SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Predictions Week 08
SUNDERLAND V BLACKPOOL - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:34 pm by Hieronymus

» RESULTS OF WEEK 5 AND FIXTURES FOR WEEK 6
SUNDERLAND V BLACKPOOL - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:28 pm by Hieronymus

» Results Mid week 7
SUNDERLAND V BLACKPOOL - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:32 pm by Vincemac

» Rumours getting stronger
SUNDERLAND V BLACKPOOL - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 6:39 pm by Hieronymus

» Sunderland v Rotherham United
SUNDERLAND V BLACKPOOL - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 6:32 pm by gil t azell

» League Table Mid week 7
SUNDERLAND V BLACKPOOL - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 12:17 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions
SUNDERLAND V BLACKPOOL - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:11 am by oxfordshire

» Predictions Mid week 07
SUNDERLAND V BLACKPOOL - Page 2 Empty2019-09-17, 1:20 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Predictions Week 11
SUNDERLAND V BLACKPOOL - Page 2 Empty2019-09-17, 7:57 am by canary-dave

» Predictions Week 10
SUNDERLAND V BLACKPOOL - Page 2 Empty2019-09-17, 7:54 am by canary-dave

SUNDERLAND V BLACKPOOL

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SUNDERLAND V BLACKPOOL - Page 2 Empty Re: SUNDERLAND V BLACKPOOL

Post  Kipper on 2019-02-13, 9:45 am

Well, I was surprised at the line-up but reasonably pleased because it seemed quite attacking in the personnel. Nobody can complain that Ross hasn't tried something different. By the time we finished we had Grigg, Watmore and Wyke on so the intent was there.

A few comments on some of the players:

Leadbitter - He played some good balls but also did a few awful passes. His corners are better than we've had for a while. The thing that frustrated me about him last night was that when he gets the ball he seems to want to analyse all his options for too long which slows the pace down. You can't do it all game, but there are times last night that I thought if we'd have gone at 100 mile an hour thinking forward and attack then that would have worked - Blackpool couldn't handle it when we went at them with speed.

McGeady - always from brilliant to frustrating. Again sometimes he slows it down too much for me -  just because you can easily beat people, it doesn't mean it's OK to wait for them to get in position.

Morgan - want to see more of him. He's got a lot of qualities I like.

Dunne - he's looking class and we need his height

Grigg - oh dear - I hope that doesn't ruin his confidence. He will come good. Friday night he'll have 3. Please nobody get on his back.

Watmore - still loving his pace on the ball and we missed a few opportunities by not making the right pass to him. There were times when he could have been running on to the ball past the defenders but the ball wasn't put in the right place. Sometimes runs into a wall as he's not looked for the pass himself.

I left reasonably sharpish after the game. I hope the booing I heard was for the ref (usual League 1 standard), not our players. We keep going over this but booing should be reserved for players who can't be bothered to put a shift on, not this team of tryers.

I thought the Blackpool tactic of slowing the game down by just sitting down on their arses was appalling and a couple should have been carded for it and the ref should have carried on with game. The game should be stopped for head injuries but the rest can wait and they weren't even injuries, it was just a case of, well I think I'll bugger things up by having a sit down.

Well, that's my take. Ross has some thinking to do and I'm looking forward to tonking Stanley on Friday which will get us on a winning streak again. Hope you make it Syd.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-02-13, 9:47 am

There is a good cushion of 9 points between safc and Peterborough in 7th position, plus a better goal difference; so effectively a 10 point cushion.

It would indicate play-offs at the very LEAST.

As I said earlier... all to play for.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-13, 9:52 am

Silvers wrote:There is a good cushion of 9 points between safc and Peterborough in 7th position, plus a better goal difference; so effectively a 10 point cushion.

It would indicate play-offs at the very LEAST.

As I said earlier... all to play for.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2019-02-13, 11:20 am

canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now 16 games unbeaten and still 4th in the league with games coming thick and fast. Of course its always a disappointment when we dont win but is it the end of the world? No, last season was the end of the world, I will move heaven and earth to be there for every game from now on this season to support Ross and his team, whoever that team is, its what supporters do.

You are definitely a top supporter Syd, I hope Annette improves so you can get the chance to roar on the boys. 

Love and best wishes to Annette  like
like like like
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2019-02-13, 12:29 pm

To me the most important thing about this team is that they don't give up
Despite the misses, some wayward passing, bullying by Blackpool and amazing refereeing decisions, at no point did I seriously think we'd come away with nothing
Would have preferred the win obviously, but will settle for the dogged draw
Jerry the Jinx
Jerry the Jinx
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-13, 1:15 pm

Jerry the Jinx wrote:To me the most important thing about this team is that they don't give up
Despite the misses, some wayward passing, bullying by Blackpool and amazing refereeing decisions, at no point did I seriously think we'd come away with nothing
Would have preferred the win obviously, but will settle for the dogged draw
like like like like like like

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-02-13, 1:25 pm

I think this is spot on:

On Saturday evening Jack Ross looked to brush off the disappointment of another 1-1 draw by looking ahead to 'a massive week'. Win three home games and Sunderland would be in an OK position. Will Grigg suffered a frustrating home debut for Sunderland Fail to do that, and criticism would follow. So Ross will be braced for the frustration that will follow yet another stalemate. Incredibly, this was the sixth 1-1 draw in just eight league games. It is a dip in results that has seen Sunderland drop off the pace in the push for automatic promotion. Yet Ross was bullish in his post-match comments and that was not without merit. The criticism of his side of late has not just been that the results have been mixed, but that the performances have been flat.Continue that way, not creative enough, not aggressive enough, and bigger problems would follow. The way the Black Cats struggled against lowly Oxford brought that particular concern to a head.So Ross was keen to point out that on this occasion, his Sunderland side played well and were far more productive in the final third. Quite rightly, he said that reproducing this performance every game this season would mean more wins than draws or losses.Sunderland had more shots, more shots on target, more possession, more clear openings. If it has been fair to question the Black Cats when they have not done that in recent games, it must be noted when they do. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] They provided two glorious chances for Will Grigg, who will surely score plenty between now and the end of the season if that service is repeated. They battled back from a real wobble at the start of the second half when their structure and shape disappeared, to rescue a point and come close to landing all three. Ross himself responded to recent failings by freshening up his side and his system, the results mixed. Duncan Watmore made a big difference on the right flank, carrying the ball well and making excellent runs into the channels that Blackpool struggled to pick up all game. Lynden Gooch dropped into central midfield, a call that didn't come off but generally speaking, the changes made Sunderland more fluid and more dynamic.They certainly made the pitch longer and wider, as Ross is always looking for. It was far from perfect. The habit of slowing attacks down when reaching the final third persists and after a bright start, the tempo certainly dropped. Later in the game they were not helped, it must be said, by quite extraordinary timewasting from the visiting side.It is a quirk of this often baffling division that a side sat two places below the play-off places would quite so happily settle for a point way before the closing stages of the game even came onto the horizon. From Sunderland's perspective, it was a performance that was better and yet quite clearly not enough. Ross was justified in his bullishness after this particular draw but he will also acutely understand the reality of the bigger picture.Barnsley and Luton have picked up twice as many points from their last six games.The former have scored twice as many goals in that time and the latter are not far behind. Automatic promotion is now out of Sunderland's hands.They cannot, as Ross had hoped, put pressure on the top two by usurping Barnsley before they next play on Saturday. The points-per-game ratio has fallen below two and will remain that way even if three points are gathered against Accrington. Put simply, this Sunderland side is one that of late, is falling short of the standards Ross himself has set for the season.The Black Cats boss knows, too, that the sheer size of his squad and the quality of the players missing will bring a unique pressure if results do not turn.This was without question a step back in the right direction, a performance that Ross said 'he would put his name to every day'.In isolation, most would agree with that.The understandable concern nevertheless is that regardless of that improvement, momentum is not with Sunderland and time is ticking to turn that around. At the moment, the drawing habit, whether performances are good or bad, is leaving them off the pace.

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: