SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» FFP, FPP
I may vote Tory EmptyToday at 10:27 am by Kipper

» Bolton Wanders v Sunderland AFC
I may vote Tory EmptyToday at 7:33 am by gil t azell

» Predictions Week 08
I may vote Tory EmptyYesterday at 9:34 pm by Hieronymus

» RESULTS OF WEEK 5 AND FIXTURES FOR WEEK 6
I may vote Tory EmptyYesterday at 9:28 pm by Hieronymus

» Results Mid week 7
I may vote Tory EmptyYesterday at 8:32 pm by Vincemac

» Rumours getting stronger
I may vote Tory EmptyYesterday at 6:39 pm by Hieronymus

» Sunderland v Rotherham United
I may vote Tory EmptyYesterday at 6:32 pm by gil t azell

» League Table Mid week 7
I may vote Tory EmptyYesterday at 12:17 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions
I may vote Tory EmptyYesterday at 11:11 am by oxfordshire

» Predictions Mid week 07
I may vote Tory Empty2019-09-17, 1:20 pm by Gordon Armstrong

I may vote Tory

Go down

I may vote Tory Empty I may vote Tory

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-08, 3:11 pm

Well I have thought long and hard and maybe the Corbyn bashes are right, maybe it's time to abstain or vote Tory, either way helps to keep the Tories in government.

So what persuaded me well it's simple really, I don't use food banks, claim universal credit, need to work, my pension is safe, I dont sleep on the streets. I have a nice home, drive a nice car, have my season ticket and Sky TV.

TBF I am OK, my GP's practice is a good one and we have no stabbings, anti social behavior or even a mosque, our religious intolerance revolves around church fairs, its a bugger if the Protestants, Methodist and Catholic churches have them the same day.
So yes, it's time to be selfish and abstain or better still vote Boris.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

I may vote Tory Empty Re: I may vote Tory

Post  Guest on 2019-02-08, 6:38 pm

Red on the outside blue inside 

Or just bored stirring up trouble? Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-08, 6:48 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Red on the outside blue inside 

Or just bored stirring up trouble? Cool
Me never

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-02-08, 6:57 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Well I have thought long and hard and maybe the Corbyn bashes are right, maybe it's time to abstain or vote Tory, either way helps to keep the Tories in government.

So what persuaded me well it's simple really, I don't use food banks, claim universal credit, need to work, my pension is safe, I dont sleep on the streets. I have a nice home, drive a nice car, have my season ticket and Sky TV.

TBF I am OK, my GP's practice is a good one and we have no stabbings, anti social behavior or even a mosque, our religious intolerance revolves around church fairs, its a bugger if the Protestants, Methodist and Catholic churches have them the same day.
I would rather stick my genitals in a bees nest.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-02-08, 8:45 pm

gil t azell wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Well I have thought long and hard and maybe the Corbyn bashes are right, maybe it's time to abstain or vote Tory, either way helps to keep the Tories in government.

I would rather stick my genitals in a bees nest.
Yeh me too
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-02-08, 9:31 pm

Well, I can't say I am 100% labour. Neither am I 100% against the tories.

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-02-09, 8:06 am

This is a horrible cruel Tory government and I hope they are replaced....I'm not convinced Jeremy is the man to do it though...but do you vote for Labour just to get the Tories out...or do you vote for someone else (or no one) and suffer more misery under the Tories?.....voting Labour just to get the Tories out is wrong imo....what a mess....but what other choice do we have?
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-02-09, 8:42 am

oldblackcat wrote:This is a horrible cruel Tory government and I hope they are replaced....I'm not convinced Jeremy is the man to do it though...but do you vote for Labour just to get the Tories out...or do you vote for someone else (or no one) and suffer more misery under the Tories?.....voting Labour just to get the Tories out is wrong imo....what a mess....but what other choice do we have?

Jeremy Corbyn and Diane Abbot are just two people in a party of hundreds  When Labour are voted into power  Jeremy's and Diane's wishes need a majority from those hundreds before their ideas can become law 

For God's sake wake up and smell the coffee!!!!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-02-09, 10:41 am

oldblackcat wrote:This is a horrible cruel Tory government and I hope they are replaced....I'm not convinced Jeremy is the man to do it though...but do you vote for Labour just to get the Tories out...or do you vote for someone else (or no one) and suffer more misery under the Tories?.....voting Labour just to get the Tories out is wrong imo....what a mess....but what other choice do we have?
Okay I had to bite eventually Razz

YES, YES, YES!!! No matter what you feel about individuals you vote to get the Tories and this dreadful Government OUT!

I know Syd started this thread to provoke but it staggers me that anyone from the North East could contemplate not voting Labour when they can see the inequality and economic devastation, deliberately caused by the Tories (and their Lib Dem collaborators), all around us.

Just look at the country we have become, with people, including the disabled, suffering and dying due to cruel benefit sanctions, working people needing foodbanks to feed their families, diseases like rickets and scarlet fever on the rise, thousands of homeless on the streets and all the while the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Just tell me how exactly anyone could do a worse job than this Government? Remember that the first duty of any Government should be to protect all of its citizens. Is that what anyone honestly believes this Government is doing - or are they protecting the status quo, their landowning pals and their mates in the City? How many bankers went to prison after the 2008 crash? Yes that is right precisely NONE! That alone should tel you the whole system is wrong and needs radical reform.

I do not agree 100% with Labour Party policies and nor do I care for some of the current crop of Labour MPs (mind I like 99% of Tory MPs a lot less!) but no one is asking me to. Political parties are made up of people at the end of the day and no one gets along with everyone. But would anyone really penalise family, friends and neighbours and vote Tory, just because you are not too keen on one or two Labour MPs? Seriously?
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-02-09, 11:12 am

Hieronymus wrote:

YES, YES, YES!!! No matter what you feel about individuals you vote to get the Tories and this dreadful Government OUT!

I know Syd started this thread to provoke but it staggers me that anyone from the North East could contemplate not voting Labour when they can see the inequality and economic devastation, deliberately caused by the Tories (and their Lib Dem collaborators), all around us.

Just look at the country we have become, with people, including the disabled, suffering and dying due to cruel benefit sanctions, working people needing foodbanks to feed their families, diseases like rickets and scarlet fever on the rise, thousands of homeless on the streets and all the while the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Just tell me how exactly anyone could do a worse job than this Government? Remember that the first duty of any Government should be to protect all of its citizens. Is that what anyone honestly believes this Government is doing - or are they protecting the status quo, their landowning pals and their mates in the City? How many bankers went to prison after the 2008 crash? Yes that is right precisely NONE! That alone should tel you the whole system is wrong and needs radical reform.

I do not agree 100% with Labour Party policies and nor do I care for some of the current crop of Labour MPs (mind I like 99% of Tory MPs a lot less!) but no one is asking me to. Political parties are made up of people at the end of the day and no one gets along with everyone. But would anyone really penalise family, friends and neighbours and vote Tory, just because you are not too keen on one or two Labour MPs? Seriously?

IIRC your area had a liberal MP Beith? for years now there is a Tory.. any chance of a labour MP next election.. was the area leave or remain and what is the current MPs view/voting record?

Last edited by sunderpitt on 2019-02-09, 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-09, 11:12 am

Hieronymus wrote:

I must admit for a time there I was getting worried that people seemed to think I was voting Conservative and had missed my point.

Jerremy Corbyn seems a very nice man but like others I dont know if he is the right man, I also know he is the only man, he will not be replaced so it really is labour, tory or ANO and that will let the tories in.

I know we have tory supporters on the forum and thats fine, its what democracy is all about. I also know that my vote in many ways does not count, we will have a labour MP in Durham regardless of who I vote for.

My hunch is that it will all come down to manifestos and I have great faith that the labour manifesto will be a good one.
The tories wont be a bad one but two key questions will decide it.

1. Can we believe the Tory manifesto? Experience of them in office would suggest not.
2. Can labour afford their manifesto? If you are struggling bat the bottom will you care.

I honestly find it hard to believe a labour government or indeed any government could be worse than what we have for the many at the bottom of the pile but, the point of my post was to provoke one thought, what will those doing OK vote?

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-02-09, 2:37 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

IIRC your area had a liberal MP Beith? for years now there is a Tory.. any chance of a labour MP next election.. was the area leave or remain and what is the current MPs view/voting record?
Yes Alan Beith who did very little for North Northumberland in all his 42 years as an MP and is now a Lord for his trouble. Since 2015 we have Anne-Marie Trevelyan as Berwick MP - funded by "Ukrainian" money and won due to Tory targeting the seat in 2015 after Beith's retirement so she had Lynton Crosby doing all the groundwork and loads of money thrown at her campaign too. Meanwhile Labour had two beans to rub together but our candidate still pushed Lib dems into third place in 2017.

AMT voting record is appalling, basically complete opposite to everything i would vote for if I were an MP. She is a rabid brexiteer (she was one of the gang with Farage tipping fish into the Thames) and is part of Rees-Mogg's set. You can often see her smirking as she sits near to him during PMQ's (so she gets her face on TV!). She is a dreadful Constituency MP - never seen nor heard unless there is a photo opportunity. 54% voted leave in Berwick mainly due to the promises made to farmers and fishermen who are all going to get a sharp shock in 6 weeks time, but also due to our communities being ignored and taken for granted by successive governments for far too long - and that includes New Labour.

As for next election, well I am Berwick Constituency Secretary and will be part of the selection panel choosing our next candidate, a process we are just starting here. Hoping to have someone in place by mid-summer. Labour HQ have recognised that AMT is not well liked and since I was elected Secretary in 2017 we have done enormous amounts to raise the profile of Labour in north Northumberland. Before 2015 election we only had 150 members and now we have over 600 for instance. But we are realistic and know it will be a struggle against her Tory machine. Believe me though it will not be for the lack of effort on my part, or my merry band of about 40 activists who are out there doing street stalls or knocking on doors listening to residents concerns and showing them that Labour has a better way. Berwick has never had a Labour MP so it will be a tough gig, but we are hopeful of a close run thing this time. And who knows what might happen - all I can say is the next General Election cannot come soon enough for me!
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-02-09, 4:15 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

Yes Alan Beith who did very little for North Northumberland in all his 42 years as an MP and is now a Lord for his trouble. Since 2015 we have Anne-Marie Trevelyan as Berwick MP - funded by "Ukrainian" money and won due to Tory targeting the seat in 2015 after Beith's retirement so she had Lynton Crosby doing all the groundwork and loads of money thrown at her campaign too. Meanwhile Labour had two beans to rub together but our candidate still pushed Lib dems into third place in 2017.

AMT voting record is appalling, basically complete opposite to everything i would vote for if I were an MP. She is a rabid brexiteer (she was one of the gang with Farage tipping fish into the Thames) and is part of Rees-Mogg's set. You can often see her smirking as she sits near to him during PMQ's (so she gets her face on TV!). She is a dreadful Constituency MP - never seen nor heard unless there is a photo opportunity. 54% voted leave in Berwick mainly due to the promises made to farmers and fishermen who are all going to get a sharp shock in 6 weeks time, but also due to our communities being ignored and taken for granted by successive governments for far too long - and that includes New Labour.

As for next election, well I am Berwick Constituency Secretary and will be part of the selection panel choosing our next candidate, a process we are just starting here. Hoping to have someone in place by mid-summer. Labour HQ have recognised that AMT is not well liked and since I was elected Secretary in 2017 we have done enormous amounts to raise the profile of Labour in north Northumberland. Before 2015 election we only had 150 members and now we have over 600 for instance. But we are realistic and know it will be a struggle against her Tory machine. Believe me though it will not be for the lack of effort on my part, or my merry band of about 40 activists who are out there doing street stalls or knocking on doors listening to residents concerns and showing them that Labour has a better way. Berwick has never had a Labour MP so it will be a tough gig, but we are hopeful of a close run thing this time. And who knows what might happen - all I can say is the next General Election cannot come soon enough for me!

Bonus chance 

IIRCcos Beith was a liberal and had no clout.very little happened with any govt Grant's etc
 The A1 was never going to be dual carriageway for instance. Although the Duck and Duckess did get a load of EU? Money to tart up Alnwick Castle. Then although local could volunteer to work in the gardens there was no free entry

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-02-10, 10:39 am

Hieronymus wrote:

The point I was trying to make is that I have no faith in the Tory government and will probably vote Labour..... but I should be voting Labour because I believe they are the best way forward rather than voting for them just because they or anyone else (as you state) can't do worse than the present government?

I didn't say I would vote Tory (the last thing I would do) because I'm not keen on one or two Labour MP's either...... but I do have doubts on Jeremy's abilities and if I have, many others will and this could possibly lead to them voting for someone else or no-one which could keep the Tories in power...which would be a catastrophe

I wasn't expecting to provoke a "bite" from you but welcome your views Smile 

I also know that Syd's post was a piss take....I thought it was quite funny
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-10, 10:47 am

Andrew Marr said something very un marrish at the start of his show today when he said the Sunder papers were making a big attack on the Labour leader.

For the BBC to acknowledge any attack on Corbyn as attack not fact is very unusual but the signs for me are that a general election is near.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-10, 10:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-02-10, 11:16 am

cyprussyd wrote:Andrew Marr said something very un marrish at the start of his show today when he said the Sunder papers were making a big attack on the Labour leader.

For the BBC to acknowledge any attack on Corbyn as attack not fact is very unusual but the signs for me are that a general election is near.

Who knows, will May stand do you think... if she does will it this is my Brexit deal as a manifesto?

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-10, 11:20 am

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Andrew Marr said something very un marrish at the start of his show today when he said the Sunder papers were making a big attack on the Labour leader.

Who knows, will May stand do you think... if she does will it this is my Brexit deal as a manifesto?
Well Mrs May was very clever when she was challenged and promised not to lead the Tories into the 2022 GE but that left it very vague about any election before then.

I thin k we can be sure that May will back out on her deal but what will labour do?

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-02-10, 11:26 am

cyprussyd wrote:

If May got pregnant she would go into Labour.
I may vote Tory 51573034_2241105396129350_816563481577783296_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_eui2=AeEvkzBlDzDooMb6J_6_TnrvfUzoRXJ-ehQi70CX71GBvb7OsX8hG4CDh6pvjAidLcZOoJYqyBDAcREVJntwcSfK9e0TW3nbADpKWZ29_oabTQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-10, 11:49 am

Silvers wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

If May got pregnant she would go into Labour.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
You deserve a lifetime ban for that  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum