SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Accrington Stanley v Sunderland
Sunderland AFC v  Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyToday at 2:13 pm by Hieronymus

» Sid MCFC an apology!
Sunderland AFC v  Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyToday at 10:53 am by canary-dave

» Sunderland v Rotherham United
Sunderland AFC v  Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyToday at 8:04 am by gil t azell

» Have i got my days mixed up
Sunderland AFC v  Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyToday at 3:40 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Sunderland sue doctor for £13MILLION
Sunderland AFC v  Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 4:47 pm by fitz

» Geoffrey Boycott!
Sunderland AFC v  Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:58 am by canary-dave

» Predictions week 07
Sunderland AFC v  Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 7:49 am by oldblackcat

» Watmore
Sunderland AFC v  Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty2019-09-13, 9:12 pm by Nostalgic

» Yellowhammer
Sunderland AFC v  Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty2019-09-13, 12:23 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Rumours getting stronger
Sunderland AFC v  Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty2019-09-13, 10:44 am by gil t azell

Sunderland AFC v Plymouth Argyle

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sunderland AFC v  Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty Re: Sunderland AFC v Plymouth Argyle

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-03-02, 8:24 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Have opened Chatbox if anyone around?
Sorry forgot to close it again and move it to bottom of page at end of match - was only me on anyway - was mostly busy grandchild sitting!!
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Sunderland AFC v  Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty Re: Sunderland AFC v Plymouth Argyle

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-03-02, 9:39 pm

onwards we go, only thing that matters is the 3 points at this stage of the season and the lads did that with some decent football thrown in for good measure. ten

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-03-02, 11:10 pm

gil t azell wrote:Plymouth were poor.

1st half best I have seen for a long long time.
2nd half we were poor but we got what we needed.
I can't work out if we were brilliant first half or they were just rubbish.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrapinic on 2019-03-02, 11:49 pm

First half probably the best football we've played this season, just needed a bit of luck. Second half passing seemed to go awry a bit  Must remember Plymouth were on a good run of form
Terrapinic
Terrapinic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2019-03-03, 5:55 am

oxfordshire wrote:Nothing to do with Plymouth but interesting.

JEROME Sinclair is working on scoring scruffy goals in training as he attempts to get off the mark for Oxford United.

The striker has made an impact since arriving in a loan move from Watford on deadline day in January.

But ahead of tomorrow’s home game with Scunthorpe United, Sinclair is yet to find the back of the net himself.

The 22-year-old said: “I’ve had a lot of chats with the manager about this.

“In training I tend to score a lot of the beautiful goals where you whip it into the top corner, but in a league like this those opportunities don’t come as regularly.
He 'got off the mark' by scoring both goals (headers) as Oxford beat the Scunts 2-1 yesterday [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-03-03, 6:19 am

Player Ratings

Jon McLaughlin, 7/10: Made one superb second-half save after largely being a spectator in the first-half.
Luke O’Nien, 7/10: Furthered his transformation into Sunderland’s most complete defender.
Tom Flanagan, 6/10: Fairly solid after he recovered from an early knock.
Jimmy Dunne, 6/10: Nullified Ladapo effectively.
Reece James, 6/10: Untroubled defensively, a mixed bag going forward.
Grant Leadbitter, 8/10: Sprayed some outstanding switches of play and controlled the action from to start to finish with his excellent awareness and decision-making.
Lee Cattermole, 7/10: Broke the deadlock with a superb finish and was mainly tidy in possession throughout.
Lewis Morgan, 7/10: Had the beating of Sawyer all afternoon, didn’t always pick the right pass in the final third though.
George Honeyman, 7/10: Scored the crucial second goal, but was quiet otherwise.
Aiden McGeady, 7/10: Tormented the Plymouth backline with his clever movement and intelligent passing from central areas.
Will Grigg, 7/10: Lively performance, but he failed to turn his industry into goals.
(SUB) Duncan Watmore, 6/10: Used his pace well to get in-behind the Argyle backline.
(SUB) Charlie Wyke, n/a/10: Came on too late to make an impact.
(SUB) Lynden Gooch,n/a /10: See above
Man of the Match: Grant Leadbitter

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-03-03, 7:16 am

cyprussyd wrote:

Player Ratings

Jon McLaughlin, 7/10: Made one superb second-half save after largely being a spectator in the first-half.
Luke O’Nien, 7/10: Furthered his transformation into Sunderland’s most complete defender.
Tom Flanagan, 6/10: Fairly solid after he recovered from an early knock.
Jimmy Dunne, 6/10: Nullified Ladapo effectively.
Reece James, 6/10: Untroubled defensively, a mixed bag going forward.
Grant Leadbitter, 8/10: Sprayed some outstanding switches of play and controlled the action from to start to finish with his excellent awareness and decision-making.
Lee Cattermole, 7/10: Broke the deadlock with a superb finish and was mainly tidy in possession throughout.
Lewis Morgan, 7/10: Had the beating of Sawyer all afternoon, didn’t always pick the right pass in the final third though.
George Honeyman, 7/10: Scored the crucial second goal, but was quiet otherwise.
Aiden McGeady, 7/10: Tormented the Plymouth backline with his clever movement and intelligent passing from central areas.
Will Grigg, 7/10: Lively performance, but he failed to turn his industry into goals.
(SUB) Duncan Watmore, 6/10: Used his pace well to get in-behind the Argyle backline.
(SUB) Charlie Wyke, n/a/10: Came on too late to make an impact.
(SUB) Lynden Gooch,n/a /10: See above
Man of the Match: Grant Leadbitter
O9 for me. For an "alleged" makeshift full back he was fantastic yet again. Wins virtually every header and is reliable with either foot in spraying the ball about. Dribbled his way out of a few tight tricky areas yesterday and like the rest of the team looked very comfortable, composed and confident.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2019-03-03, 8:36 am

Onions was definitely M.o.M. yesterday (and not just for me and Gil T) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-03-03, 9:48 am

Normally much maligned I thought the ref had a good game yesterday. Rightfully booked a couple but tried to let the game flow. Plus a fantastic decision not to award a nailed on penna to Plymouth. Apart from the Bradford match where the ref was obviously a closet SAFC fan this bloke was next best.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum