SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Accrington Stanley v Sunderland
Are they happy now? EmptyToday at 2:13 pm by Hieronymus

» Sid MCFC an apology!
Are they happy now? EmptyToday at 10:53 am by canary-dave

» Sunderland v Rotherham United
Are they happy now? EmptyToday at 8:04 am by gil t azell

» Have i got my days mixed up
Are they happy now? EmptyToday at 3:40 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Sunderland sue doctor for £13MILLION
Are they happy now? EmptyYesterday at 4:47 pm by fitz

» Geoffrey Boycott!
Are they happy now? EmptyYesterday at 10:58 am by canary-dave

» Predictions week 07
Are they happy now? EmptyYesterday at 7:49 am by oldblackcat

» Watmore
Are they happy now? Empty2019-09-13, 9:12 pm by Nostalgic

» Yellowhammer
Are they happy now? Empty2019-09-13, 12:23 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Rumours getting stronger
Are they happy now? Empty2019-09-13, 10:44 am by gil t azell

Are they happy now?

Go down

Are they happy now? Empty Are they happy now?

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-02-15, 10:53 pm

Well all the know it all football manager players got their way and we played with 2 upfront....result we went 2-0 down....
Surprise surprise when we took Wyke off and resorted to our tried and tested 1 upfront (i.e the way we've played all season) we got more control of the game and pulled it back to 2-2...
Are the fans happy now? are they fcuk... after all we could only draw with Accrington Stanley...who are they??

What did tonight's game show? It showed that there is nothing wrong with the system we have played since the start of the season apart from lately we could only score 1 goal per game unlike at the start of the season

Yes it's another draw...or another game unbeaten if you're me.... but we are still in with a good chance of promotion and there's still a long way to go

Everyone is stressed that we aren't in an automatic promotion place but the reality is we're ahead of where we'd thought we'd be this season...remember at the start of the season Stewart Donald said that he had budgeted for 2 seasons in this division but if we stood a chance of getting out first time the manager would be backed...he has kept his promise

All is not lost yet there's still a long way to go everyone has to get behind the team and the manager and things could turn out fine....after the draw with Blackpool earlier this week I swear quite a lot of our so called fans thought the table was upside down and we were 4th off bottom and not 4th off top....the team were shit and we needed to  sack the manager...and I thought only the mags had stupid fans Mad

And no I ain't got rose tinted glasses.... things could be improved and we have had too many draws, but as long as we're in the top 6 we have a chance of going up.... we've just got to keep plugging away and have belief
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Are they happy now? Empty Re: Are they happy now?

Post  Guest on 2019-02-15, 11:53 pm

Start of season I would have accepted mid table... to stop the rot.
Disappointing that since New Year we have stagnated.
But hey.... still all to play for..

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-16, 12:47 am

The latest fan tweeted Donald saying he must sack Jack Ross.

We are all disappointed and I guess none more than Ross and the players, I want us to thrash every team in every game but sadly life is not like that.

A wonderful moment tonight, a man just behind me shouted we would never score with two dwarfs, Gooch and Honeyman in the team, seconds later Honeyman scored.

I will be there on Tuesday night and it will take minutes, no seconds for Grigg to score and we will win.

I still expect automatic promotion.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-02-16, 7:06 am

cyprussyd wrote:The latest fan tweeted Donald saying he must sack Jack Ross.

We are all disappointed and I guess none more than Ross and the players, I want us to thrash every team in every game but sadly life is not like that.

A wonderful moment tonight, a man just behind me shouted we would never score with two dwarfs, Gooch and Honeyman in the team, seconds later Honeyman scored.

I will be there on Tuesday night and it will take minutes, no seconds for Grigg to score and we will win.

I still expect automatic promotion.
So do I and I think its jolly sporting of us to give these little upstart clubs a head start.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-02-16, 7:31 am

Impressed with Grigg, provided we supply him he will score goals no doubt about that. I would give Stanley some credit, was impressed with them. Saying that once we got back to 2-2 there was only going to be one winner, sadly that never quite come off. Its gunna be an exciting run in that's for sure.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-02-16, 8:32 am

oldblackcat wrote:Well all the know it all football manager players got their way and we played with 2 upfront....result we went 2-0 down....
Surprise surprise when we took Wyke off and resorted to our tried and tested 1 upfront (i.e the way we've played all season) we got more control of the game and pulled it back to 2-2...
Are the fans happy now? are they fcuk... after all we could only draw with Accrington Stanley...who are they??

What did tonight's game show? It showed that there is nothing wrong with the system we have played since the start of the season apart from lately we could only score 1 goal per game unlike at the start of the season

Yes it's another draw...or another game unbeaten if you're me.... but we are still in with a good chance of promotion and there's still a long way to go

Everyone is stressed that we aren't in an automatic promotion place but the reality is we're ahead of where we'd thought we'd be this season...remember at the start of the season Stewart Donald said that he had budgeted for 2 seasons in this division but if we stood a chance of getting out first time the manager would be backed...he has kept his promise

All is not lost yet there's still a long way to go everyone has to get behind the team and the manager and things could turn out fine....after the draw with Blackpool earlier this week I swear quite a lot of our so called fans thought the table was upside down and we were 4th off bottom and not 4th off top....the team were shit and we needed to  sack the manager...and I thought only the mags had stupid fans Mad

And no I ain't got rose tinted glasses.... things could be improved and we have had too many draws, but as long as we're in the top 6 we have a chance of going up.... we've just got to keep plugging away and have belief

Thoughtful post. Certainly the 2 up front was not working, once Maguire came on it was better. What I did wonder was did the 2 up front not work, because one of them was Wyke?

In the 1st half it sure was hard to see that the team had been together on the training pitch (ever). We only seemed to rouse ourselves when we went 2 down.

Hopefully Grigg will score soon, his movement is good, great assist for Honeyman's goal

We certainly stick with Ross for the full season

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-02-16, 8:57 am

Still just two league defeats which is a sound base to build on.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-16, 9:03 am

We have a good team, a good manager and some very good first division players, including Wyke who came to us with a very good record.

Its simply not quite working and as Barrow pointed out Accrington played well, every team does when they come.

The pressure on the manager and team is massive, they know that and the visiting team knows that, they all follow the same plan, hold us for 15 to 20 minutes, feel the tension in the air then attack.

We should be able to deal with it and will but some of the players are in new territory and are taking time, to much time to adjust.

We scored two goals last night with the fantastic support of the crowd who in the main stuck with them. When that second goal for the visitors went in a number of fans around me, a small number but a number none the less walked out, gesturing to the players and telling them how shit they are, hopefully those fans will not come back.

On social media I am often called a happy clapper, an old tiresome term used by those who cant understand that you can be unhappy, disappointed and critical and still see the positives, be optimistic and support.

Sunders has written off Wyke, mind he needs a whipping boy, always has its what keeps him happy but Wyke is a Sunderland player and is struggling, he worked hard last night, won lots of headers and had a golden chance and should have scored but its just not working for him. 

I will be there on Tuesday with positive head on and WHEN WE GO UP IN THE TOP TWO, I will take great pleasure in saying I told you so to all who doubt. BTW if we dont go up I will still be there next season.its what supporters do, support.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-02-16, 10:55 am

cyprussyd wrote:We have a good team, a good manager and some very good first division players, including Wyke who came to us with a very good record.

Its simply not quite working and as Barrow pointed out Accrington played well, every team does when they come.

The pressure on the manager and team is massive, they know that and the visiting team knows that, they all follow the same plan, hold us for 15 to 20 minutes, feel the tension in the air then attack.

We should be able to deal with it and will but some of the players are in new territory and are taking time, to much time to adjust.

We scored two goals last night with the fantastic support of the crowd who in the main stuck with them. When that second goal for the visitors went in a number of fans around me, a small number but a number none the less walked out, gesturing to the players and telling them how shit they are, hopefully those fans will not come back.

On social media I am often called a happy clapper, an old tiresome term used by those who cant understand that you can be unhappy, disappointed and critical and still see the positives, be optimistic and support.

Sunders has written off Wyke, mind he needs a whipping boy, always has its what keeps him happy but Wyke is a Sunderland player and is struggling, he worked hard last night, won lots of headers and had a golden chance and should have scored but its just not working for him. 

I will be there on Tuesday with positive head on and WHEN WE GO UP IN THE TOP TWO, I will take great pleasure in saying I told you so to all who doubt. BTW if we dont go up I will still be there next season.its what supporters do, support.
Ditto my fine fellow.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2019-02-16, 2:28 pm

The atmosphere was extremely toxic until we scored and then it was very positive.. Sunderland fans showing both their worst and best last night..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-02-16, 3:18 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:The atmosphere was extremely toxic until we scored and then it was very positive.. Sunderland fans showing both their worst and best last night..

I think fans are fickle but when it looks like your team dont care its difficult to get on board. The last 2 first halfs have been absoloutely abysmal. Why cant we come out of the starting blocks from the 1st minute and go for it.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-16, 3:23 pm

gil t azell wrote:
MrRAWhite wrote:The atmosphere was extremely toxic until we scored and then it was very positive.. Sunderland fans showing both their worst and best last night..

I think fans are fickle but when it looks like your team dont care its difficult to get on board. The last 2 first halfs have been absoloutely abysmal. Why cant we come out of the starting blocks from the 1st minute and go for it.
Got to say I have never thought the team dont care, off form, chaotic, nervy, panicky and lost at times yes but never not caring.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-02-16, 4:03 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
gil t azell wrote:

Got to say I have never thought the team dont care, off form, chaotic, nervy, panicky and lost at times yes but never not caring.
I said "looks like" they dont care Syd. Too lacksadaisical and I sometimes think they just have to turn up to win. The team needs to start concentrating. Stop the silly give away balls. Realise you do not get time on the ball.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-02-17, 1:37 pm

gil t azell wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
gil t azell wrote:

I said "looks like" they dont care Syd. Too lacksadaisical and I sometimes think they just have to turn up to win. The team needs to start concentrating. Stop the silly give away balls. Realise you do not get time on the ball.
I sense of arrogance from some that just an appearance means three points has got to stop. Ndws alert,  it doesn't! !

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum