SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Accrington Stanley v Sunderland
This site EmptyToday at 2:13 pm by Hieronymus

» Sid MCFC an apology!
This site EmptyToday at 10:53 am by canary-dave

» Sunderland v Rotherham United
This site EmptyToday at 8:04 am by gil t azell

» Have i got my days mixed up
This site EmptyToday at 3:40 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Sunderland sue doctor for £13MILLION
This site EmptyYesterday at 4:47 pm by fitz

» Geoffrey Boycott!
This site EmptyYesterday at 10:58 am by canary-dave

» Predictions week 07
This site EmptyYesterday at 7:49 am by oldblackcat

» Watmore
This site Empty2019-09-13, 9:12 pm by Nostalgic

» Yellowhammer
This site Empty2019-09-13, 12:23 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Rumours getting stronger
This site Empty2019-09-13, 10:44 am by gil t azell

This site

Go down

This site Empty This site

Post  Panther on 2019-03-12, 12:04 am

Hi, I do hope we can manage to keep this site alive but it needs livening up. The entire set up needs overhauling and re-designing. I design and post the "Headers" of the Hull City Forum Fans site on Facebook and if you click on the following link you will see what I mean:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Panther
Panther
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

This site Empty Re: This site

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2019-03-12, 6:04 am

I don't think that altering the design would make it more attractive to 'newbies' or that it needs 'livening up' . . . . it just needs 'us' to lìven up, and we have a bit, I think Wink
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Panther on 2019-03-12, 6:48 am

It's very limited Gordon. I find that to simply post a photo I have to upload it to another site (Like FlickR or Tiny Pic) and then take the URL and post it here for other members to click on. Would be much easier to just be able to post it. I for one will endeavour to participate more but it sounds like the decision has already been made to close down.
Panther
Panther
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2019-03-12, 7:09 am

No . . . . we've now paid the rent, and we're staying Wink
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Panther on 2019-03-12, 7:17 am

That's good news. I will try. I have been very ill these last few months and had two near-death experiences but am now fitted with a pacemaker and after some terrible, frightening, side effects I have manged to level out and currently carrying on a near-to-normal life. Have a great day my friend.
Panther
Panther
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-03-12, 8:19 am

Panther wrote:That's good news. I will try. I have been very ill these last few months and had two near-death experiences but am now fitted with a pacemaker and after some terrible, frightening, side effects I have manged to level out and currently carrying on a near-to-normal life. Have a great day my friend.
Panther, forget the site I am more interested in this post and your health and what seems to have been serious concerns.

I'm pleased you are feeling better  and thats the important bit.

Now the site, it was put together by me and as the original member's will testify if you think this is bad you should have seen the early days, a computer wizz kid I am not.

I no longer go through the stuff with pictures you do I just press copy image and paste and it works.

I have no problem with changing things and indeed more active uses was my aim and the lack of them one of my reasons for closing the forum. Then I read some excellent posts on why the present members use the forum and it came over that yes more active members would be great but they wanted quality over quantity.

I have run the forum my way but that is wrong, it needs to be run how members want it so its over to them for input, none of us like change and because its my baby I get a wee bit possessive but again that's wrong so lets look at change, anything that improves us is fine by me.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Panther on 2019-03-12, 8:56 am

I tried the copy and paste but whereas it works it will not post as it is too big. I reduced a photo to the smallest I could but it will not accept it.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Panther
Panther
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Panther on 2019-03-12, 9:02 am

HaHa - I am getting the hang of it. I am an 80 year old retired Asphalt Worker Gordon so am no mean shakes with the internet either but I will get there and I'm not embarrassed to ask for help. I will see if I can get some good 'conversation' starters and put them up. The picture I posted is an old one I made up for a Sunderland supporter I know. I make Clocks and just charge to cover costs so they are very reasonable - will send photo.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Panther
Panther
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-03-12, 9:06 am

Gordon Armstrong wrote:I don't think that altering the design would make it more attractive to 'newbies' or that it needs 'livening up' . . . . it just needs 'us' to lìven up, and we have a bit, I think Wink
We’ll one of your posts yesterday certainly made me laugh.

You know the one.  Razz
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Panther on 2019-03-12, 9:08 am

Was that on the Hull City site?
Panther
Panther
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-03-12, 10:25 am

Panther wrote:Hi, I do hope we can manage to keep this site alive but it needs livening up. The entire set up needs overhauling and re-designing. I design and post the "Headers" of the Hull City Forum Fans site on Facebook and if you click on the following link you will see what I mean:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nooooooooo
Give ower man 
Are you not happy the way it is leave it alone 
We fine on here the way it is
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-03-12, 10:27 am

Panther wrote:That's good news. I will try. I have been very ill these last few months and had two near-death experiences but am now fitted with a pacemaker and after some terrible, frightening, side effects I have manged to level out and currently carrying on a near-to-normal life. Have a great day my friend.
Pleased you are on the mend get well soon look after yourself
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Panther on 2019-03-12, 10:45 am

No worries Vince, I made the suggestion when I thought the site was closing but if it isn't then I use the old adage "If it ain't broke - don't fix it".
I really enjoy the prediction league which I was lucky to win last year but you have stole a march on me this year and I doubt I will pick up 37 points which I am behind at the moment.
My illness was due to the side effects of the Pacemaker operation. Some get it some don't and I got the bloody lot mate - depression, anxiety attackd and panic attacks. They could only give me pills which blanket the agony but can't cure it. Depression is a terrible thing and makes you want to commit suicide it is that bad. However, I remembered that old adage "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem" and tried alternative medicine, which the Medical Authorities cannot recommend. I had acupuncture, just one session (the old style as they cannot use electrodes with me having a pacemaker) and my stress levels came tumbling down. I then went to see a hypnotherapist and a 1 hour session with him left me clear - I have had no symptoms for 7 months.
If you know anyone suffering from depression get them to an acupuncturist because Doctors and pills will not help mate.
Thanks for your concern which is much appreciated and I look forward to getting some hot results.
Have a great day my friend.
Panther
Panther
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-03-12, 11:36 am

Panther wrote:No worries Vince, I made the suggestion when I thought the site was closing but if it isn't then I use the old adage "If it ain't broke - don't fix it".
I really enjoy the prediction league which I was lucky to win last year but you have stole a march on me this year and I doubt I will pick up 37 points which I am behind at the moment.
My illness was due to the side effects of the Pacemaker operation. Some get it some don't and I got the bloody lot mate - depression, anxiety attackd and panic attacks. They could only give me pills which blanket the agony but can't cure it. Depression is a terrible thing and makes you want to commit suicide it is that bad. However, I remembered that old adage "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem" and tried alternative medicine, which the Medical Authorities cannot recommend. I had acupuncture, just one session (the old style as they cannot use electrodes with me having a pacemaker) and my stress levels came tumbling down. I then went to see a hypnotherapist and a 1 hour session with him left me clear - I have had no symptoms for 7 months.
If you know anyone suffering from depression get them to an acupuncturist because Doctors and pills will not help mate.
Thanks for your concern which is much appreciated and I look forward to getting some hot results.
A realy great post 
I pleased things are looking up
Again look after yourself 
My best wishes
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-03-12, 2:00 pm

Panther wrote:No worries Vince, I made the suggestion when I thought the site was closing but if it isn't then I use the old adage "If it ain't broke - don't fix it".
Fascinating to read this - not the bit about you being so ill of course - but how you have managed your health issues and are now well on the mend. Great to hear how thinsg ahve worked out for you. Thanks for posting Smile
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-03-12, 5:17 pm

Must admit it is a pain to upload a file. Admittedly I am not brill at the IT stuff.

Somebody explain how please? I have managed before but more by fluke than design.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-03-12, 5:47 pm

gil t azell wrote:Must admit it is a pain to upload a file. Admittedly I am not brill at the IT stuff.

Somebody explain how please? I have managed before but more by fluke than design.
I always upload files by fluke 
I can’t manage it 
But some how I can
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-03-12, 5:55 pm

gil t azell wrote:Must admit it is a pain to upload a file. Admittedly I am not brill at the IT stuff.

The same way you religiously post your predictions every week without fail.

Sorry to disagree with most other than Syd but I have only ever the odd time not been able to just cut & paste pictures.

Ps. You should be close to getting your annual 100 points top-up  I love you

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2019-03-12, 6:28 pm

Hope your health stays on the mend Panther
Jerry the Jinx
Jerry the Jinx
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Panther on 2019-03-12, 11:58 pm

Thank you. If I get a hint there is a problem coming on I will be at my Acupuncturist and Hypnotherapist in a flash because 'conventional' medicine cannot help. Please take note all of you. I have many friends who have taken my advice and have never looked back. Hypno is good for eating problems, drinking problems, smoking problems etc as well as medical problems and IT WORKS. Thank you all for your good wishes and I lookl forward to further banter in the future. 100 degree's in beautiful down-town Traralgon, Victoria, Australia here by the way hope you all have a great day.
Panther
Panther
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum