SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» American Billionaire Group close to takeover
To compete in the Prem EmptyYesterday at 9:10 pm by Nostalgic

» Predictions week 04
To compete in the Prem EmptyYesterday at 2:50 pm by Lever Malone

» Loovens gone
To compete in the Prem EmptyYesterday at 11:36 am by barrowmackem

» SunderMad Connecticut branch
To compete in the Prem EmptyYesterday at 5:59 am by oxfordshire

» Chris Maguire on his difficult season at Bury
To compete in the Prem Empty2019-08-22, 6:40 pm by barrowmackem

» Cattermole
To compete in the Prem Empty2019-08-22, 6:37 pm by barrowmackem

» SUNDERLAND V AFC Wimbledon
To compete in the Prem Empty2019-08-22, 4:47 pm by Vincemac

» Leafue Table Mid week 3
To compete in the Prem Empty2019-08-21, 7:50 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Mid week 3
To compete in the Prem Empty2019-08-21, 7:49 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» RESULTS OF WEEK 2 AND FIXTURES FOR WEEK 3
To compete in the Prem Empty2019-08-21, 9:59 am by Mackemneil

To compete in the Prem

Go down

To compete in the Prem Empty To compete in the Prem

Post  Guest on 2019-04-05, 2:44 pm

What is needed to compete there without continual struggle, Wolves Watford Leicester Bournemouth all seem to be doing ok. And I don't see them as being any bigger a club than us. Have our present owners the means to do it. Can we will we get back again.

Back to top Go down

To compete in the Prem Empty Re: To compete in the Prem

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-04-05, 3:10 pm

dig the whole of Sunderland out and move it within 30 miles of London.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-04-05, 3:33 pm

A few chickens to count before we nee to worry but first thing is to accept we will be competing for mid table/top half, top 6 out of reach for us.

Do we have the cash, well that will depend on Juan and his mates but maybe new owners will be needed.

Personally a good season in the championship would do me right now.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-04-05, 3:56 pm

barrowmackem wrote:dig the whole of Sunderland out and move it within 30 miles of London.
Bit extreme - 50 miles away will do it! Very Happy

As for the OP - no our current owners do not have the money - but we have seen already the size and passion of the club's support is a huge draw for investors - it is what got Ellis Short involved and it is what will eventually bring others on board, providing we win promotion to the Championship and compete well next season.

Yes I would of course love success in the Premier League but not at the expense of everything we are as a club and as a community, which is what we suffered over the last 5 years or so. I do not want us to be seen ever again as a money making cash cow.

It is a tricky one but for me the ideal solution is to keep Mr Donald and Mr Methven as the 'face' of the club and in control, as they get the club, the fans and the area, and who are prepared to keep us living within our means, but also get rich backers on board who are happy to be hands off. Unfortunately people that rich can rarely resist interfering - and that is where the trouble starts!
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-04-05, 4:30 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
barrowmackem wrote:dig the whole of Sunderland out and move it within 30 miles of London.

As for the OP - no our current owners do not have the money - but we have seen already the size and passion of the club's support is a huge draw for investors - it is what got Ellis Short involved and it is what will eventually bring others on board, providing we win promotion to the Championship and compete well next season.

Yes I would of course love success in the Premier League but not at the expense of everything we are as a club and as a community, which is what we suffered over the last 5 years or so. I do not want us to be seen ever again as a money making cash cow.

It is a tricky one but for me the ideal solution is to keep Mr Donald and Mr Methven as the 'face' of the club and in control, as they get the club, the fans and the area, and who are prepared to keep us living within our means, but also get rich backers on board who are happy to be hands off. Unfortunately people that rich can rarely resist interfering - and that is where the trouble starts!
I think you may well be underestimating the wealth of Juan and his mates H

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

btw, the Russian was at the cup final with Juan

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-04-05, 4:59 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

I think you may well be underestimating the wealth of Juan and his mates H

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

btw, the Russian was at the cup final with Juan

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
No was not aware of this .... hmmm.... a Russian billionaire eh? Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2019-04-06, 10:48 am

Out of left field but maybe Ellis may be tempted to put in a few dollars under current knowledgeable owners.
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum