SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Predictions Week 08
Advice required re first time match visit EmptyYesterday at 9:34 pm by Hieronymus

» RESULTS OF WEEK 5 AND FIXTURES FOR WEEK 6
Advice required re first time match visit EmptyYesterday at 9:28 pm by Hieronymus

» Results Mid week 7
Advice required re first time match visit EmptyYesterday at 8:32 pm by Vincemac

» Rumours getting stronger
Advice required re first time match visit EmptyYesterday at 6:39 pm by Hieronymus

» Sunderland v Rotherham United
Advice required re first time match visit EmptyYesterday at 6:32 pm by gil t azell

» League Table Mid week 7
Advice required re first time match visit EmptyYesterday at 12:17 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions
Advice required re first time match visit EmptyYesterday at 11:11 am by oxfordshire

» Predictions Mid week 07
Advice required re first time match visit Empty2019-09-17, 1:20 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Predictions Week 11
Advice required re first time match visit Empty2019-09-17, 7:57 am by canary-dave

» Predictions Week 10
Advice required re first time match visit Empty2019-09-17, 7:54 am by canary-dave

Advice required re first time match visit

Go down

Advice required re first time match visit Empty Advice required re first time match visit

Post  fitz on 2019-02-25, 8:52 pm

Hi All,

I am hoping to take my son to watch the game this weekend, he has never been to a football match before and so I thought what better way to start him off than to follow in my own footsteps (my first ever match was watching Sunderland back in around 1978 with my dad!).

I have not been a game myself for a very long time and I am no longer that local but as all my family hails from Sunderland and I am trying to avoid him following the usual route of supporting real madrid or something I thought I would give it a go.

Please can someone let me know which part of the ground I should get tickets in that is best suited to a 10 year old?

Thanks in advance
fitz
fitz
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Advice required re first time match visit Empty Re: Advice required re first time match visit

Post  MrRAWhite on 2019-02-25, 8:59 pm

South East Corner is where the family section is and the atmosphere can be decent there as well.. That is the area of the ground where I am..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Advice required re first time match visit Empty Re: Advice required re first time match visit

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-25, 9:05 pm

Yep family enclosure is for you, hope you see a win and good game

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2019-02-25, 9:09 pm

Thanks - so looking at the stadium plan is that like L10, L11, L32 that sort of area? any bit or rows in particular that you would avoid (such as a restricted view) or is it all fine?
fitz
fitz
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-25, 9:40 pm

fitz wrote:Thanks - so looking at the stadium plan is that like L10, L11, L32 that sort of area? any bit or rows in particular that you would avoid (such as a restricted view) or is it all fine?
U 10/11/12
L 10/11

Upper tier is better if weather is bad, under roof.

TBH all of East stand is fine but I would avoid the roker end because its the singing end and may be a bit loud for your sons first game.

North stand is usually sparse so poor atmosphere but no real bad areas, ie trouble. Family enclosure tends to have less if any bad language and lots of kids in your sons age group.

BTW Sampson and Delilah the mascots are on the concourse for pics with your son if he is into that kind of thing.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2019-02-26, 12:35 am

Thanks very much for the info - tickets bought - hoping for fine weather and win Smile
fitz
fitz
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-02-26, 6:52 pm

Enjoy the day Fitz, SoL is one of the better stadiums in the UK with fantastically passionate supporters. 

Bring it on .. sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2019-03-03, 12:21 am

Thanks for the advice, we had a really good day out, the P&R was very easy, good atmosphere, it didn't rain and he saw a win (though around the 60 min mark that wasn't looking too likely) - he also got a shirt (he doesn't know enough to realise it was last seasons - £5 - result!)
fitz
fitz
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-03-03, 6:06 am

fitz wrote:Thanks for the advice, we had a really good day out, the P&R was very easy, good atmosphere, it didn't rain and he saw a win (though around the 60 min mark that wasn't looking too likely) - he also got a shirt (he doesn't know enough to realise it was last seasons - £5 - result!)
2 goals and clean sheet mean you must now go to every game or it will all go wrong and be your fault.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-03-03, 7:56 am

cyprussyd wrote:
fitz wrote:Thanks for the advice, we had a really good day out, the P&R was very easy, good atmosphere, it didn't rain and he saw a win (though around the 60 min mark that wasn't looking too likely) - he also got a shirt (he doesn't know enough to realise it was last seasons - £5 - result!)
2 goals and clean sheet mean you must now go to every game or it will all go wrong and be your fault.
Yes it will.

Come on fitz its every game now.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2019-03-03, 2:45 pm

We will certainly be back - its good for him to do something other than playing videogames (and I still need to take him round to see where my parents & grandparents lived).
fitz
fitz
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-03-03, 4:53 pm

Great ! So glad was a good experience. Better this year than last i think Razz

Please continue to post - we are a small forum but there is no abuse, no real arguments, just a bunch of nice people from all walks of life that have become friends in 'real' life in many cases, as well as online. Always great to have a new poster and to have new stories to read.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum