SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» would be funny
Pleased that Ross took  no notice of us EmptyToday at 1:04 pm by canary-dave

» Sunderland v Coventry City
Pleased that Ross took  no notice of us EmptyToday at 12:29 pm by canary-dave

» Tottenham have sacked manager Mauricio Pochettino
Pleased that Ross took  no notice of us EmptyToday at 9:24 am by Sid MCFC

» Political debates
Pleased that Ross took  no notice of us EmptyToday at 8:54 am by wanderer

» Cup replay
Pleased that Ross took  no notice of us EmptyToday at 8:07 am by cyprussyd

» Appoint a decent manager
Pleased that Ross took  no notice of us EmptyToday at 6:06 am by Steve30000

» always makes me cry
Pleased that Ross took  no notice of us EmptyYesterday at 8:35 pm by cyprussyd

» What do i do?
Pleased that Ross took  no notice of us EmptyYesterday at 7:05 pm by Hieronymus

» Slow hands
Pleased that Ross took  no notice of us EmptyYesterday at 6:43 pm by wanderer

» Sunderland AFC's average attendance
Pleased that Ross took  no notice of us EmptyYesterday at 4:21 pm by Sid MCFC

Pleased that Ross took no notice of us

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pleased that Ross took  no notice of us Empty Pleased that Ross took no notice of us

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-03-03, 6:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Pleased that Ross took  no notice of us Empty Re: Pleased that Ross took no notice of us

Post  canary-dave on 2019-03-03, 6:32 pm

cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm sure he bore your references in mind whilst making his own assessment  like

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Pleased that Ross took  no notice of us Empty Re: Pleased that Ross took no notice of us

Post  gil t azell on 2019-03-03, 6:45 pm

I hold my hands up. I wanted rid of. The bloke has been a revelation.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-03-03, 9:21 pm

gil t azell wrote:I hold my hands up. I wanted rid of. The bloke has been a revelation.
Whats he's admitted to  Shocked

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-03-03, 10:15 pm

gil t azell wrote:I hold my hands up. I wanted rid of. The bloke has been a revelation.

Guilty here too.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-03-03, 10:32 pm

Found his level.

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-03-04, 6:25 am

I have always felt he was underrated.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2019-03-04, 8:21 am

He took no notice of 'us' eh !
That's offensive to the ones that have supported him throughout Sad . . . . and 'found his level' is a pathetic way to take away any credit that he thoroughly deserves Sad
He's obviously now been managed/encouraged properly, and we (yes 'we' . . . . all of us) are reaping the benefits.
He's at the very least one of our best players, so let's not demean his massive contribution Wink
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-03-04, 8:28 am

Gordon Armstrong wrote:He took no notice of 'us' eh !
That's offensive to the ones that have supported him throughout Sad  . . . . and 'found his level' is a pathetic way to take away any credit that he thoroughly deserves Sad
He's obviously now been managed/encouraged properly, and we (yes 'we' . . . . all of us) are reaping the benefits.
He's at the very least one of our best players, so let's not demean his massive contribution Wink
I agree and yes I have always rated Catts, the us was the outcry at the start of the season when I read he was shit, his legs had gone, he should never wear the shirt again, would not get into a Sunday pub team, before I am shouted at not comments on here.

I would also say he is way above division one level, maybe not premier these days but will certainly do a job in the championship.

This season he has added to his game, he is scoring goals because he is no longer just a defensive midfielder and gets into the box to help the attack.

But for me and its a big but, all of this is overshadowed by his leadership, he drives the team on and never stops talking, instructing and encouraging.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2019-03-04, 8:39 am

It’s no coincidence that results have picked up now he’s fit and they dropped off a bit when he was injured
paddocklad
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-03-04, 9:56 am

paddocklad wrote:It’s no coincidence that results have picked up now he’s fit and they dropped off a bit when he was injured
I agree and have always said this. If someone with more time than me could check out the stats of our games - in every division - I would like to bet they are better than average with Catts in the team and worse without.

As Syd says it is not just his footballing ability, which is much better than League One level. it is his drive and leadership skills that make the difference. He may not be Captain in name but he is a Captain on the pitch and in the dressing room.

And if we get promotion at the first attempt because of his contribution NO ONE wil be moaning about how much his wages are - because that wil be money well spent.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  black fox on 2019-03-04, 10:04 am

ive said it before and i say ii again theres only one lee cattermole.

Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-03-04, 11:58 am

Gordon Armstrong wrote: 'found his level' is a pathetic way to take away any credit that he thoroughly deserves Sad

"Pathetic" eh?

That's a bit harsh to describe my post.

Catts was found wanting in the Championship last season.
He has come good this season because he is a good player at this level. Applies to one or two others too.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2019-03-04, 1:32 pm

Silvers wrote:
Gordon Armstrong wrote: 'found his level' is a pathetic way to take away any credit that he thoroughly deserves Sad

"Pathetic" eh?

That's a bit harsh to describe my post.

Catts was found wanting in the Championship last season.
He has come good this season because he is a good player at this level. Applies to one or two others too.

I'm sorry if you didn't mean it like that, but "pathetic" is how I describe the detractors that I've come across who use the term 'found his level' to belittle his improvement, 'cos they simply want to hate him, no matter how good he's become (and often been) for S.A.F.C. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As mentioned above . . . .

“I would also say that he is way above division one level. Maybe not Premier these days, but he will certainly do a job in the championship”

and

“his footballing ability, which is much better than League One level”

some are willing to give him the credit that he deserves, and his ability is shining now almost certainly because

“He's obviously now been managed/encouraged properly”

The correct guidance can make a massive difference, and in his case it so obviously has [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-03-04, 1:44 pm

I was making the point that at League One level he is proving effective... as is McGready.
They are both giving us an edge in this league.

Yes, they are good at this level.
Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-03-04, 2:31 pm

I dont think we can underestimate Leadbitter's part in the new midfield, his calming influence and control works well with Catts. They seem to like and trust each other and can read each other well. On Saturday they controlled the game from midfield and that helps defense and attack, Catts even gave a wee lesson in goal scoring and that was far from a tap in BTW.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-03-04, 3:46 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I dont think we can underestimate Leadbitter's part in the new midfield, his calming influence and control works well with Catts. They seem to like and trust each other and can read each other well. On Saturday they controlled the game from midfield and that helps defense and attack, Catts even gave a wee lesson in goal scoring and that was far from a tap in BTW.

Whatever anyone's views on "level" or whatever else, Ross has found (and created) something that works. I've been a detractor of Catts in the past and his inconsistency over time has maybe been the reason that different people see different things. What we can all happily say now is that it is working and he is playing well alongside Leadbitter and he is a positive influence on the pitch  - long may it continue.
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-03-04, 4:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2019-03-04, 4:17 pm

That sounds good at first, until you realise that it would have to be the winner . . . . which makes it very improbable [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-03-04, 7:25 pm

In the rem and Championship I notices time and again that Catts was targeted by two players who played their game by drawing him out of position and there was just no cover for him once they by-passed him. Not seen enough of the games this season to judge what is going on around him but for me he has always given his all regardless.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-03-04, 8:53 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
paddocklad wrote:It’s no coincidence that results have picked up now he’s fit and they dropped off a bit when he was injured
I agree and have always said this. If someone with more time than me could check out the stats of our games - in every division - I would like to bet they are better than average with Catts in the team and worse without.

As Syd says it is not just his footballing ability, which is much better than League One level. it is his drive and leadership skills that make the difference. He may not be Captain in name but he is a Captain on the pitch and in the dressing room.

And if we get promotion at the first attempt because of his contribution NO ONE wil be moaning about how much his wages are - because that wil be money well spent.

Don't let his footballing ability be confused with drive & leadership H. Leadership comes in many forms, both good & bad with the outcome often overlooked when it's to the betterment of the majority at the expense of a dispensable minority.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-03-05, 12:37 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

Don't let his footballing ability be confused with drive & leadership H. Leadership comes in many forms, both good & bad with the outcome often overlooked when it's to the betterment of the majority at the expense of a dispensable minority.
I am sure that made sense to you Kiwi! I know what you think of his drinking etc. but I believe he has settled down and matured and the 'wild' days are behind him. It comes to MOST of us eventually! Laughing
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-03-05, 1:47 am

Hieronymus wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

I am sure that made sense to you Kiwi! I know what you think of his drinking etc. but I believe he has settled down and matured and the 'wild' days are behind him. It comes to MOST of us eventually! Laughing
I'm pleased you made some sort of sense of it H, it lost me.

I like everyone have been tested over the last few seasons and all the players at some time along with managers and owner have depressed me. The pleasure and enjoyment I get now has helped dull past pains and I judge on what I see. In Cattermole I see a leader who gives his all for my club. Does he enjoy a drink, no idea and I could not care less. He is far more than the reckless hothead we saw in his younger days and in Ross he has a manager he seems to respect and importantly who respects him. 

In short, I'm pleased we have him with us.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-03-05, 4:04 am

never doubted catts could be a success in this league but value for money? If we get up some will say yes but I am on the fence on this.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-03-05, 9:56 am

barrowmackem wrote:never doubted catts could be a success in this league but value for money? If we get up some will say yes but I am on the fence on this.
I don't know what Catts wages are but have heard around £40k a week? If we get promoted will that be considered £2m well spent?

Could we have bought a top class, 20 goals a season, striker for that sort of money if we had managed to offload Catts in the summer for example? Who would that have been then - who would have come to us then, when we were at rock bottom?

No doubt at all for me, Catts is worth every penny of his wages as he drives us on to promotion Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum