SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Accrington Stanley v Sunderland
This weekend EmptyToday at 2:13 pm by Hieronymus

» Sid MCFC an apology!
This weekend EmptyToday at 10:53 am by canary-dave

» Sunderland v Rotherham United
This weekend EmptyToday at 8:04 am by gil t azell

» Have i got my days mixed up
This weekend EmptyToday at 3:40 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Sunderland sue doctor for £13MILLION
This weekend EmptyYesterday at 4:47 pm by fitz

» Geoffrey Boycott!
This weekend EmptyYesterday at 10:58 am by canary-dave

» Predictions week 07
This weekend EmptyYesterday at 7:49 am by oldblackcat

» Watmore
This weekend Empty2019-09-13, 9:12 pm by Nostalgic

» Yellowhammer
This weekend Empty2019-09-13, 12:23 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Rumours getting stronger
This weekend Empty2019-09-13, 10:44 am by gil t azell


This weekend

Go down

This weekend Empty This weekend

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-06, 4:49 pm

We are away from home and how pleased am I, its looking like a very bad day to be sitting in Sunderland for a few hours, proper nippy.

Now this is my subtle way of asking the question, Sunderland, Man City or Norwich, whats your worst memories of winter days at the footy?

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49554
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 70
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

This weekend Empty Re: This weekend

Post  Vincemac on 2019-02-06, 5:35 pm

cyprussyd wrote:We are away from home and how pleased am I, its looking like a very bad day to be sitting in Sunderland for a few hours, proper nippy.

Now this is my subtle way of asking the question, Sunderland, Man City or Norwich, whats your worst memories of winter days at the footy?
Not cold 
But went to York November 1975 got drenched right through
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7702
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 67

Back to top Go down

This weekend Empty Re: This weekend

Post  canary-dave on 2019-02-06, 6:30 pm

The last season Norwich were relegated from the Prem. I went to see Norwich v Sunderland at Carrow Road  Our on loan full back played the ball and the Sunderland striker fell over the ball. 

Penalty says the ref  

Our striker is man-handled to the floor in the box 3 times. 

Nothing says the ref  

We lost 3-0  my Mackem friends stopped me feeling anti Sunderland

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 14732
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 71
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

This weekend Empty Re: This weekend

Post  gil t azell on 2019-02-06, 6:39 pm

QPR at home. Score 2-2. Took my nephew for his 1st game. In the East stand row 1. Hoyed it down all half SAFC 2-0 up at HT. Went and stood at the back and lo n behold it stopped raining. Went back to row 1 for the 2nd half and yes you have guessed. P*ssed down for the complete 2nd half and finished 2-2.

Burnley away. FA Cup. It had been cancelled 2 or 3 times due to bad weather. Travelled down in the buses me relatively still young ish (in my eyes anyway) wearing my SAFC shirt with just a T.shirt underneath. Anyway so far down bloody snow ( none in Sunderland) about the same height as the coach and I'm thinking I hope theres a C&A to buy a coat in the away end. There wasnt. Had a quick fight at the Turf Moor pub to warm myself up then went to the ground. To say it was cold would be an understatement. It was however to get worse. Got back to the coach and the bloody windows had been put out. I am not ashmed to say I almost cried with the cold.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 6079
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 59
Location : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

This weekend Empty Re: This weekend

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-06, 6:53 pm

Mine is far more general, days gone by standing on the Fulwell at Roker Park and the sea fret coming into your face from the sea, rain pelting down, cold on your feet from the cold concrete.

By kick off most of your body was numb, by half time you had no feeling and by full time walking was a struggle with dead head to foot and a cold that made your eyes perspire, men did not cry in those days.

I remember one game when we were crammed in so tight you could not move. I had my hands in my pockets to try and keep them warm and my nose started to run, how could I get it wimped, have no fear.

A lady was in front of me with long flowing hair blowing around in the wind.

Yes you guessed it, nose wipped.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49554
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 70
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

This weekend Empty Re: This weekend

Post  Mackemneil on 2019-02-06, 8:29 pm

gil t azell wrote:QPR at home. Score 2-2. Took my nephew for his 1st game. In the East stand row 1. Hoyed it down all half SAFC 2-0 up at HT. Went and stood at the back and lo n behold it stopped raining. Went back to row 1 for the 2nd half and yes you have guessed. P*ssed down for the complete 2nd half and finished 2-2.

Burnley away. FA Cup. It had been cancelled 2 or 3 times due to bad weather. Travelled down in the buses me relatively still young ish (in my eyes anyway) wearing my SAFC shirt with just a T.shirt underneath. Anyway so far down bloody snow ( none in Sunderland) about the same height as the coach and I'm thinking I hope theres a C&A to buy a coat in the away end. There wasnt. Had a quick fight at the Turf Moor pub to warm myself up then went to the ground. To say it was cold would be an understatement. It was however to get worse. Got back to the coach and the bloody windows had been put out. I am not ashmed to say I almost cried with the cold.
 Agree with QPR 2-2, west stand and about half way up lower level .....soaked down to my undies!!!

As a kid in boys enclosure watching games in the snow when the lines were cleared at half time and the ball was sticking in the snow, but never abandoned!!
Mackemneil
Mackemneil
MODERATOR
MODERATOR

Posts : 2398
Join date : 2012-08-10
Age : 64
Location : Holme on Spalding Moor, York

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

This weekend Empty Re: This weekend

Post  trouble_n_stripes on 2019-02-06, 9:58 pm

gil t azell wrote:QPR at home. Score 2-2. Took my nephew for his 1st game. In the East stand row 1. Hoyed it down all half SAFC 2-0 up at HT. Went and stood at the back and lo n behold it stopped raining. Went back to row 1 for the 2nd half and yes you have guessed. P*ssed down for the complete 2nd half and finished 2-2.

Burnley away. FA Cup. It had been cancelled 2 or 3 times due to bad weather. Travelled down in the buses me relatively still young ish (in my eyes anyway) wearing my SAFC shirt with just a T.shirt underneath. Anyway so far down bloody snow ( none in Sunderland) about the same height as the coach and I'm thinking I hope theres a C&A to buy a coat in the away end. There wasnt. Had a quick fight at the Turf Moor pub to warm myself up then went to the ground. To say it was cold would be an understatement. It was however to get worse. Got back to the coach and the bloody windows had been put out. I am not ashmed to say I almost cried with the cold.
QPR game you mention was that the Friday night game? Easter Weekend? 95/96 era. I travelled up from
Worcester took me 7 hours. Having left a nice Spring day to a Winters night at the Sol. Freezing cold,
intentions were to sleep over in the car?? 

Got back at around 2am. Seem to recall Ruddock and Vinny Jones playing for QPR back then.
trouble_n_stripes
trouble_n_stripes
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 897
Join date : 2012-08-10
Age : 51
Location : Cape Town

Back to top Go down

This weekend Empty Re: This weekend

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-02-07, 8:26 am

went to Preston on new years day once, got absolutely drenched my daughters were not to pleased.

To compound that we were 3-0 down and came back to 3-2 but Preston held on.

________________________________________________________
Sunderland AFC fans, (The Special Ones)
barrowmackem
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2805
Join date : 2014-09-29
Location : Barrow-in-Furness

Back to top Go down

This weekend Empty Re: This weekend

Post  Vincemac on 2019-02-07, 9:05 am

trouble_n_stripes wrote:
gil t azell wrote:QPR at home. Score 2-2. Took my nephew for his 1st game. In the East stand row 1. Hoyed it down all half SAFC 2-0 up at HT. Went and stood at the back and lo n behold it stopped raining. Went back to row 1 for the 2nd half and yes you have guessed. P*ssed down for the complete 2nd half and finished 2-2.

Burnley away. FA Cup. It had been cancelled 2 or 3 times due to bad weather. Travelled down in the buses me relatively still young ish (in my eyes anyway) wearing my SAFC shirt with just a T.shirt underneath. Anyway so far down bloody snow ( none in Sunderland) about the same height as the coach and I'm thinking I hope theres a C&A to buy a coat in the away end. There wasnt. Had a quick fight at the Turf Moor pub to warm myself up then went to the ground. To say it was cold would be an understatement. It was however to get worse. Got back to the coach and the bloody windows had been put out. I am not ashmed to say I almost cried with the cold.
QPR game you mention was that the Friday night game? Easter Weekend? 95/96 era. I travelled up from
Worcester took me 7 hours. Having left a nice Spring day to a Winters night at the Sol. Freezing cold,
intentions were to sleep over in the car?? 

Got back at around 2am. Seem to recall Ruddock and Vinny Jones playing for QPR back then.

Hi how are you
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7702
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 67

Back to top Go down

This weekend Empty Re: This weekend

Post  Guest on 2019-02-07, 9:48 am

A more recent memory was when in march/April we had a snow blizzard and the game was started but abandoned as the players were sliding around all over the pitch and a couple of them were injured. Fulham?

The chant was 'Welcome to springtime in Sunderland '

Yes I also remember the haar coming in at Roker Park
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

This weekend Empty Re: This weekend

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-02-07, 12:15 pm

Too many to mention in my younger days.  Nowadays it’s long johns and the full monty, I even look like the Michelin Man in August.

In recent years though it has to be Basel away last year, it was minus 100 and I was on the front row.  I see Syd only had a runny nose, my snot froze.  I couldn’t stand it and missed the last 10 minutes.  Oh and to cap it off the average cost of a pint was 9 quid.

If we ever draw them again I’m staying at home and they can shove their tobalarone up their arse.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 634
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

This weekend Empty Re: This weekend

Post  canary-dave on 2019-02-07, 1:21 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:Too many to mention in my younger days.  Nowadays it’s long johns and the full monty, I even look like the Michelin Man in August.

In recent years though it has to be Basel away last year, it was minus 100 and I was on the front row.  I see Syd only had a runny nose, my snot froze.  I couldn’t stand it and missed the last 10 minutes.  Oh and to cap it off the average cost of a pint was 9 quid.

If we ever draw them again I’m staying at home and they can shove their tobalarone up their arse.

Perhaps they made the gaps wider to reduce the pain  Embarassed

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 14732
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 71
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

This weekend Empty Re: This weekend

Post  trouble_n_stripes on 2019-02-07, 4:28 pm

Vincemac wrote:
trouble_n_stripes wrote:
gil t azell wrote:QPR at home. Score 2-2. Took my nephew for his 1st game. In the East stand row 1. Hoyed it down all half SAFC 2-0 up at HT. Went and stood at the back and lo n behold it stopped raining. Went back to row 1 for the 2nd half and yes you have guessed. P*ssed down for the complete 2nd half and finished 2-2.

Burnley away. FA Cup. It had been cancelled 2 or 3 times due to bad weather. Travelled down in the buses me relatively still young ish (in my eyes anyway) wearing my SAFC shirt with just a T.shirt underneath. Anyway so far down bloody snow ( none in Sunderland) about the same height as the coach and I'm thinking I hope theres a C&A to buy a coat in the away end. There wasnt. Had a quick fight at the Turf Moor pub to warm myself up then went to the ground. To say it was cold would be an understatement. It was however to get worse. Got back to the coach and the bloody windows had been put out. I am not ashmed to say I almost cried with the cold.
QPR game you mention was that the Friday night game? Easter Weekend? 95/96 era. I travelled up from
Worcester took me 7 hours. Having left a nice Spring day to a Winters night at the Sol. Freezing cold,
intentions were to sleep over in the car?? 

Got back at around 2am. Seem to recall Ruddock and Vinny Jones playing for QPR back then.

Hi how are you

Fine, and you?
trouble_n_stripes
trouble_n_stripes
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 897
Join date : 2012-08-10
Age : 51
Location : Cape Town

Back to top Go down

This weekend Empty Re: This weekend

Post  Vincemac on 2019-02-07, 6:31 pm

trouble_n_stripes wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
trouble_n_stripes wrote:
gil t azell wrote:QPR at home. Score 2-2. Took my nephew for his 1st game. In the East stand row 1. Hoyed it down all half SAFC 2-0 up at HT. Went and stood at the back and lo n behold it stopped raining. Went back to row 1 for the 2nd half and yes you have guessed. P*ssed down for the complete 2nd half and finished 2-2.

Burnley away. FA Cup. It had been cancelled 2 or 3 times due to bad weather. Travelled down in the buses me relatively still young ish (in my eyes anyway) wearing my SAFC shirt with just a T.shirt underneath. Anyway so far down bloody snow ( none in Sunderland) about the same height as the coach and I'm thinking I hope theres a C&A to buy a coat in the away end. There wasnt. Had a quick fight at the Turf Moor pub to warm myself up then went to the ground. To say it was cold would be an understatement. It was however to get worse. Got back to the coach and the bloody windows had been put out. I am not ashmed to say I almost cried with the cold.
QPR game you mention was that the Friday night game? Easter Weekend? 95/96 era. I travelled up from
Worcester took me 7 hours. Having left a nice Spring day to a Winters night at the Sol. Freezing cold,
intentions were to sleep over in the car?? 

Got back at around 2am. Seem to recall Ruddock and Vinny Jones playing for QPR back then.

Hi how are you

Fine, and you?
Champion cheers 
Just back in after a lovely few hours 
Nice malt
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7702
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 67

Back to top Go down

This weekend Empty Re: This weekend

Post  trouble_n_stripes on 2019-02-07, 8:41 pm

Vincemac wrote:
trouble_n_stripes wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
trouble_n_stripes wrote:
gil t azell wrote:QPR at home. Score 2-2. Took my nephew for his 1st game. In the East stand row 1. Hoyed it down all half SAFC 2-0 up at HT. Went and stood at the back and lo n behold it stopped raining. Went back to row 1 for the 2nd half and yes you have guessed. P*ssed down for the complete 2nd half and finished 2-2.

Burnley away. FA Cup. It had been cancelled 2 or 3 times due to bad weather. Travelled down in the buses me relatively still young ish (in my eyes anyway) wearing my SAFC shirt with just a T.shirt underneath. Anyway so far down bloody snow ( none in Sunderland) about the same height as the coach and I'm thinking I hope theres a C&A to buy a coat in the away end. There wasnt. Had a quick fight at the Turf Moor pub to warm myself up then went to the ground. To say it was cold would be an understatement. It was however to get worse. Got back to the coach and the bloody windows had been put out. I am not ashmed to say I almost cried with the cold.
QPR game you mention was that the Friday night game? Easter Weekend? 95/96 era. I travelled up from
Worcester took me 7 hours. Having left a nice Spring day to a Winters night at the Sol. Freezing cold,
intentions were to sleep over in the car?? 

Got back at around 2am. Seem to recall Ruddock and Vinny Jones playing for QPR back then.

Hi how are you

Fine, and you?
Champion cheers 
Just back in after a lovely few hours 
Nice malt

Ovaltine?
trouble_n_stripes
trouble_n_stripes
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 897
Join date : 2012-08-10
Age : 51
Location : Cape Town

Back to top Go down

This weekend Empty Re: This weekend

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-02-07, 10:27 pm

sunderpitt wrote:A more recent memory was when in march/April we had a snow blizzard and the game was started but abandoned as the players were sliding around all over the pitch and a couple of them were injured. Fulham?

The chant was 'Welcome to springtime in Sunderland '

Yes I also remember the haar coming in at Roker Park
That game was 8th April 2006 I believe. Rory Delap got a broken nose sliding into the advertising hoardings. Chris Coleman was manager of Fulham then too! I went with my daughter - was the last game she ever went to. Razz
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 10118
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 63

Back to top Go down

This weekend Empty Re: This weekend

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum