SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Totally unacceptable
Sunderland - Sunderland v Gillingham - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:41 pm by Hieronymus

» The Don on the takeover
Sunderland - Sunderland v Gillingham - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:04 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» One for sidMCFC
Sunderland - Sunderland v Gillingham - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 12:39 pm by Sid MCFC

» Oh Mr Ross
Sunderland - Sunderland v Gillingham - Page 2 Empty2019-10-12, 10:02 pm by paddocklad

» Predictions Week 11
Sunderland - Sunderland v Gillingham - Page 2 Empty2019-10-12, 1:37 pm by oldblackcat

» Our next manager
Sunderland - Sunderland v Gillingham - Page 2 Empty2019-10-12, 1:32 pm by cyprussyd

» Club Statement
Sunderland - Sunderland v Gillingham - Page 2 Empty2019-10-12, 11:31 am by Argus

» First Ross now the owners
Sunderland - Sunderland v Gillingham - Page 2 Empty2019-10-12, 8:22 am by cyprussyd

» A very good morning Syd
Sunderland - Sunderland v Gillingham - Page 2 Empty2019-10-12, 8:17 am by cyprussyd

» Just sit back and enjoy
Sunderland - Sunderland v Gillingham - Page 2 Empty2019-10-11, 12:37 pm by Hieronymus

Sunderland v Gillingham

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sunderland - Sunderland v Gillingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Sunderland v Gillingham

Post  canary-dave on 2019-02-20, 9:04 am

Wow! I thought you guys would be buzzing after a good win last night 

It's like a fecking graveyard  Twisted Evil

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-20, 9:17 am

canary-dave wrote:Wow! I thought you guys would be buzzing after a good win last night 

It is Dave, we seem to have more life when we lose, it depresses the feck out of me but we must remember the busy lives everyone lead.

Fortunately it seems that on Twitter people are less busy so I spend most of my time on there, sad and I'm sure these little posts will drive a few more away.

But we have suffered the bad times so we will see promotion hopefully before decision time and a humane death.

Anyway, how are you my friend?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-02-20, 9:19 am

oxfordshire wrote:The Barnsley game could be a season defining occasion. Another one to target for a capacity crowd methinks.
You do know this is an away game don't you.

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-02-20, 9:29 am

cyprussyd wrote:
canary-dave wrote:Wow! I thought you guys would be buzzing after a good win last night 

It is Dave, we seem to have more life when we lose, it depresses the feck out of me but we must remember the busy lives everyone lead.

Fortunately it seems that on Twitter people are less busy so I spend most of my time on there, sad and I'm sure these little posts will drive a few more away.

But we have suffered the bad times so we will see promotion hopefully before decision time and a humane death.

I'm feeling quite good thanks Syd, I had my first dose of heated chemo yesterday and I have suffered no ill effects apart from having to sit down to wee and having purple pee for six hours after the treatment.

Five more treatments then they put the camera into my bladder to see if any progress was made. 

Hope Annette is feeling better  love to you both xxxx

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-20, 9:40 am

canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I'm feeling quite good thanks Syd, I had my first dose of heated chemo yesterday and I have suffered no ill effects apart from having to sit down to wee and having purple pee for six hours after the treatment.

Five more treatments then they put the camera into my bladder to see if any progress was made. 

We are fine Dave and I'm so pleased to hear you are feeling better, a long road ahead I know but you are not alone, many mackems are with you.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-02-20, 9:46 am

cyprussyd wrote:

Quit yer moanin. I didn't get back home 'til 11.45 last night, was up at 5.40 to go to work, which I need to get on with now. I'll post when I have time.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-20, 9:48 am

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Quit yer moanin. I didn't get back home 'til 11.45 last night, was up at 5.40 to go to work, which I need to get on with now. I'll post when I have time.
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-02-20, 9:55 am

cyprussyd wrote:

Been up since 6:30am to see off hubby and daughter with 2 year old grand-daughter who fell and has broken teeth so emergency clinic at dental hospital in newcastle for 9am. Broke my toe last week so still hobbling round. Been sorting stuff for Labour Party (which lately seems to have too manyy members who have forgotten about solidarity and compassion) and now having a cup of tea and some toast and reading Sundermad!

Hope you are all well Smile
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-20, 10:13 am

Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Been up since 6:30am to see off hubby and daughter with 2 year old grand-daughter who fell and has broken teeth so emergency clinic at dental hospital in newcastle for 9am. Broke my toe last week so still hobbling round. Been sorting stuff for Labour Party (which lately seems to have too manyy members who have forgotten about solidarity and compassion) and now having a cup of tea and some toast and reading Sundermad!

Now that opens up a whole new topic and one Corbyn needs to get a grip of, however he has hardly lost support because he never had it off these people.

They are getting lots of publicity but they would wouldn't they for our Corbyn loving media.

So get a grip of antisemitism and my biased opinion is the new party will last until the next election when they will in the main be over.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-02-20, 12:37 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Now that opens up a whole new topic and one Corbyn needs to get a grip of, however he has hardly lost support because he never had it off these people.

They are getting lots of publicity but they would wouldn't they for our Corbyn loving media.

So get a grip of antisemitism and my biased opinion is the new party will last until the next election when they will in the main be over.
Yes I guess the leavers and splitters have a lot to answer for but I was actually referring closer to home - after a meeting and correspondence in last week where i have been accused of disregarding disabled members needs (because I agreed with a branch decision to  have small group meetings in pubs to save money, provided they had a disabled toilet and ground floor access) Am told this is illegal as we have to consider people with alcohol issues as well as those who cant take background noise of a pub. I have also been reported to region for not taking into account a (single) members need to NOT have air conditioning/heating on due to the effect on her allergies (which she had never told me about beforehand anyway). She did not take kindly to my response that I was sorry to hear of the issue but that there was little that could be done as we had to take account of the needs of the other 40 members attending meetings.

Fortunately Region and rest of my local officers supported me but it has been bloody awful. Considering I am putting in 40-50 hours per week as a volunteer and we already spend all of our membership income hiring accessible rooms for our bigger branch and constituency meetings - so fundraise to pay for leaflets and campaigning materials whihc is very difficult given the geographical challenges of our rural constituency. I am losing the will to carry on with some of these people who are so self-absorbed that they refuse to see the bigger picture; local Parties exist to fight elections and get Labour into local and national government. We are not about just having meetings for everyone to have a go and a whinge at people just trying to do their best in posts THEY would not touch with a bargepole!!

Phew that was cathartic! Very Happy

By the way the "Independent Group" have not yet registered as a Party, which means their funding is not regulated.  Their website crashed first day but before then some clever wags found out it was set up by a shell company with Gavin Shuker a director, and is registered in Panama. There definitely should be by-elections in these circumstances - they all stood in 2017 under a Labour Party manifesto - if they don't support it then their voters should have the choice of choosing a Labour MP that does.

Sorry everyone have strayed far from OP Smile
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-02-20, 1:57 pm

A word about football - and I promised Syd a post:

I have to admit I really don't know what to make of last night's performance so I'm not going to do a lot of analysis. I think I was too caught up in the emotional roller-coaster to analyse individual performances so reading the reactions to certain players earlier was interesting.

It seems to be a unanimous feeling that Dunne was dreadful. Well, the defence was sloppy generally and I don't think I'd particularly pull him out. I suspect Ross will stick with him but he has some choices to make and he must be frustrated not knowing what his best combination is. 

Very good last night I felt were O'Nien, Grigg and McGeady. So pleased that Grigg got to put one in the back of the net and his all round play is great.

Maguire is one of my favourite players and I was gutted when he got injured but  my faith soon restored that we would win that game and didn't waiver on that 2nd goal.

Apparently Leadbitter and Cattermole had excellent games. I'm not saying they didn't but somehow it passed me by. I like the way Honeyman always battles and wants to attack.

The crowd has got some praise but I still witnessed some idiots I'm afraid. There's a couple of moaning old buggers near me who pick on any mistake  - just clap the good stuff and forgive the mistakes for wotsit sake! There were a few boos at half time - totally unnecessary and what is totally unforgiveable was someone booing McLaughlin when he made a couple of dodgy kicks - where on earth would we be without him!

Lots of praise going round after the win last night which is great. If we hadn't got those 2 penalties, people would no doubt be tearing the team to shreds. That's just the way it is I guess - sad. For myself, I was a happy bunny last night and enjoyed a decent game of football.
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-02-20, 2:21 pm

Kipper wrote:A word about football - and I promised Syd a post:

I have to admit I really don't know what to make of last night's performance so I'm not going to do a lot of analysis. I think I was too caught up in the emotional roller-coaster to analyse individual performances so reading the reactions to certain players earlier was interesting.

It seems to be a unanimous feeling that Dunne was dreadful. Well, the defence was sloppy generally and I don't think I'd particularly pull him out. I suspect Ross will stick with him but he has some choices to make and he must be frustrated not knowing what his best combination is. 

Very good last night I felt were O'Nien, Grigg and McGeady. So pleased that Grigg got to put one in the back of the net and his all round play is great.

Maguire is one of my favourite players and I was gutted when he got injured but  my faith soon restored that we would win that game and didn't waiver on that 2nd goal.

Apparently Leadbitter and Cattermole had excellent games. I'm not saying they didn't but somehow it passed me by. I like the way Honeyman always battles and wants to attack.

The crowd has got some praise but I still witnessed some idiots I'm afraid. There's a couple of moaning old buggers near me who pick on any mistake  - just clap the good stuff and forgive the mistakes for wotsit sake! There were a few boos at half time - totally unnecessary and what is totally unforgiveable was someone booing McLaughlin when he made a couple of dodgy kicks - where on earth would we be without him!

Lots of praise going round after the win last night which is great. If we hadn't got those 2 penalties, people would no doubt be tearing the team to shreds. That's just the way it is I guess - sad. For myself, I was a happy bunny last night and enjoyed a decent game of football.
Excellent read - well worth waiting for Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2019-02-20, 4:32 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

We are fine Dave and I'm so pleased to hear you are feeling better, a long road ahead I know but you are not alone, many mackems are with you.
like like like
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-02-20, 6:40 pm

Sorry I havent been on long. Some of us younguns still graft.

I am still buzzing from last night. We played well, we scored goals, got the 3 points and Grigg got off the mark. Yep the defence was crap but that aint going to spoil my enjoyment from watching us start to close the gap on the top 2. 

We will storm this run in whilst Luton n Barnsley will falter slightly allowing the mighty SAFC to overtake at lest one of them.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-02-21, 2:58 pm

gil t azell wrote:Sorry I havent been on long. Some of us younguns still graft.

I am still buzzing from last night. We played well, we scored goals, got the 3 points and Grigg got off the mark. Yep the defence was crap but that aint going to spoil my enjoyment from watching us start to close the gap on the top 2. 

We will storm this run in whilst Luton n Barnsley will falter slightly allowing the mighty SAFC to overtake at lest one of them.
like like like
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-02-22, 3:05 am

gil t azell wrote:Sorry I havent been on long. Some of us younguns still graft.

We will storm this run in whilst Luton n Barnsley will falter slightly allowing the mighty SAFC to overtake at lest one of 
Good to hear Gil. Limited viewing due to poor internet but how are we looking on the table now with the games in hand. We must be up to 3rd  or third at a guess?
How many points of the top?  I can't see the table etc on my phone.....bloodly tinernet!

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2019-02-22, 6:13 am

vinkel wrote:
oxfordshire wrote:The Barnsley game could be a season defining occasion. Another one to target for a capacity crowd methinks.
You do know this is an away game don't you.
Had thought it was but read somewhere listing it as a home game. Could be a tough one but aren't they all.
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum