SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Div 1 Table
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Play offs
Wembley stadium EmptyToday at 7:45 pm by trouble_n_stripes

» From overseas
Wembley stadium EmptyToday at 5:15 pm by Silvers

» Peterborough V Sunderland
Wembley stadium EmptyToday at 5:12 pm by Hieronymus

» Todays games watch
Wembley stadium EmptyToday at 3:02 pm by barrowmackem

» Bottom Line........ 4 wins and we are up...
Wembley stadium EmptyToday at 1:03 pm by canary-dave

» Predictions Easter Monday
Wembley stadium EmptyToday at 9:34 am by Terrapinic

» The half time challenge, love it
Wembley stadium EmptyYesterday at 9:45 pm by Hieronymus

» It's Easter
Wembley stadium EmptyYesterday at 3:23 pm by Hieronymus

» Missing fans
Wembley stadium EmptyYesterday at 8:58 am by gil t azell

» The story wont go away
Wembley stadium EmptyYesterday at 4:02 am by cretanmakem

Wembley stadium

Go down

Wembley stadium Empty Wembley stadium

Post  vinkel on 2019-04-02, 12:13 pm

Sunday was only my 2nd visit to the new Wembley, 1st time v City 2014, we approached the stadium from the opposite end. Sunday walking down from Wembley park I was dismayed at the high rise blocks under construction surrounding this end of the stadium.
Years ago (old Wembley ) was an icon of world football. The new stadium is being eaten up  by high rise. whoever gave planning permission is spoiling our national stadium.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Wembley stadium Empty Re: Wembley stadium

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-04-02, 12:49 pm

When I was there I found inside the stadium to be fantastic but outside, to say disappointing would be an understatement.

I'm sure lots of work has taken place since then but it was an industrial estate with a stadium in the middle, sorry to hear its not getting any better.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-04-02, 6:06 pm

vinkel wrote:Sunday was only my 2nd visit to the new Wembley, 1st time v City 2014, we approached the stadium from the opposite end. Sunday walking down from Wembley park I was dismayed at the high rise blocks under construction surrounding this end of the stadium.
Years ago (old Wembley ) was an icon of world football. The new stadium is being eaten up  by high rise. whoever gave planning permission is spoiling our national stadium.

Lack of space and houses in Laaandaan will always means everything and everywhere will be built up. Totally agree with you vinks in that it totally spoiled that walk up.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-04-02, 7:04 pm

vinkel wrote:Sunday was only my 2nd visit to the new Wembley, 1st time v City 2014, we approached the stadium from the opposite end. Sunday walking down from Wembley park I was dismayed at the high rise blocks under construction surrounding this end of the stadium.
Totally agree with you Vinkel...an excellent stadium spoiled with lots of high rise blocks hiding the stadium
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-04-02, 9:23 pm

Wembley way is unrecognisable nowadays, it just dos’nt have that iconic feeling anymore which is sad.

On a side note I’m glad you all came back safe.  I’m saying that mostly because a Sunderland fan has been on a City forum today mentioning the difference between 2014 and Sunday.  He’s not very complimentary about the Portsmouth fans.

He said it felt edgy all day with Portsmouth fans spitting and throwing cans at Sunderland fans and having a go at small groups.  He wasn’t impressed with them singing Northern Monkey Wankers either, and neither am I.  Southern Jessie’s!!
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum