SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland vs Benfica B - Thursday 18th July
I think the penny has dropped At Last EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Hieronymus

» Got my pass, have you got yours?
I think the penny has dropped At Last EmptyYesterday at 9:01 pm by Vincemac

» Good Luck
I think the penny has dropped At Last Empty2019-07-17, 8:53 pm by Lever Malone

» Portugal
I think the penny has dropped At Last Empty2019-07-17, 4:23 pm by cyprussyd

» SCMP
I think the penny has dropped At Last Empty2019-07-16, 6:19 pm by gil t azell

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
I think the penny has dropped At Last Empty2019-07-15, 11:17 pm by Hieronymus

» Wahbi Khazri
I think the penny has dropped At Last Empty2019-07-15, 8:44 am by Hieronymus

» Love departs
I think the penny has dropped At Last Empty2019-07-14, 9:08 am by barrowmackem

» McGeady
I think the penny has dropped At Last Empty2019-07-14, 9:06 am by barrowmackem

» Twitter 1
I think the penny has dropped At Last Empty2019-07-12, 5:19 pm by Hieronymus

I think the penny has dropped At Last

Go down

I think the penny has dropped At Last Empty I think the penny has dropped At Last

Post  Guest on 2019-02-20, 2:48 pm

And Ross has moved from the cautious approach and gone for a more attacking game.

Back to top Go down

I think the penny has dropped At Last Empty Re: I think the penny has dropped At Last

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-02-20, 3:42 pm

Was it coincidence our best performance for weeks came on Cattermole's return? Did he cover so much ground others had more freedom to get forward? I did not see the game - and only listened sporadically but that is what I was hearing. But hope you are right as it was a much better game to listen to and would take 4-2 wins any day Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

I think the penny has dropped At Last Empty Re: I think the penny has dropped At Last

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-20, 4:21 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Was it coincidence our best performance for weeks came on Cattermole's return? Did he cover so much ground others had more freedom to get forward? I did not see the game - and only listened sporadically but that is what I was hearing. But hope you are right as it was a much better game to listen to and would take 4-2 wins any day Very Happy
Not sure the penny has dropped, more different players.

We played the same system. 4-2-3-1 but Cattermole and Leadbitter formed a good partnership and Cattermole never shut up, he drove the players on, he led them and that is why he needs to start.

He also scored and when he did his reaction showed just how much Sunderland means to him.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2019-02-20, 4:55 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:Was it coincidence our best performance for weeks came on Cattermole's return? Did he cover so much ground others had more freedom to get forward? I did not see the game - and only listened sporadically but that is what I was hearing. But hope you are right as it was a much better game to listen to and would take 4-2 wins any day Very Happy

We played the same system. 4-2-3-1 but Cattermole and Leadbitter formed a good partnership and Cattermole never shut up, he drove the players on, he led them and that is why he needs to start.

He also scored and when he did his reaction showed just how much Sunderland means to him.
I would still like to see us move to a back 3 with wing backs! ONien will make a great wing back, he loves to get forward.

a 3-4-3 might suit us and strengthen the defence. the four could include O'Nien, Catts, Leadbitter and James/Oviedo/Hulme

with a front three of Grigg with McGuire, Honeyman, McGeady or Morgan
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-20, 5:56 pm

Mackemneil wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I would still like to see us move to a back 3 with wing backs! ONien will make a great wing back, he loves to get forward.

a 3-4-3 might suit us and strengthen the defence. the four could include O'Nien, Catts, Leadbitter and James/Oviedo/Hulme

with a front three of Grigg with McGuire, Honeyman, McGeady or Morgan
I could live with that.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-02-20, 6:18 pm

cyprussyd wrote:

Must admit when I saw them two together in midfield I thought JR had been over cautious. Like you say they performed very well. Catts everywhere freeing up Leadbitter to have his best game for us since he came back. 

O9 is just pure class and although a decent full back I would love him to be an attacking midfielder or wing back.

Good performance from all the players last night. 

Quick note on Gillingham. Tom Eaves is a bloody good hard player. Their No7 was a handful and their goalie made Pantillamon look like a midget.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum