SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» New Home Strip
Christchurch shootings kill at least 49 EmptyToday at 10:01 pm by cyprussyd

» Charlton v Sunderland
Christchurch shootings kill at least 49 EmptyToday at 1:21 pm by Kipper

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
Christchurch shootings kill at least 49 EmptyToday at 9:50 am by Vincemac

» Silvers
Christchurch shootings kill at least 49 EmptyToday at 8:11 am by cyprussyd

» You are shit
Christchurch shootings kill at least 49 EmptyYesterday at 9:26 pm by Nostalgic

» Just love Keano
Christchurch shootings kill at least 49 EmptyYesterday at 11:10 am by Kipper

» Jack Rodwell MK 2
Christchurch shootings kill at least 49 EmptyYesterday at 10:09 am by canary-dave

» Man Citeh!!!!
Christchurch shootings kill at least 49 EmptyYesterday at 8:30 am by canary-dave

» Football Finances
Christchurch shootings kill at least 49 Empty2019-05-19, 10:26 am by Hieronymus

» Get your tissues before viewing
Christchurch shootings kill at least 49 Empty2019-05-18, 3:51 pm by Hieronymus

Christchurch shootings kill at least 49

Go down

Christchurch shootings kill at least 49 Empty Christchurch shootings kill at least 49

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-03-15, 8:54 am

Thoughts and prayers for the families and friends of those killed and injured, and for all New Zealanders who must be in total shock today.

Christchurch shootings: 49 dead in New Zealand mosque attacks

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Christchurch shootings kill at least 49 Empty Re: Christchurch shootings kill at least 49

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-03-15, 9:22 am

At the start of the year H I was depressed, concerned and had no more words but now only 3 months in I am left with utter despair, it does not affect me, I dont know anyone who has died and indeed this happened on the other side of the world.

You know better than anyone what violence can do to a family, sadly everyone concentrates on the attacker and the victim is soon forget by the masses, but cant and wont be forgot by the family and friends.

The world and in particular our little part of the world is broken and on self destruct, someone murdered by stabbing is no longer news, just a daily expectation.

I look round and see every bit of society in turmoil, just about holding on, thank God austerity is over and we are doing so well with record positivety, I know that's true because Mr Hammond told me this week.

And while the world falls apart I have been glued to the Parliament channel, each night thinking well at least it cant get any worse, then the next day it does.

Last night I watched the Tory's are great show, question time and again, like every week the answer to just about every question was how bad Labour are and how dangerous Corbyn is. I again heard how Labour have no BREXIT plan even though they have, a plan that even a fool like me understands.

I fear a general election will be called and Labour will lose after a media campaign that will do all they can to destroy Corbyn. We will then face a government led by Boris or Dominic. maybe even Sajid. Many will cheer, including people who say they hate the Tories.

Sorry H, I seem to have strayed a long way from the original post.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Christchurch shootings kill at least 49 Empty Re: Christchurch shootings kill at least 49

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-03-15, 5:50 pm

cyprussyd wrote:At the start of the year H I was depressed, concerned and had no more words but now only 3 months in I am left with utter despair, it does not affect me, I dont know anyone who has died and indeed this happened on the other side of the world.

You know better than anyone what violence can do to a family, sadly everyone concentrates on the attacker and the victim is soon forget by the masses, but cant and wont be forgot by the family and friends.

The world and in particular our little part of the world is broken and on self destruct, someone murdered by stabbing is no longer news, just a daily expectation.

I look round and see every bit of society in turmoil, just about holding on, thank God austerity is over and we are doing so well with record positivety, I know that's true because Mr Hammond told me this week.

And while the world falls apart I have been glued to the Parliament channel, each night thinking well at least it cant get any worse, then the next day it does.

Last night I watched the Tory's are great show, question time and again, like every week the answer to just about every question was how bad Labour are and how dangerous Corbyn is. I again heard how Labour have no BREXIT plan even though they have, a plan that even a fool like me understands.

I fear a general election will be called and Labour will lose after a media campaign that will do all they can to destroy Corbyn. We will then face a government led by Boris or Dominic. maybe even Sajid. Many will cheer, including people who say they hate the Tories.

Sorry H, I seem to have strayed a long way from the original post.
I know what you mean Syd, things are terrible every way you look it seems. But I know most people are kind and caring so how we got to this state of crisis here and all over the world is beyond me. You do start to think it is dark forces at work Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-03-16, 2:36 am

Sleepy, slow paced, steady away NZ is horrified by these events. There has been enough media attention and just about all of it is accurate about our way of life and our inclusivity of all who come to us. 

My gripe in it all is the role social media is playing in producing these world-wide terrorists.  We had our 6YO g/grandson visiting today and he blandly stated that it was Mr Trump's agents who did it because he also killed Arab children in Yemen.  It was a bit of a shock to hear it, but he said he had seen America on the news in Yemen. Given the news coverage and interweb accessibility, classroom discussions can easily be coloured by inaccuracies, but nonetheless the seeds have been sown.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-03-16, 8:00 am

Nostalgic wrote:Sleepy, slow paced, steady away NZ is horrified by these events. There has been enough media attention and just about all of it is accurate about our way of life and our inclusivity of all who come to us. 

My gripe in it all is the role social media is playing in producing these world-wide terrorists.  We had our 6YO g/grandson visiting today and he blandly stated that it was Mr Trump's agents who did it because he also killed Arab children in Yemen.  It was a bit of a shock to hear it, but he said he had seen America on the news in Yemen. Given the news coverage and interweb accessibility, classroom discussions can easily be coloured by inaccuracies, but nonetheless the seeds have been sown.
The fact he planned it then streamed it live on facebook is scary Noz

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum