SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Charlton v Sunderland
Checkatrade Trophy Final - Page 2 EmptyToday at 9:47 pm by Nostalgic

» Come back Theresa
Checkatrade Trophy Final - Page 2 EmptyToday at 8:08 pm by canary-dave

» Annette's new diet is working
Checkatrade Trophy Final - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 6:00 pm by canary-dave

» London-Breaking News
Checkatrade Trophy Final - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 4:51 pm by Sid MCFC

» Stewart Donald, never fails to amaze me.
Checkatrade Trophy Final - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 3:06 pm by Kipper

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
Checkatrade Trophy Final - Page 2 Empty2019-05-22, 10:55 pm by Hieronymus

» New Home Strip
Checkatrade Trophy Final - Page 2 Empty2019-05-22, 10:49 pm by Hieronymus

» New Scotland manager
Checkatrade Trophy Final - Page 2 Empty2019-05-22, 6:38 pm by cyprussyd

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
Checkatrade Trophy Final - Page 2 Empty2019-05-21, 9:50 am by Vincemac

» You are shit
Checkatrade Trophy Final - Page 2 Empty2019-05-20, 9:26 pm by Nostalgic

Checkatrade Trophy Final

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Checkatrade Trophy Final - Page 2 Empty Re: Checkatrade Trophy Final

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-03-07, 4:22 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
Silvers wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:More than happy with that, including booking fee and postage, most my ticket will cost is £30.00 and will have it sorted in the morning.

Enjoy your day Syd and I hope it will be successful  like
Its a little sad these days Dave to say I will spend the day with 40,000 mackems but very much on my own. I will travel on my own, spend the day on my own then return on my own.

Live has made me very reclusive and very happy b with being on my own. I love my trips to games on the bus and the banter but there is no way for many reasons why I cant do a trip that long on a bus. Annette wanted me to book the Hilton and go Saturday to Monday but I don't want to leave her for that long, if I am not here there is no one else.

But I will enjoy my day, enjoy my ride down with smooth radio playing, enjoy my very expensive burger, love the game whatever the result but I am confident we will win.

And I will enjoy getting back home to share my day with Annette who is watching on Sky.

Hope you are doing OK with the chemo

Hi Syd,

I too hope that you have a great day.

BUT ......  that is a 500 mile round trip to be driving with an emotion filled 90 minutes in the mix too.
Neither you nor I are 45 anymore!

Perhaps consider letting a train take the strain?
You are only about 5 miles away from Durham Station...
Durham to Kings Cross is less than 3 hours these days.
Treat yourself to a first class return which gives extra room, comfort, and hospitality.

Yes, treat yourself !
Laughing
I agree with Mr Silvers it is a long way to drive there and back. But it is stressful getting to and from KX and Wembley for a specific train too. Maybe find someone else going and share the driving at least?
During my working life driving all over the UK was a big part of life and driving to London and back in a day is no problem, indeed I find it a wonderful and relaxing experience. The bad bit for me is down the A1 to Leeds but then its a nice ride down the M1, right at the North circular and off at Wembley. I like to be on my own, could take a few people who would be happy to share the cost but by far prefer my own space, go when I like, stop when I like, return when I like.

I have become a very solitary person who likes his own company. Looking forward to it all.

BTW I have done train and plain to London on a regular basis and I am fine on the underground, just not my preferred mode these days.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2019-03-07, 4:46 pm

… keep safe then....

Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2019-03-07, 4:47 pm

… keep safe then....

Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-03-07, 4:59 pm

Silvers wrote:… keep safe then....

Will do and I may have sounded a wee bit rude and unappreciative but I really do appreciate everyone's advice and concerns. Its nice to feel that someone cares.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-03-07, 5:37 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Silvers wrote:… keep safe then....

Will do and I may have sounded a wee bit rude and unappreciative but I really do appreciate everyone's advice and concerns. Its nice to feel that someone cares.
kiss
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-03-07, 6:02 pm

My selfish view on this is why should somebody who has purchased anything but a full season tkt get the same opportunity as me to purchase a Cat A ( not saying that is the tkt I am getting) ticket and when I get to the front these tkts have gone?

What about season tkt holders who also go to all away games? Should they not get 1st opportunity.

I appreciate that they have had to simplify things and get things sold but I would imagine there are going to be some miffed fans.

Having said that I will be there enjoying it regardless of the result.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-03-07, 6:56 pm

://www.coachinnovations.co.uk/sunderland-travel-to-wembley?fbclid=IwAR1FxLgNYF-cfjeoU8pxqoVNXFqEa5zsV5JLcpBjv1dFYF5dq9RM5VnNgXQ

£55.00 Per Person

Return Club Class coach travel with extra leg space

Every seat with its own personal TV screen

On demand entertainment Centre

Choice of 250 films

Personal headphones

USB charging sockets at every seat

Hostess service at reasonable prices

(Hot bacon butties/pie & peas, cheese toasties etc)

Family & friends always sit together!

Official Wembley Parking

Free WiFi

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-03-07, 6:58 pm

Extra train services are planned to help the red and white army reach Wembley for Sunderland's Checkatrade Trophy football final with Portsmouth. Grand Central, which runs daily services between the city and London's King's Cross railway station, has confirmed that it will run an additional service to the capital the day before the Sunday, March 31, clash. An extra train will also head north to Sunderland on Monday, April 1, to cater for the legions of Black Cats fans expected to stay over on final night. A Grand Central spokesman said on Thursday evening: “Congratulations to Sunderland AFC for reaching the Checkatrade Trophy final against Portsmouth at Wembley on Sunday, March 31, and we’re delighted to help Sunderland fans get to and from the capital for this important game. Around the world in pancakes Pancakes are one of the most universal foods, with countries across six continents justifiably proud of their own unique versions. Promoted by booking.com Also read: Travel tips on getting to and from the Checkatrade Trophy final “We can confirm that we will be putting on an additional service from Sunderland to London Kings Cross on the morning of Saturday 30th March and another from London King’s Cross to Sunderland around midday on the Monday 1st April. “Exact timings and ticket prices will be confirmed nearer the time and passengers wishing to travel on these services are advised to follow updates on our website and social media channels, Twitter: @GC_Rail and Facebook: /grandcentralrail." The firm, which is also running trains on final day itself, is urging passengers to book train tickets up in advance. The spokesman added: “All Grand Central services across the weekend will be exceptionally busy and therefore we strongly advise passengers not to travel without a seat reservation.” 

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-03-07, 7:24 pm

gil t azell wrote:My selfish view on this is why should somebody who has purchased anything but a full season tkt get the same opportunity as me to purchase a Cat A ( not saying that is the tkt I am getting) ticket and when I get to the front these tkts have gone?

What about season tkt holders who also go to all away games? Should they not get 1st opportunity.

I appreciate that they have had to simplify things and get things sold but I would imagine there are going to be some miffed fans.

There are 40k tickets so I don't think getting hold of one will be an issue for anyone who wants to go.

This always comes up when clubs get to Wembley and all I can say it's a nightmare and impossible for any club to organise to everyone's satisfaction.

More than that though in our case - given where we were a year ago - isn't it a nice problem to have? tongue
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-03-07, 8:02 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
gil t azell wrote:My selfish view on this is why should somebody who has purchased anything but a full season tkt get the same opportunity as me to purchase a Cat A ( not saying that is the tkt I am getting) ticket and when I get to the front these tkts have gone?

There are 40k tickets so I don't think getting hold of one will be an issue for anyone who wants to go.

This always comes up when clubs get to Wembley and all I can say it's a nightmare and impossible for any club to organise to everyone's satisfaction.

More than that though in our case - given where we were a year ago - isn't it a nice problem to have? tongue

Certainly a heeluva lot  better than I even hoped for.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-03-07, 10:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-03-08, 3:16 am

I'll drive ya Syd....whats the speed limit again in the carpool lane [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-03-08, 1:04 pm

I see you have been allocated the East side so I’m not sure whether you will be allocated Boxpark which is half way up the old Wembley Way, I hope you are as it was one of the highlights of our trip in February.

I’ve mentioned it before but basically it is a large new warehouse type building set out a bit like a bier keller. There are loads of staff so easy to get served and 20 odd quality street food stalls on the ground floor, also plenty of unusual games on the top floor if anybody is taking a youngster.

The area around Wembley has been redeveloped tremendously since your last visit with lots of new bars and eateries as well as some of the old pubs like the Greenman etc but Boxpark beats them hands down.

Have a lovely and successful trip.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-03-11, 1:16 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Well I will be going by car and doing there and back same day, car park booked at stadium, bus to far with my legs.

Please post ant info that may help others on here..

• Places to meet up, food, drink, chat
  • Ticket updates
  • Hotel and travel tips

I'm thinking of driving. North Yorks Supporters branch not putting on any transport. Where did you get car park sorted?
go on Wembley stadium car park site, events and you will see final. We are in the yellow car park, £30.00 for day

I'll try to make a decision by tomorrow. Now thinking of driving to Stanmore tube station and parking there for the day. It's just off the M1 and 10 mins to Wembley Park. Just wondering if it will be a bit of a nightmare trying to get out of Wembley after the match in a car.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-03-11, 2:01 pm

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Well I will be going by car and doing there and back same day, car park booked at stadium, bus to far with my legs.

• Ticket updates
  • Hotel and travel tips

I'm thinking of driving. North Yorks Supporters branch not putting on any transport. Where did you get car park sorted?
go on Wembley stadium car park site, events and you will see final. We are in the yellow car park, £30.00 for day

I'll try to make a decision by tomorrow. Now thinking of driving to Stanmore tube station and parking there for the day. It's just off the M1 and 10 mins to Wembley Park. Just wondering if it will be a bit of a nightmare trying to get out of Wembley after the match in a car.
It probably will but the good news is that the Pompy fans, unlike the Man City will be going the opposite way

I am in the yellow car park for Sunderland fans and we come out on a one way and only real bottle neck will be on the T junction onto the B4557 leading to the north circular. Good news is I am in no rush

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-03-11, 2:44 pm

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:

• Ticket updates
  • Hotel and travel tips

Hello Kipper,  I’m not sure whether you intend to park up and walk or get the tube to Wembley Park tube station.  If you are getting the tube the Police advise using Wembley Park for the West side and Wembley Central for the East side.  I wouldn’t think there would be any trouble at the match but Wembley Central is easier for the East side anyway.

I don’t know what the queues were like at Wembley Central after the match in February but I saw the queue for Wembley Park and it was horrendous.  A mate of mine was in it and it took him 50 mins to get on the tube.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-03-11, 3:17 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:
Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:

• Ticket updates
  • Hotel and travel tips

Hello Kipper,  I’m not sure whether you intend to park up and walk or get the tube to Wembley Park tube station.  If you are getting the tube the Police advise using Wembley Park for the West side and Wembley Central for the East side.  I wouldn’t think there would be any trouble at the match but Wembley Central is easier for the East side anyway.

I don’t know what the queues were like at Wembley Central after the match in February but I saw the queue for Wembley Park and it was horrendous.  A mate of mine was in it and it took him 50 mins to get on the tube.

Thanks for the pointers. Appreciated.
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-03-11, 4:02 pm

The latest from @JHunterChron on Honeyman's red card. "Right. =68.ARA19GJ2LYXOIjMfHU6gb2-7oOVe3UTFIJ6sRZZ2fV6UE2V29g9tGq7yRsgeX6_yADzstmYeOTCFbLzThXRQkUPsesAvHP7hplo7IMbuwLZTt4OtgR1MhZ5u7sU4IhA77Q-L1AXShGk93NADcAnsuNjtvw95vjEEGs4xuIpYfwA64TtiC6eSopytxUroD6xCnuWd8h-c4sbMQQzwh-EXoWSyxY9INd3IA3GJrP_oceGHnh4yRpGrPLUrI6SwyIFDH_rpyx2HXA5DjciWT7Eb3cMjKs69x6Lf6xNmw6vt48Lp8TWLAxR5A9cwGUWs0akZzMiss5O8WgaziwT5eHS4A13_TOcv51DHSIA-5CVzKC7RMmBAMLE&__tn__=%2ANK-R][ltr]#safc[/ltr]HAVE formally appealed against Honeyman’s three-game suspension. They’ve also asked for clarification on whether it would include the Checkatrade Trophy final"

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-03-11, 6:46 pm

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Checkatrade Trophy Final - Page 2 Empty SOLD OUT

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-03-13, 2:03 pm

Sunderland AFC will be backed by a sea of red and white in the Checkatrade Trophy Final at Wembley Stadium on Sunday 31 March.
Tickets for the highly-anticipated fixture against fellow Sky Bet League One promotion-chasers Portsmouth are now SOLD OUT.
An extremely limited number of tickets went on sale on Wednesday morning after the club secured an extra allocation from the EFL, and these were quickly snapped up by the club’s supporters.
As a result, Jack Ross and his players will be backed by almost 40,000 fans when they travel to the capital.
Tickets went on sale on Friday to the club’s 24,000 season card holders before entering phase two earlier this week, as supporters with a recent home league ticket purchase history were given the opportunity to secure their seat.
After the club’s allocation sold out during phase three, the club’s managing director, Tony Davison, said: “Our upcoming trip to Wembley promises to be a special occasion for everybody at the club.
“The fact tickets have sold out within just a few days tells you all you need to know about our supporters and their loyalty, but it comes as no surprise as they have travelled far and wide throughout the season.
“As a club, we appreciate that any time a fixture sells out, some supporters will be left disappointed, but we will be working hard to ensure that wherever you are in the world, you feel a part of a big day for our football club.”

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2019-03-13, 2:52 pm

How are pompey doing ? They wanna give us another 10k ?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-03-13, 2:54 pm

cretanmakem wrote:How are pompey doing ? They wanna give us another 10k ?
Our fans could only buy 1 per customer number, I think they can get 9, mind that may be 6 and they are not selling out.

We have asked for more tickets

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-03-13, 2:56 pm

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2019-03-13, 2:56 pm

Hmmmm they were allocated 39600 , sold as of this morning 29,000 , give them another day and then take the remaining for SMB's me thinks .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-03-13, 3:22 pm

Wee Phillie

@WeePhillie

·
3m

Now everyone has their Wembley tickets sorted the tickets for the pre-match show have started flying out. There are only a limited number of tickets and this event WILL sell out. Any tickets bought before 4.30pm will be[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] sent out the same day! ***PLEASE RT***

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: