SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland v Tranmere Rovers
Jack Ross Sunderland's January business EmptyToday at 9:55 am by canary-dave

» Tests, tests and more bloody tests!
Jack Ross Sunderland's January business EmptyToday at 9:51 am by canary-dave

» To those at the game tonight
Jack Ross Sunderland's January business EmptyToday at 9:27 am by wanderer

» A very good morning one and all
Jack Ross Sunderland's January business EmptyYesterday at 9:55 pm by trouble_n_stripes

» A very happy birthday!
Jack Ross Sunderland's January business EmptyYesterday at 10:54 am by fulwellend47

» Can't say I'm looking forward to Tuesday
Jack Ross Sunderland's January business EmptyYesterday at 9:25 am by Sid MCFC

» Predictions Mid week 12
Jack Ross Sunderland's January business EmptyYesterday at 7:58 am by Lever Malone

» Results week 12
Jack Ross Sunderland's January business Empty2019-10-21, 10:38 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Predictions week 13
Jack Ross Sunderland's January business Empty2019-10-21, 6:10 pm by canary-dave

» League table Week 12
Jack Ross Sunderland's January business Empty2019-10-21, 12:31 pm by Jerry the Jinx

Jack Ross Sunderland's January business

Go down

Jack Ross Sunderland's January business Empty Jack Ross Sunderland's January business

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-02-01, 4:24 pm

Jack Ross opens up on Sunderland's January business, Will Grigg pursuit & gives positive fitness update

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Jack Ross landed his top target on deadline day
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PHIL SMITH

At one stage Jack Ross did not think he would get his proven striker.

Sunderland had found their pursuit difficult and Ross, happy to have brought in Kazaiah Sterling from Spurs, was preparing to push on with what he had.

As it was, in the dying embers of the winter window Stewart Donald made Wigan Athletic an offer 'they couldn't refuse'.

A month-long chase finally reaching a positive conclusion for the Black Cats.

It is unquestionably an expensive deal, but the bottom line for Ross at least is that he has a player who can be relied on to match Josh Maja's remarkable contributions in the early part of the season.
Will Grigg is one of the very who would could have filled that void at this moment in time.
"So, when you lose your top scorer, so late in the window, and you didn't necessarily know [for sure] that you're going to lose him, you're playing catch up to a degree.
"I work quite logically, working through certain criteria.

"Working through that process, you're looking at a player who has probably had one of, if not the best goals-per-game ratio in this league in recent seasons.
"So that makes him a very obvious player to identify.
"Then you have to weigh up, is he available?
"He kind of was, then wasn't, then was.

"That's why he was the clear biggest target for us, he ticked every box in that sense.

Grigg's arrival changes the dynamic of Sunderland's January window.
It has been a fraught month, dominated by the departure of Maja.
That was a big blow for Ross and he has no intention of disguising that.
He hopes Grigg can compensate for that and believes that by and large, it has been a good month in which real quality has been added to his options.

"It's very hard to be dismissive of what Josh has given us this season," he said.
"He's scored that many goals. I'd point to the fact that, it would be like Doncaster losing John Marquis, Barnsley losing Kieffer Moore.
"You can't dismiss that and you can't replace that easily.
"But we've got the player in who, on paper, gives us the bets chance of replicating that over the second half of the season.
"Then if you look at other areas of the pitch, I think we've brought in good players," he added.
"We've not just filled the squad, we've already seen on the training pitch what we've got.
"Grant is a good player, Lewis is a good young player with a lot of potential.
"The other players have already seen that, I think they make their minds up very quickly and I think we've got good players."
Ross also confirmed that Grigg is fit again after rolling his ankle earlier in the month.
That had initially raised fears that a deal would be in jeopardy but the Northern Ireland striker could be back in action as soon as next week
"As far as I'm aware he was actually scheduled to start training again with Wigan today [Friday]," Ross said.
"That's what I'm led to believe.
"He's unlikely to train with us and therefore be involved against AFCWimbledon.
"But thereafter he should be fit and well."

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Jack Ross Sunderland's January business Empty Re: Jack Ross Sunderland's January business

Post  gil t azell on 2019-02-01, 4:28 pm

With the business we have done I can only see win after win after win. Goodbye to the draws top of the table here we come.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Jack Ross Sunderland's January business Empty Re: Jack Ross Sunderland's January business

Post  Vincemac on 2019-02-01, 4:32 pm

gil t azell wrote:With the business we have done I can only see win after win after win. Goodbye to the draws top of the table here we come.
Yeh mate I have great expectations 
Onward and upward
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum