SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com

Grass is greener

Go down

Grass is greener  Empty Grass is greener

Post  Vincemac on 2019-02-18, 1:53 pm

Just thought I would make this post in view of some players moving on 
Who has moved on in there carrea and found it not as greener as they thought 
I was a local bricklayer for the council for 20 years and when I left to join the prison service all my mates and work collegues could not believe it.
I was not on a particular good wage but it did serve me well with some restraints.
Worked local and ne everyone at work and people living in the council houses I worked in and were friends with many .
However I joined the service and at first earned a little more but still struggled 
With the unsociable working hours weekends Christmas nights long days 
Never the less the hours slowly reduced to 40 hours a week and the money improved 
All said I had made my bed and had to lie in it as they say.
I worked my remaining 30 years and over all I got used to the working hours and final accepted where I was 
Not a bad change of carrea but I worked a lot harder for the little better life style 
So over all from my point of view after the initia major adjustments I think I 
WAS
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Grass is greener  Empty Re: Grass is greener

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-18, 2:37 pm

I think the grass is greener is inbuilt in most of us Vince, you need to be really settled with your life not to wonder.

I am a terrible suffer of greener grass syndrome many terms used over the years, a dreamer, a doer, ambitious for improvement in my life, all carry some truth but maybe I just have what my mam would call ants in my pants.

Have I dont the right thing, well your make your bed quote is true in my case.

On the plus side I have enjoyed wealth, success, big houses and cars, fantastic experiences, stayed at the best hotels, mixed with the rich. But the biggest thing for me was being on a stage after being invited to give talks and the buzz it gave me.

But of course there is also a down side and mine is stark, two divorces, many lost homes that come with divorce, lots of time away from home and even working on the next talk or problem when I was at home, you can see why the divorces came. I have one sister who I have not seen or spoken to for years and a son who no longer wants anything to do with me.

The funny thing is I now have no real wealth but do OK and I like me far more today than I ever did in my successful days.

I know and see many, quite a few on this forum, who maybe never made the giddy heights I did, maybe stuck to that first job and first wife. They now I assume live in mortgage free houses with memories and enjoy their company pensions.

They stuck with the original grass, a life I would have called dull once, now, maybe they took the less risk free option and now are reaping the rewards.

I guess the key is regrets, do I have regrets, bloody thousands, do I regret my live choices in chasing the green grass, no, its what I did and who I am.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-02-18, 5:44 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I think the grass is greener is inbuilt in most of us Vince, you need to be really settled with your life not to wonder.

I am a terrible suffer of greener grass syndrome many terms used over the years, a dreamer, a doer, ambitious for improvement in my life, all carry some truth but maybe I just have what my mam would call ants in my pants.

Have I dont the right thing, well your make your bed quote is true in my case.

On the plus side I have enjoyed wealth, success, big houses and cars, fantastic experiences, stayed at the best hotels, mixed with the rich. But the biggest thing for me was being on a stage after being invited to give talks and the buzz it gave me.

But of course there is also a down side and mine is stark, two divorces, many lost homes that come with divorce, lots of time away from home and even working on the next talk or problem when I was at home, you can see why the divorces came. I have one sister who I have not seen or spoken to for years and a son who no longer wants anything to do with me.

The funny thing is I now have no real wealth but do OK and I like me far more today than I ever did in my successful days.

I know and see many, quite a few on this forum, who maybe never made the giddy heights I did, maybe stuck to that first job and first wife. They now I assume live in mortgage free houses with memories and enjoy their company pensions.

They stuck with the original grass, a life I would have called dull once, now, maybe they took the less risk free option and now are reaping the rewards.

I guess the key is regrets, do I have regrets, bloody thousands, do I regret my live choices in chasing the green grass, no, its what I did and who I am.
Well said  like
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum