed.

Twitter is full of Ross out so a place for me to avoid, its on to Friday and Doncater for me and back to winning ways.

Have a great Sunday and enjoy the sunshine.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

How are we all this fine day? Empty Re: How are we all this fine day?

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2019-04-14, 11:10 am

Well yesterday was clearly playing on my mind as I dreamed we lost our next 3 games 2-3.3-4 and 4-5 again Shocked Shocked 
This morning, well been cheered up by a video on FB of us beating the mags 3-0 6 years ago with Di Canio's famous knee slide
Good news - automatic promotion still in our hands, bad news  - our defending
Think O'Nien got off lightly yesterday because for him it was an off day whereas our centre halves have been generally poor all season
Personally didn't see any bother with the Coventry fans, but was straight out at full time and straight home
Ironically enough, there was a Coventry fan on R5 606 last night complaining about the behaviour of our fans after the game
Jerry the Jinx
Jerry the Jinx
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-04-14, 12:35 pm

Things could be a lot worse even though defeat was the last thing that we needed yesterday, but things are still in our hands...everything will look a little clearer after this game in hand is played

The worst thing was hearing that women and children were injured off various missiles being thrown by the Coventry fans....time to put the CCTV to the test and try and identify some of the culprits
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-04-14, 12:56 pm

Ready to go again Friday.

Once again as I stated yesterday a few things concern me.

Until yesterday even though we had the third best defensive record I stated that was the inability of the opposition to put chances away rather than good defending. We were pathetic in defence (gifting at least 3 goals) yesterday and unfortunately they took their chances and looked scary every time they attacked.

My main concern for Friday is unless JR sorts this problem out I can see Maquis getting at least 1 hat trick against us.

Please let Catts, McGeady and Maguire be fit. Would it be worthwhile putting Sterling or Benji in with Wyke and benching Grigg? I accept the lad scored again yesterday but Sterling or Benji imo would be be faster at getting at knockdowns from Wyke. Still we are all managers with our own opinions.

I do not particularly want to knock any player who pulls on that shirt but maybe due to a bad injury list ( even for a big decent squad we have) and too many games in quick succession has caught up with us.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-04-14, 1:08 pm

oldblackcat wrote:Things could be a lot worse even though defeat was the last thing that we needed yesterday, but things are still in our hands...everything will look a little clearer after this game in hand is played

The worst thing was hearing that women and children were injured off various missiles being thrown by the Coventry fans....time to put the CCTV to the test and try and identify some of the culprits
Yeh it’s in place we shall see if there is any Id 
Bet if it was for a penalty award they would know how long his finger nails are
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-04-14, 7:44 pm

its the Sunderland way. We have been here before and we will be here again. Never dull @ Sunderland. Smile

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum