SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» New Home Strip
Sunderland academy staff member arrested on suspicion of grooming schoolboy player EmptyToday at 10:01 pm by cyprussyd

» Charlton v Sunderland
Sunderland academy staff member arrested on suspicion of grooming schoolboy player EmptyToday at 1:21 pm by Kipper

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
Sunderland academy staff member arrested on suspicion of grooming schoolboy player EmptyToday at 9:50 am by Vincemac

» Silvers
Sunderland academy staff member arrested on suspicion of grooming schoolboy player EmptyToday at 8:11 am by cyprussyd

» You are shit
Sunderland academy staff member arrested on suspicion of grooming schoolboy player EmptyYesterday at 9:26 pm by Nostalgic

» Just love Keano
Sunderland academy staff member arrested on suspicion of grooming schoolboy player EmptyYesterday at 11:10 am by Kipper

» Jack Rodwell MK 2
Sunderland academy staff member arrested on suspicion of grooming schoolboy player EmptyYesterday at 10:09 am by canary-dave

» Man Citeh!!!!
Sunderland academy staff member arrested on suspicion of grooming schoolboy player EmptyYesterday at 8:30 am by canary-dave

» Football Finances
Sunderland academy staff member arrested on suspicion of grooming schoolboy player Empty2019-05-19, 10:26 am by Hieronymus

» Get your tissues before viewing
Sunderland academy staff member arrested on suspicion of grooming schoolboy player Empty2019-05-18, 3:51 pm by Hieronymus

Sunderland academy staff member arrested on suspicion of grooming schoolboy player

Go down

Sunderland academy staff member arrested on suspicion of grooming schoolboy player Empty Sunderland academy staff member arrested on suspicion of grooming schoolboy player

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-30, 12:56 pm

Sunderland academy staff member arrested on suspicion of grooming schoolboy player

Peter Howey has been suspended by the League One club while police continue their investigations after allegation was made by player under the age of 16

By Duncan Wright
29th January 2019, 10:42 pm
Updated: 30th January 2019, 5:04 am

A MEMBER of Sunderland's academy staff has been arrested on allegations he met a player under the age of 16 after sexual grooming.
Peter Howey, a part-time driver and medical support member with youngsters at the League One club, was taken into custody following a complaint from a player in the system.

A member of staff at Sunderland's academy has been arrested on allegations of meeting a schoolboy following sexual grooming

The Mail report the 60-year-old was taken in by Northumbria Police when the club contacted them to report their suspicions.
Sunderland made contact with the authorities when the schoolboy, who is under the age of 16, came forward to the club to make a complaint.

Howey is understood to have been arrested on suspicion of meeting the boy, and has since been released under investigation.
Sunderland have since suspended their member of staff as they help the police.

A club spokesman said: "We were made aware of allegations pertaining to a member of staff.
"We reported the matter to Northumbria Police immediately and the individual was suspended."

A Northumbria Police statement said: "Police have arrested a 60-year-old man on suspicion of meeting a male under the age of 16 following sexual grooming.
"He has been released under investigation."
Howey is formerly an assistant head teacher at Hetton School, a secondary school in the city.
He retired in 2013 but continued to work part-time at the Sunderland FC academy - having previously coached a football team for 23 years.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Sunderland academy staff member arrested on suspicion of grooming schoolboy player Empty Re: Sunderland academy staff member arrested on suspicion of grooming schoolboy player

Post  sunderpitt on 2019-01-30, 1:01 pm

When we have news like this... I miss Billy... cos what he suggest in his own words,  as justice for people such as this I would agree with
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Sunderland academy staff member arrested on suspicion of grooming schoolboy player Empty Re: Sunderland academy staff member arrested on suspicion of grooming schoolboy player

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-30, 1:06 pm

sunderpitt wrote:When we have news like this... I miss Billy... cos what he suggest in his own words,  as justice for people such as this I would agree with
Something like remove part of genitalia   and insert in rectum

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-01-30, 1:37 pm

At least the club did the right thing and didn't try to bury it.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-01-30, 5:45 pm

Why has he been named  Question

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2019-01-30, 6:21 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:Why has he been named  Question

Been arrested, therefore as legal matters are, he is named...as my poor understanding... anonymity not given atm.

Besides which family have probably spoken to the press
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-01-30, 6:37 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:Why has he been named  Question

Been arrested, therefore as legal matters are, he is named...as my poor understanding... anonymity not given atm.

Besides which family have probably spoken to the press
I get what your're saying so another case of "Guilty until proven innocent" eh.....no chance of a fair trial & if he didn't do it I hope he sues the proverbial out of all accusers.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-01-30, 6:44 pm

For me there are to many angles to this story to make a measured judgement. We either have one brave kid or a man who has been in and around kids most of his adult life who is wrongly accused.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum