SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics

A win is a win is a win is a win

Go down

A win is a win is a win is a win Empty A win is a win is a win is a win

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-03, 1:21 pm

The last week has brought home to me just how important a win is and how we fans react to wins.

Everything seems a wee bit sweeter, the temperature outside is a wee bit warmer and we see good in just about everything.

On Friday we waited nervously to see if our new striker would be ratified by the FA, it was and mackems everywhere danced in the streets because we had finally got our man, social media was awash with excitement but, be honest, how many had heard of Will Grigg before we said we wanted him?

Nothing highlights our changing attitude better than the Grigg signing. N'Dong, Fletcher, Rodwell and Johnson all better known and certainly far more expensive but none set us alight like Grigg.

Donald and Ross deserve massive credit for turning the underwhelmed negativity that had become ingrained in Sunderland to the fantastic excited positive attitude we have now.

Not everyone is convinced by Ross but I cant understand why, yes maybe he should be more attacking at home but when we are ready to sack a manager I read its results that count, well take a look at the results Ross has achieved and where we stand, does that not count?

Deadline day brought out the very worst of Twitter, I refuse to say Sunderland fans because I honestly dont believe any Sunderland fan would ever post or send the messages that Donald received. I even refuse to call them football fans and for the record I know many Newcastle fans and no, they would not send them either.

But the very small nasty element have been drowned out by the massive true fan group who appreciate everything that has been done this season and lets just take a step back, lets just remind ourselves where we were at the end of last season.

Club, players, fans all down and all but out. An owner who never spoke apart from saying no when asked to invest further. A squad who wanted out and TBH a fan base who wanted most out. Debts that could never be sustained and a financial model that was broken. I well remember going to games at the end of last season and before you got in you felt depressed, it just had that air of failure, the stench of death and disaster.

The Grigg signing and that fact we where prepared to pay over the odds to back the manager sent out a strong message, we are not just winning but we are again winners and yes, a win is a win is a win.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

A win is a win is a win is a win Empty Re: A win is a win is a win is a win

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-02-03, 3:23 pm

The problem I see is that quite a few fans still see us as this "BIG" club and have not yet adjusted to the altitude drop to the 3rd division

Some fans still see us as a premier league team who should be winning every game and disposing of these "lesser" teams 3 to 4 nil no problem....the same view as quite a few had last season....quite a few of our fans need to realise we are a 3rd division team with the majority of our players 3rd division standard

I look at comments on social media and shake my head in disbelief....seemingly beating the team bottom of the league 1-0 at home is just not good enough....4th in the league isn't good enough (even though a win a draw and a loss from our games in hand would leave us in an automatic promotion place)....

Fact....an under par 1-0 win or a unbelievable 10-0 win gives you 3 points...which is our aim in every game

Fact....we are in the process of rebuilding the club from the very bottom and are ahead of where our new owners thought we would be at this stage

Fact....the so called "fans" that are giving the chairman crap are probably the same ones who were over the moon he took over at the end of last season

Some fans need to open their eyes to reality and see the wider picture otherwise we could lose Stewart Donald and co and then I dread to think how our club could end up.....administration? extinction? that's where we were heading before they stepped in
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-02-03, 3:28 pm

oldblackcat wrote:The problem I see is that quite a few fans still see us as this "BIG" club and have not yet adjusted to the altitude drop to the 3rd division

Some fans still see us as a premier league team who should be winning every game and disposing of these "lesser" teams 3 to 4 nil no problem....the same view as quite a few had last season....quite a few of our fans need to realise we are a 3rd division team with the majority of our players 3rd division standard

I look at comments on social media and shake my head in disbelief....seemingly beating the team bottom of the league 1-0 at home is just not good enough....4th in the league isn't good enough (even though a win a draw and a loss from our games in hand would leave us in an automatic promotion place)....

Fact....an under par 1-0 win or a unbelievable 10-0 win gives you 3 points...which is our aim in every game

Fact....we are in the process of rebuilding the club from the very bottom and are ahead of where our new owners thought we would be at this stage

Fact....the so called "fans" that are giving the chairman crap are probably the same ones who were over the moon he took over at the end of last season

Some fans need to open their eyes to reality and see the wider picture otherwise we could lose Stewart Donald and co and then I dread to think how our club could end up.....administration? extinction? that's where we were heading before they stepped in
Quite agree clapy clapy clapy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-02-03, 7:20 pm

None of us still know the real plight the club was in and I am only glad we are there or thereabouts in the promotion stakes. I think we have a good one in Ross but he is still a rookie so his development more than anyone's is the key.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-02-03, 7:41 pm

Prudent attention to detail & promotion from within the "Everton Way" but without the tapping up could well see SAFC a long term top 10 Premier club in time given the stadium size & fan base. Moyes II  Twisted Evil

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum