SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» American Billionaire Group close to takeover
Why the nerves last night EmptyYesterday at 9:10 pm by Nostalgic

» Predictions week 04
Why the nerves last night EmptyYesterday at 2:50 pm by Lever Malone

» Loovens gone
Why the nerves last night EmptyYesterday at 11:36 am by barrowmackem

» SunderMad Connecticut branch
Why the nerves last night EmptyYesterday at 5:59 am by oxfordshire

» Chris Maguire on his difficult season at Bury
Why the nerves last night Empty2019-08-22, 6:40 pm by barrowmackem

» Cattermole
Why the nerves last night Empty2019-08-22, 6:37 pm by barrowmackem

» SUNDERLAND V AFC Wimbledon
Why the nerves last night Empty2019-08-22, 4:47 pm by Vincemac

» Leafue Table Mid week 3
Why the nerves last night Empty2019-08-21, 7:50 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Mid week 3
Why the nerves last night Empty2019-08-21, 7:49 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» RESULTS OF WEEK 2 AND FIXTURES FOR WEEK 3
Why the nerves last night Empty2019-08-21, 9:59 am by Mackemneil

Why the nerves last night

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why the nerves last night Empty Why the nerves last night

Post  Guest on 2019-04-10, 8:54 am

Flange and Baldy looked like they were shitting themselves.

Back to top Go down

Why the nerves last night Empty Re: Why the nerves last night

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-04-10, 9:12 am

Not from my seat, they looked like first division defenders having an off day. Probably because they are first division defenders.

Flanagan IMO was not that bad and Baldwin had a strange game, scored a goal and nearly cost us a few.

That said looking at the hours played over the past week and pressure on them I dont find it that of a surprise.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-04-10, 9:30 am

No more off days please.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-04-10, 9:44 am

Kipper wrote:No more off days please.
There will be, we have in the main a team of first division players, most in a situation they have never been in before and under tremendous pressure.

We are Not the best squad in the division with the best players, indeed we have only seen very small glimpses of quality.

We do however have probably the best team in the division when it comes to fight and we have out fought most teams.

A lot will depend on the missing players, Cattermole and McGeady in particular.

We need, IMO, Cattermoles drive and leadership and McGeady's quality.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-04-10, 7:51 pm

One was rubbish and the other who we got from Burton tried to help them consistently to three points. One of them will be dropped at the weekend for Dunne unless JR has roasted them at the end of the game. As I have said before our defence is utter crap so lets just attack.

Before anyone says we have only lost 2 games I think thats more to do with the inability of our opponents to score than our defence doing well.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-04-10, 7:59 pm

gil t azell wrote:One was rubbish and the other who we got from Burton tried to help them consistently to three points. One of them will be dropped at the weekend for Dunne unless JR has roasted them at the end of the game. As I have said before our defence is utter crap so lets just attack.

Before anyone says we have only lost 2 games I think thats more to do with the inability of our opponents to score than our defence doing well.
we have only lost 2 games

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-04-10, 8:28 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
gil t azell wrote:One was rubbish and the other who we got from Burton tried to help them consistently to three points. One of them will be dropped at the weekend for Dunne unless JR has roasted them at the end of the game. As I have said before our defence is utter crap so lets just attack.

Yep but I was expecting someone to praise the defence the fact we have only lost 2. Any team playing Sunderland just needs to put high balls in from set pieces and we cannot defend.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-04-10, 9:03 pm

gil t azell wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Yep but I was expecting someone to praise the defence the fact we have only lost 2. Any team playing Sunderland just needs to put high balls in from set pieces and we cannot defend.
Jack Baldwin cost 225000 euros
Tom Flanagan cost free transfer

They are doing their best and giving their all, that's all we can ask so I indeed praise them for that.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-04-10, 9:35 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
gil t azell wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

They are doing their best and giving their all, that's all we can ask so I indeed praise them for that.
I agree Syd, plus physical and mental exhaustion has to be a factor too. Four tricky and critically important games in 10 days is a lot to ask of any players.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-04-10, 9:41 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
gil t azell wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I agree Syd, plus physical and mental exhaustion has to be a factor too. Four tricky and critically important games in 10 days is a lot to ask of any players.
Kone was and is a far better center back, would anyone really swap Kone for either one right now?

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-04-10, 11:53 pm

Played 40

Goals conceded 36

We shouldn't complain surely...

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-04-11, 12:22 am

Silvers wrote:

Played 40

Goals conceded 36

like like like like

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-04-11, 2:31 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Silvers wrote:

Played 40

Goals conceded 36

like like like like
Imagine the position we'd now be in if we hadn't sold our leading goal scorer  Evil or Very Mad   

Spoiler:
Ps. Just winding you up Syd  I love you

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-04-11, 7:10 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Silvers wrote:

Played 40

Goals conceded 36

like like like like
Imagine the position we'd now be in if we hadn't sold our leading goal scorer  Evil or Very Mad   

Spoiler:
Maja would, IMO, made a very big difference and its just one more cock up by the previous regime. I have a feeling Hume will go the same way.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-04-11, 9:14 am

gil t azell wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Shhhh - don't tell everyone.

Ozturk anyone? But I don't think a new partnership will be tried at this stage.
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-04-11, 9:16 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Silvers wrote:

Played 40

Goals conceded 36

like like like like

Spoiler:

Why? Have our goals dried up since he left? I hadn't noticed.
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-04-11, 10:47 am

Kipper wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Silvers wrote:

Played 40

Goals conceded 36

like like like like

Spoiler:

Interesting stats. https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/sunderland/top-scorers

• Sunderland Top Scorers
    [list=top-player-stats]
  • Josh Maja

118  minutes per goal
    1771  minutes played
    15  Goals scored
      2   Assists

Shots on target 61%

Total 33

• Aiden McGeady

204  minutes per goal
    2445 minutes  played
    12 Goals scored
       5  Assists

Shots on target 57%

Total 54

• Lee Cattermole

357  per goal
    2141  played
    6 Goals scored
    2  Assists

Shots on target 40%

Total 15

• Lynden Gooch

454  per goal
    2724  played
    6Goals scored
    8 Assists

Shots on target

Total

44%

• George Honeyman

438  per goal
    2627  played
    6Goals scored
    3 Assists

Shots on target

Total

71%

• Chris Maguire

306  per goal
    1835  played
    6Goals scored
    4 Assists

Shots on target

Total

44%

• Luke O'Nien

372  per goal
    1862  played
    5Goals scored
    2 Assists

Shots on target

Total

83%

• Jack Baldwin

990  per goal
    2970  played
    3Goals scored
    0 Assists

Shots on target

Total

57%

• William Grigg

337  per goal
    1010  played
    3Goals scored
    3 Assists

Shots on target

Total

65%

• Max Power

999  per goal
    1998  played
    2Goals scored
    2 Assists

Shots on target

Total

44%

• Charlie Wyke

470  per goal
    940  played
    2Goals scored
    1 Assists

Shots on target

Total

26%

• Jimmy Dunne

900  per goal
    900  played
    1Goals scored
    0 Assists

Shots on target

Total

67%

• Tom Flanagan

2368  per goal
    2368  played
    1Goals scored
    1 Assists

Shots on target

Total

27%

• Adam Matthews

1769  per goal
    1769  played
    1Goals scored
    5 Assists

Shots on target

Total

67%

• Jerome Sinclair

645  per goal
    645  played
    1Goals scored
    0 Assists

Shots on target

Total

57%

• Kazaiah Sterling

86  per goal
    86  played
    1Goals scored
    0 Assists

Shots on target

Total

50%

• Duncan Watmore

349  per goal
    349  played
    1Goals scored
    0 Assists

Shots on target

Total

57%

The goals shown for each player include any goals they may have scored in the following competitions in the current season: Sky Bet 

any goals they may have scored in the following competitions in the current season: Sky Bet 
[/list]

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-04-11, 11:05 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Kipper wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Silvers wrote:

Played 40

Goals conceded 36

like like like like

Spoiler:

Interesting stats. https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/sunderland/top-scorers

• Sunderland Top Scorers
    [list=top-player-stats]
  • Josh Maja

118  minutes per goal
    1771  minutes played
    15  Goals scored
      2   Assists

Shots on target 61%

Total 33

• Aiden McGeady

204  minutes per goal
    2445 minutes  played
    12 Goals scored
       5  Assists

Shots on target 57%

Total 54

• Lee Cattermole

357  per goal
    2141  played
    6 Goals scored
    2  Assists

Shots on target 40%

Total 15

• Lynden Gooch

454  per goal
    2724  played
    6Goals scored
    8 Assists

Shots on target

Total

44%

• George Honeyman

438  per goal
    2627  played
    6Goals scored
    3 Assists

Shots on target

Total

71%

• Chris Maguire

306  per goal
    1835  played
    6Goals scored
    4 Assists

Shots on target

Total

44%

• Luke O'Nien

372  per goal
    1862  played
    5Goals scored
    2 Assists

Shots on target

Total

83%

• Jack Baldwin

990  per goal
    2970  played
    3Goals scored
    0 Assists

Shots on target

Total

57%

• William Grigg

337  per goal
    1010  played
    3Goals scored
    3 Assists

Shots on target

Total

65%

• Max Power

999  per goal
    1998  played
    2Goals scored
    2 Assists

Shots on target

Total

44%

• Charlie Wyke

470  per goal
    940  played
    2Goals scored
    1 Assists

Shots on target

Total

26%

• Jimmy Dunne

900  per goal
    900  played
    1Goals scored
    0 Assists

Shots on target

Total

67%

• Tom Flanagan

2368  per goal
    2368  played
    1Goals scored
    1 Assists

Shots on target

Total

27%

• Adam Matthews

1769  per goal
    1769  played
    1Goals scored
    5 Assists

Shots on target

Total

67%

• Jerome Sinclair

645  per goal
    645  played
    1Goals scored
    0 Assists

Shots on target

Total

57%

• Kazaiah Sterling

86  per goal
    86  played
    1Goals scored
    0 Assists

Shots on target

Total

50%

• Duncan Watmore

349  per goal
    349  played
    1Goals scored
    0 Assists

Shots on target

Total

57%

The goals shown for each player include any goals they may have scored in the following competitions in the current season: Sky Bet 

any goals they may have scored in the following competitions in the current season: Sky Bet 
[/list]
Have you got stats on goals scored with and without Maja in the team?
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-04-11, 11:57 am

Id prefer to give our team a pat on the back for only losing 2 games thus far, but that's just me.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-04-11, 12:38 pm

barrowmackem wrote:Id prefer to give our team a pat on the back for only losing 2 games thus far, but that's just me.

Fair enough. I'm just trying to say that we've still been a decent team that can score goals since Maja left-
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-04-11, 1:37 pm

Kipper wrote:
barrowmackem wrote:Id prefer to give our team a pat on the back for only losing 2 games thus far, but that's just me.

Fair enough. I'm just trying to say that we've still been a decent team that can score goals since Maja left-
You are both right Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-04-11, 2:27 pm

I have a sneaky feeling that no matter what has gone before the goals in remaining games that get us up will come from a Mr C Wyke.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-04-11, 2:42 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Silvers wrote:

Played 40

Goals conceded 36

like like like like

Spoiler:

.. and yet we have scored 70 goals ! .. yes! .. 70!     Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-04-11, 2:54 pm

Silvers wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Silvers wrote:

Played 40

Goals conceded 36

like like like like

Spoiler:

And those goals are well spread throughout the team

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2019-04-11, 8:27 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Silvers wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Silvers wrote:

Played 40

Goals conceded 36

like like like like

Spoiler:

And those goals are well spread throughout the team
And have scored in every league game bar 1
Jerry the Jinx
Jerry the Jinx
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content