SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Rafa gone
Probably our most important week to date EmptyYesterday at 8:01 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» thoughts
Probably our most important week to date EmptyYesterday at 9:15 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» VAR again!
Probably our most important week to date EmptyYesterday at 8:47 am by Hieronymus

» Camaroon v England
Probably our most important week to date EmptyYesterday at 7:43 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Favourites
Probably our most important week to date Empty2019-06-21, 9:38 pm by Hieronymus

» Value for money
Probably our most important week to date Empty2019-06-21, 6:47 pm by gil t azell

» Fixtures
Probably our most important week to date Empty2019-06-21, 9:51 am by Kipper

» James
Probably our most important week to date Empty2019-06-20, 10:08 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Takeover update
Probably our most important week to date Empty2019-06-20, 9:48 am by cyprussyd

» Retained List
Probably our most important week to date Empty2019-06-16, 8:40 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Probably our most important week to date

Go down

Probably our most important week to date Empty Probably our most important week to date

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-04-13, 8:14 pm

After dropping 5 points in our last two games we are fortunate to have promotion still in our own hands.

I find it easy to find fault, point a finger and look for the negatives but fortunately in Ross we have a manager who shares my philosophy of positive attitude, that said we need more this week than positive attitudes.

Ross laid it bare in his reaction to the loss, no names mentioned but we all know who was at fault today and IMO it was more than just Flanagan and Baldwin.

Ross needs work on Cattermole, McGeady and Maguire to get them fit, all three will be needed.

What he does with our defence I honestly have no idea but I feel at least one of Flanagan and Baldwin need a rest.

Over to you Jack, lets stop the rot on Friday.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Probably our most important week to date Empty Re: Probably our most important week to date

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-04-13, 8:45 pm

I'm with you Syd in not targeting individuals on the pitch but was it disorganised CB's given we conceded five as even poor DCM's in front shouldn't have be able to cause that much carnage in ninety.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Probably our most important week to date Empty Re: Probably our most important week to date

Post  vinkel on 2019-04-13, 8:54 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:I'm with you Syd in not targeting individuals on the pitch but was it disorganised CB's given we conceded five as even poor DCM's in front shouldn't have be able to cause that much carnage in ninety.
I find it hard to believe how disjointed a display it was, big Charlie put in by far the best performance from a Sunderland player. He Morgan and oviedo were badly let down by the rest.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-04-13, 10:01 pm

Jack Ross admits his side played into Coventry City's hands after coming out the losing side of a nine-goal thriller at the Stadium of Light.

Ross had set his side up in an expansive manner, sticking with the 4-4-2 shape that they have used in recent weeks.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Jack Ross was left frustrated with his player's use of possession in a 5-4 defeat to Coventry City

They always looked a threat in attack but the away side caused havoc on the counter, spurning a number of good openings to increase their lead even further in the first half.

Forward Luke Thomas and Bright Enobakhare in particular were a constant thorn in the home side.

Ross was left particularly frustrated by the fact that three of Coventry's goal came from moves that start with Sunderland gifting the ball away.
"You can't use it [expansive style] as an excuse because in your preparation you then have to have a balance about how the opposition can hurt you," Ross said.
"The truth is, I think Coventry are a good team and what they have in forward areas is good, I thought they were clinical with their finishing.
"But we played our own part in creating the opportunities by the decision making because when you play in a certain way, you have to make the right decisions with the ball in particular.

"Defending is just about as much when you have the ball and then when you go 3-1 down it's difficult to then make the game tighter. You've got to take the chance. The problem was today we were continually chasing the game."
Ross stuck with his shape for the second half, throwing on Aiden McGeady and Kazaiah Sterling after Jordan Shipley had made it 4-3 shortly after the interval.
The Black Cats boss admitted that McGeady, who has missed the last two games three games through injury, was 'miles off being fit'.
"The first double substitution, Aiden is miles off being fit," Ross said.

"He hasn't trained at all, we probably gambled with more time on the pitch than we should have done but he wanted to give it a go. So him and Kaz coming on was to chase the game, Benji coming on is obviously the last role of the dice given that he's an 18-year-old who hasn't played a lot."

Ross said he would use the short break before the visit of Doncaster Rovers next week to assess who is best equipped for a crucial weekend.
"Having this longest gap we've had for a while allows me to reflect on and assess the ones that are best equipped with what mentally lies ahead," Ross said.
"It's another good team we face on Friday and there'll be the pressure again."

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum