SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland v Tranmere Rovers
Sunderland - Sunderland v Accrington Stanley EmptyYesterday at 11:26 pm by Steve30000

» Predictions Mid week 12
Sunderland - Sunderland v Accrington Stanley EmptyYesterday at 11:15 pm by Terrapinic

» Results week 12
Sunderland - Sunderland v Accrington Stanley EmptyYesterday at 10:38 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Can't say I'm looking forward to Tuesday
Sunderland - Sunderland v Accrington Stanley EmptyYesterday at 9:24 pm by Hieronymus

» Predictions week 13
Sunderland - Sunderland v Accrington Stanley EmptyYesterday at 6:10 pm by canary-dave

» League table Week 12
Sunderland - Sunderland v Accrington Stanley EmptyYesterday at 12:31 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» For SidMCFC
Sunderland - Sunderland v Accrington Stanley Empty2019-10-20, 7:13 pm by Sid MCFC

» Parky it is then
Sunderland - Sunderland v Accrington Stanley Empty2019-10-20, 7:53 am by cyprussyd

» Wycombe Wanderers v Sunderland AFC
Sunderland - Sunderland v Accrington Stanley Empty2019-10-20, 7:31 am by barrowmackem

» Strong rumours
Sunderland - Sunderland v Accrington Stanley Empty2019-10-19, 11:31 am by Vincemac

Sunderland v Accrington Stanley

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sunderland - Sunderland v Accrington Stanley Empty Sunderland v Accrington Stanley

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-13, 9:34 am

Friday 15th Feb
KO 19.45

I think it goes something like,"Once more into the breach".

The world of social media is in meltdown with predictions of the end of the world and unbelievably IMO calls for Ross to be sacked rife. But the good news is that for every Ross out post there are far more support the team posts.

Social media is one thing but match day is very different and its match day and the paying punter who are important right now. The pressure on the team will be immense in particular the attacking players and they need to not just have our support but to feel it and I have every confidence of the majority of fans in the SoL who will show their support on Friday.

I personally have no interest in turn out and record crowds, what I want is a supporting crowd. Yes singing is great but far more important for me is not getting on players backs, encouragement works just take a look back to the start of the season.

Those who go out of their way to find the down side, well that's what Twitter is for and they can enjoy the game on their  while the rest of us get behind the team and Ross at the stadium.

BTW when we have a good performance and a good win they will come running back remind us how good we are, they always do.

But behind all of that is one simple truth, we must win this game, nerves will be raw so an early goal from Grigg preferably will help everyone settle. The starting 11 I have no idea but I would be tempted to go back to the beginning and the team that started us off so well but, what do I know, looking at Jerries predictions I would say not a lot.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Sunderland - Sunderland v Accrington Stanley Empty Re: Sunderland v Accrington Stanley

Post  Guest on 2019-02-13, 9:41 am

Unfortunately Gregg's had two very good chances to score last night, one laid on for him by Watmore, a one on one with the keeper the other chance an open goal but he put into the side netting.

Hopefully that is his misses out of the way and he gets a hat trick on Friday.

I still cannot see any great methods/tactics, at times both passing and pressing were poor. Aiden had a very poor game.

Gregg's does move well but he needs goals... so do we

Back to top Go down

Sunderland - Sunderland v Accrington Stanley Empty Re: Sunderland v Accrington Stanley

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-02-13, 2:49 pm

They need to urgently lose  their fear of losing & just play to  their ability, tthe wins will start flowing. 
cheers cheers

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-02-13, 3:05 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Unfortunately Gregg's had two very good chances to score last night, one laid on for him by Watmore, a one on one with the keeper the other chance an open goal but he put into the side netting.

I still cannot see any great methods/tactics, at times both passing and pressing were poor. Aiden had a very poor game.

2-0 Friday,  3-0 Tuesday
Will that do for you.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-02-13, 3:31 pm

vinkel wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:Unfortunately Gregg's had two very good chances to score last night, one laid on for him by Watmore, a one on one with the keeper the other chance an open goal but he put into the side netting.

2-0 Friday,  3-0 Tuesday
Will that do for you.

Yep would love that

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-02-13, 4:21 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Friday 15th Feb
KO 19.45

The world of social media is in meltdown with predictions of the end of the world and unbelievably IMO calls for Ross to be sacked rife. But the good news is that for every Ross out post there are far more support the team posts.

Social media is one thing but match day is very different and its match day and the paying punter who are important right now. The pressure on the team will be immense in particular the attacking players and they need to not just have our support but to feel it and I have every confidence of the majority of fans in the SoL who will show their support on Friday.

I personally have no interest in turn out and record crowds, what I want is a supporting crowd. Yes singing is great but far more important for me is not getting on players backs, encouragement works just take a look back to the start of the season.

Those who go out of their way to find the down side, well that's what Twitter is for and they can enjoy the game on their  while the rest of us get behind the team and Ross at the stadium.

BTW when we have a good performance and a good win they will come running back remind us how good we are, they always do.

But behind all of that is one simple truth, we must win this game, nerves will be raw so an early goal from Grigg preferably will help everyone settle. The starting 11 I have no idea but I would be tempted to go back to the beginning and the team that started us off so well but, what do I know, looking at Jerries predictions I would say not a lot.
To the beginning of the season do you mean? Not possible or even preferable in my view. Things have moved on. Ross changed things for the better last night and he'll have learnt even more. He had the right idea, it just needs a couple of tweaks. If Griggs had scored his chances then all the Twatter idiots would go away. Ross will build Griggs confidence this week, make the tweaks he needs to and we will win comfortably on Friday. Can't wait.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-13, 5:51 pm

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Friday 15th Feb
KO 19.45

To the beginning of the season do you mean? Not possible or even preferable in my view. Things have moved on. Ross changed things for the better last night and he'll have learnt even more. He had the right idea, it just needs a couple of tweaks. If Griggs had scored his chances then all the Twatter idiots would go away. Ross will build Griggs confidence this week, make the tweaks he needs to and we will win comfortably on Friday. Can't wait.
Well that does it for me  bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-02-13, 9:00 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:They need to urgently lose  their fear of losing & just play to  their ability, tthe wins will start flowing. 
cheers cheers
Correct,
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-02-13, 9:32 pm

Accrington haven’t won any of their last 6 league games
Bottom of the form table
Haven’t scored in their last 6 league games
#SAFC haven’t lost a home league this season.

Live onSky.

It couldnt could it?
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-13, 10:01 pm

gil t azell wrote:Accrington haven’t won any of their last 6 league games
Bottom of the form table
#SAFC haven’t lost a home league this season.

Live onSky.

It couldnt could it?
WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-02-13, 10:08 pm

gil t azell wrote:[size=31]Accrington haven’t won any of their last 6 league games
Bottom of the form table
[/size][size=31]#SAFC[/size][size=31] haven’t lost a home league this season.[/size]

[size=31]Live onSky.[/size]

[size=31]It couldnt could it? [/size]

Banned!

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-13, 10:25 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
gil t azell wrote:[size=31]Accrington haven’t won any of their last 6 league games
Bottom of the form table
[/size][size=31]#SAFC[/size][size=31] haven’t lost a home league this season.[/size]

Banned!
WE NEED A VOTE, DO WE

1. BAN HIM
  2. BEAT HIM UP
  3. FORCE HIM TO WATCH NEWCASTLE GAMES
  4. STOP HIS DRINK

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-02-14, 4:27 am

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
gil t azell wrote:[size=33]Accrington haven’t won any of their last 6 league games
Bottom of the form table
[/size][size=33]#SAFC[/size][size=33] haven’t lost a home league this season.[/size]

[size=33]Live onSky.[/size]

[size=33]It couldnt could it? [/size]

Banned!
WE NEED A VOTE, DO WE

1. BAN HIM
  2. BEAT HIM UP
  4. STOP HIS DRINK

I vote for all four  Twisted Evil

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-02-14, 5:19 am

canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
gil t azell wrote:[size=33]Accrington haven’t won any of their last 6 league games
Bottom of the form table
[/size][size=33]#SAFC[/size][size=33] haven’t lost a home league this season.[/size]

[size=33]Live onSky.[/size]

[size=33]It couldnt could it? [/size]

Banned!
WE NEED A VOTE, DO WE

1. BAN HIM
  2. BEAT HIM UP
  4. STOP HIS DRINK

I vote for all four  Twisted Evil
Change the order of punishment from 4 to 1
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-14, 8:13 am

We need to be very careful or we could easily drive him to drink

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-02-14, 8:35 am

cyprussyd wrote:We need to be very careful or we could easily drive him to drink

Not by the Duke of Edinburgh, he's handed back his licence  Laughing

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-02-14, 6:03 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
Bottom of the form table

Banned!
WE NEED A VOTE, DO WE

1. BAN HIM.                                                                Bit harsh.
  2. BEAT HIM UP.                                                        Depending who was doing the beating up (J & H) I would possibly pay good money for the pain.
  3. FORCE HIM TO WATCH NEWCASTLE GAMES.        That is outrageous and I would rather circumcise myself with a blunt instument and then sit in a bath of salt n vinegar.
  4. STOP HIS DRINK.                                                  Extremely harsh.

gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-15, 9:56 am

Well after missing the last two games I cant tell just how excited I am about catching the bus tonight, taking my seat in the stadium and getting my first look at some of our new players.

I have a feeling we will start with Wyke and Grigg and I can see a very productive partnership. Of course a few have already written them off, funny way of supporting IMO.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-02-15, 11:34 am

cyprussyd wrote:Well after missing the last two games I cant tell just how excited I am about catching the bus tonight, taking my seat in the stadium and getting my first look at some of our new players.

I have a feeling we will start with Wyke and Grigg and I can see a very productive partnership. Of course a few have already written them off, funny way of supporting IMO.
Nice to see the part timers returning.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-15, 11:48 am

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Well after missing the last two games I cant tell just how excited I am about catching the bus tonight, taking my seat in the stadium and getting my first look at some of our new players.

Nice to see the part timers returning.
And on a Friday night

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-02-15, 11:48 am

Despite various jinxes or hexes being invoked..

We just need to play better... Tuesday passing and pressing was poor and we can do it... Greggs has had his misses if he gets chances let's hope he hits the back if the net.

We do need to create more chances... final ball crosses/passes into their area has to be better. Leadbetter's corners are generally good, hence a couple of goals from CBs.
I really want a clean sheet and a couple of goals from us... and a performance that looks as if we had spent some time on the training pitch.. working on tactics and style of play.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-15, 1:19 pm

MCLAUGHLIN
MATTHEWS  DUNNE  BALDWIN  OVIEDO
ONIEN LEADBITTER HONEYMAN
GOOCH  GRIGG MCREADY
Ruiter Sterling Maguire Flanagan Morgan Wyke James

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-02-15, 1:37 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
MCLAUGHLIN
GOOCH  GRIGG MCREADY
I would like to see Oviedo or Hume in there but not sure either of them are ready to start. I would also play Morgan from the start and drop McGeady.
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-15, 2:08 pm

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
MCLAUGHLIN
GOOCH  GRIGG MCREADY
I would like to see Oviedo or Hume in there but not sure either of them are ready to start. I would also play Morgan from the start and drop McGeady.
I know Hume is not ready but not sure on Oviedo. With the squad now we, or Ross has options all over the park and he could bring Cattermole, McGeough Power, Sterling, Morgamn or Maguire in and none IMO would weaken us.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-02-15, 4:55 pm

Regardless of who he picks or what formation we will be extremely happy when we come home  from the SoL tonight with a bloody good display and a few goals. Grigg hat trick and a few more from others.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum