SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Div 1 Table
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Play offs
Man City close in on Sunderland whizkid Morten Spencer aged just 14 EmptyToday at 8:55 pm by Silvers

» Peterborough V Sunderland
Man City close in on Sunderland whizkid Morten Spencer aged just 14 EmptyToday at 8:08 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» From overseas
Man City close in on Sunderland whizkid Morten Spencer aged just 14 EmptyToday at 5:15 pm by Silvers

» Todays games watch
Man City close in on Sunderland whizkid Morten Spencer aged just 14 EmptyToday at 3:02 pm by barrowmackem

» Bottom Line........ 4 wins and we are up...
Man City close in on Sunderland whizkid Morten Spencer aged just 14 EmptyToday at 1:03 pm by canary-dave

» Predictions Easter Monday
Man City close in on Sunderland whizkid Morten Spencer aged just 14 EmptyToday at 9:34 am by Terrapinic

» The half time challenge, love it
Man City close in on Sunderland whizkid Morten Spencer aged just 14 EmptyYesterday at 9:45 pm by Hieronymus

» It's Easter
Man City close in on Sunderland whizkid Morten Spencer aged just 14 EmptyYesterday at 3:23 pm by Hieronymus

» Missing fans
Man City close in on Sunderland whizkid Morten Spencer aged just 14 EmptyYesterday at 8:58 am by gil t azell

» The story wont go away
Man City close in on Sunderland whizkid Morten Spencer aged just 14 EmptyYesterday at 4:02 am by cretanmakem

Man City close in on Sunderland whizkid Morten Spencer aged just 14

Go down

Man City close in on Sunderland whizkid Morten Spencer aged just 14 Empty Man City close in on Sunderland whizkid Morten Spencer aged just 14

Post  Silvers on 2019-02-10, 6:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

MANCHESTER CITY are set to sign Sunderland whizkid Morten Spencer — at the age of just 14.
City will have to pay compensation for the England youth cap, who plays left wing and attacking midfield.
He is one of many top talents at Sunderland’s academy who have been snapped up by bigger clubs recently.
The fee is likely to be around £200,000 for the starlet, with League One Black Cats also making sure they are entitled to a slice of any future profits.
Etihad boss Pep Guardiola’s scouts are under orders to find home-grown talent, as well as scouring the globe for the next generation of superstars.
City's haul of expensive imports means they, along with Paris Saint-Germain, have been monitored by Uefa over Financial Fair Play.
Yet new figures show they have dropped to third in the list of Premier League wage-payers.
Manchester United still top the list, with an annual bill of £296million, but Liverpool are now second on £263m.

Citty's £260m puts them a comfortable £16m clear of Chelsea, with Arsenal fifth on £223m.
But Mauricio Pochettino continues to defy the link between budget and Prem position.
Tottenham paid out "just" £160m for his squad's wages, but Poch's stylists are behind only Liverpool and City in the table.
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Man City close in on Sunderland whizkid Morten Spencer aged just 14 Empty Re: Man City close in on Sunderland whizkid Morten Spencer aged just 14

Post  Silvers on 2019-02-10, 6:58 pm

Sunderland wage bill £20m+

Quite a gap...
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Man City close in on Sunderland whizkid Morten Spencer aged just 14 Empty Re: Man City close in on Sunderland whizkid Morten Spencer aged just 14

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-10, 8:05 pm

Silvers wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sunderland wage bill £20m+

Quite a gap...
Yes it was true in June 2018 when printed

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2019-02-10, 9:17 pm

Well, excuse me .............

The Sun story is dated 9th February ... yesterday.
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-02-10, 10:01 pm

Oh no. I don’t know what to say tbh, don’t know the lad but after a great day of footy I feel a bit embarrassed now.
I’ve had a little too much to drink but if he’s good I hope you keep him.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2019-02-10, 10:50 pm

Very Happy
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-10, 11:21 pm

Silvers wrote:Well, excuse me .............

It sure is but the one about the wage bill is way out of date, we are still trying to sell Rodwell in that one. Thats why it is the one I quoted

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-02-11, 9:05 am

Silvers wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

MANCHESTER CITY are set to sign Sunderland whizkid Morten Spencer — at the age of just 14.
City will have to pay compensation for the England youth cap, who plays left wing and attacking midfield.
He is one of many top talents at Sunderland’s academy who have been snapped up by bigger clubs recently.
The fee is likely to be around £200,000 for the starlet, with League One Black Cats also making sure they are entitled to a slice of any future profits.
Etihad boss Pep Guardiola’s scouts are under orders to find home-grown talent, as well as scouring the globe for the next generation of superstars.
City's haul of expensive imports means they, along with Paris Saint-Germain, have been monitored by Uefa over Financial Fair Play.
Yet new figures show they have dropped to third in the list of Premier League wage-payers.
Manchester United still top the list, with an annual bill of £296million, but Liverpool are now second on £263m.

Citty's £260m puts them a comfortable £16m clear of Chelsea, with Arsenal fifth on £223m.
But Mauricio Pochettino continues to defy the link between budget and Prem position.
Tottenham paid out "just" £160m for his squad's wages, but Poch's stylists are behind only Liverpool and City in the table.

Annoying. We need to hold on to our young talent.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2019-02-11, 9:38 am

Our wage bill is high, mainly cos' of Catts and Ovideo and perhaps a couple others.

Unless your owners are multi billionaires then you are going to be a selling club. Either with home grown academy talent or cheaper overseas players you then sell on. That is the business model for many clubs as they struggle most years and make losses. Sales are needed to make up the shortfall. With the young man above pity we could not have held onto him for a few more years and sold him for 10s of £ million, as with Maja..grrr
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2019-02-11, 9:38 am

N
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2019-02-12, 1:31 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Silvers wrote:Well, excuse me .............

It sure is but the one about the wage bill is way out of date, we are still trying to sell Rodwell in that one. Thats why it is the one I quoted

Well, that has saved another million or two.

I was only making the point of how far away we are now  (at this moment in time) from being a Premier Club able to pay Premier wages.
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-02-12, 6:52 pm

This kind of thing fills me with dread for our long and short term future as he will not have been the only one noted either by City or others. My fear is that we cannot or are not allowed to prevent this kind of thing much the same as ManU lost Pogba.

For the longer term I honestly feel that we are in danger of becoming a spent force destined to spend a long time outside the Prem unless we attract some financial investment for JR to go for players who will give us a longer term stability. Our new owners are doing and saying all the right things but surely they have to become more active in seeking funding to springboard us upward.   I recall they have a fiver year plan, but Joe Stalin had about four without much to show for it.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2019-02-18, 11:12 am

Sky Bet Championship side Middlesbrough are set to beat Manchester City in the race to sign Sunderland youngster Morten Spencer, according to reports from Norwegian media outlet TV2.
The 14-year old has caught the eye in the last year after impressing at the Academy of Light, and was called up to the England under-15 squad at the beginning of this season.
Premier League champions Manchester City were believed to be interested in the exciting attacker, with the hierarchy at the Etihad Stadium keen to bring young English talent into the club, having also been linked with Leeds United’s Jack Clarke.
Reports from The Sun claimed that the Citizens would have had to pay a compensation fee in the region of £200,000, as well as being entitled to pay the Black Cats any future sell-on clauses and profits.
But Spencer’s mother Heidi, who hails from Norwegian descent, revealed to TV2 that the youngster is set to snub interest from City, and make the short trip to Middlesbrough.
She said“Manchester City is one of the clubs that has shown interest, in the beginning, Morten would probably also go there, but that would mean that he had to move away from home to live and play there.”
“Eventually, we have felt that City is such a large club with quite a few talents that are eventually sent out on loans – therefore, we have looked at other alternatives. It’s so close that we can stay where we live now. and in the long term, we believe this is the best solution for Morten’s development.”
Middlesbrough have many talented youngsters in their ranks, and Tony Pulis will be hoping that Spencer is another one for the future at the Riverside.

Boro sit three points clear of 7th position in the Championship table, after a solitary strike from Britt Assombalonga secured all three points for Pulis’ men against Blackburn Rovers at the weekend.

Even more disappointing now.
He would rather go to Boro than stay with SAFC

.. if true of course.  (It's in the papers so MUST be true)
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-18, 12:08 pm

It will be company for McNair.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-02-18, 1:36 pm

Well I’m glad City are out of the running but that’s only a personal thing.

I’m really surprised they are considering Middlesbrough though.  No disrespect to that club but from where I sit Sunderland are by far the better option despite your present and temporary predicament.

We’ve lost three quality youth players in the past 18 months but that’s because they couldn’t break into the first team which although very disappointing it’s understandable. Those three were all in their late teens though, a bit different to a 14 year old who is clearly doing well at Sunderland as it is.

There aren’t many better feelings as a fan to see a youth player come through the ranks as they are one of you’re own. Here’s hoping the silly little bugger or more importantly his advisers see sense.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-02-18, 1:38 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:Well I’m glad City are out of the running but that’s only a personal thing.

I’m really surprised they are considering Middlesbrough though.  No disrespect to that club but from where I sit Sunderland are by far the better option despite your present and temporary predicament.

We’ve lost three quality youth players in the past 18 months but that’s because they couldn’t break into the first team which although very disappointing it’s understandable. Those three were all in their late teens though, a bit different to a 14 year old who is clearly doing well at Sunderland as it is.

There aren’t many better feelings as a fan to see a youth player come through the ranks as they are one of you’re own. Here’s hoping the silly little bugger or more importantly his advisers see sense.
He everyone and his dog all think the grass is greener 
Is it ever ..?.?
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-02-18, 1:40 pm

Vincemac wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:Well I’m glad City are out of the running but that’s only a personal thing.

He everyone and his dog all think the grass is greener 
Is it ever ..?.?
I’ve been to Middlesbrough.  The only grass is the stuff you smoke.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum