SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Something is dodgy
Today at 12:46 pm by canary-dave

» I agree with this
Today at 12:18 pm by barrowmackem

» Predictions Week 32
Today at 10:20 am by Derro Jimmy

» Match Day Thread
Today at 6:31 am by cyprussyd

» Tickets
Yesterday at 9:17 pm by vinkel

» Close to home
Yesterday at 8:39 pm by gil t azell

» John Bercow
Yesterday at 8:36 pm by gil t azell

» News: Club legend reveals how he almost became Sunderland manager during failed takeover bid
Yesterday at 2:17 pm by MrRAWhite

» Cup Final Info
Yesterday at 8:57 am by Kipper

» Happy Birthday Gil
2019-03-20, 10:15 pm by MrRAWhite

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Kippers Deadline Day Thread

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Kippers Deadline Day Thread

Post  Vincemac on 2019-01-30, 9:00 pm

Joselu
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-30, 9:05 pm

Oviedo to WBA on loan

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-01-30, 9:20 pm

Vincemac wrote:Joselu

Button it birthday boy. Theres nee need for that. Very Happy
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2019-01-30, 11:14 pm

Andy Carrol on loan ?
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-01-30, 11:15 pm

Silvers wrote:Andy Carrol on loan ?
affraid affraid affraid
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2019-01-30, 11:34 pm

Cool
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-01-31, 12:55 am

Silvers wrote:Andy Carrol on loan ?
Any port in a storm, and one seems to be brewing.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-31, 2:00 am

Well there is a storm brewing on Twitter but that's nothing unusual.

We have three good signings in with a premier striker having his medical tomorrow so one more needed and I have every confidence we will get the missing striker and win on Saturday.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  black fox on 2019-01-31, 4:46 am

i have every confidence that they will get at least one striker in but its very bad for the nerves when im checking forums all day so the sooner the better will suit me just fine. ive not seen any of these strikers in the flesh(only on short clips) so im hoping they get a good one or two in.

Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2019-01-31, 8:18 am

black fox wrote:i have every confidence that they will get at least one striker in but its very bad for the nerves when im checking forums all day so the sooner the better will suit me just fine. ive not seen any of these strikers in the flesh(only on short clips) so im hoping they get a good one or two in.

sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-31, 8:59 am

Bryan Oviedo has been repeatedly linked with a move away from the club since we were relegated to League One.
Although his performances on the pitch have been fine, the Costa Rican international is one of the club’s highest earners and with Reece James currently being first choice and Denver Hume recently returning to full training after injury, it would be no surprise if the 28-year-old moved on.
He has been linked with the likes of Celtic and West Bromwich Albion but speaking to Colombia 98.7 FM in his home country, Oviedo says he will remain with Sunderland for now and help the club achieve promotion back to the Championship.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-01-31, 9:12 am

cyprussyd wrote:Bryan Oviedo has been repeatedly linked with a move away from the club since we were relegated to League One.
Although his performances on the pitch have been fine, the Costa Rican international is one of the club’s highest earners and with Reece James currently being first choice and Denver Hume recently returning to full training after injury, it would be no surprise if the 28-year-old moved on.
He has been linked with the likes of Celtic and West Bromwich Albion but speaking to Colombia 98.7 FM in his home country, Oviedo says he will remain with Sunderland for now and help the club achieve promotion back to the Championship.
Bless his little gold socks  pale

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2019-01-31, 10:35 am

Rumour has it we have bid £1.5m for Greggs but Wigan want  £3.0m

He is I believe injured for a few weeks anyhow

Maja IMHO has really done for us!

Last edited by sunderpitt on 2019-01-31, 11:18 am; edited 2 times in total
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  black fox on 2019-01-31, 10:53 am

other teams have seen us get 3.5 for maja so they have upped their prices also they think we are getting desperate which may be true.

Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2019-01-31, 11:46 am

Morgan has arrived on loan.

On safc web site.
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2019-01-31, 11:54 am

Silvers wrote:Morgan has arrived on loan.

On safc web site.

He is the Scots Celtic lad who has played for Ross before.. winger right?
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2019-01-31, 12:28 pm

correct..
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2019-01-31, 12:32 pm

Sunderland AFC have completed the loan signing of Lewis Morgan.
Arriving from Scottish Premiership giants Celtic, the 22-year-old has moved to the Stadium of Light until the end of the 2018-19 campaign.
Morgan began his career with Rangers before moving to St Mirren in 2013, and he played a starring role for Jack Ross’ Buddies during the 2017-18 season, as the Paisley-based side clinched the Scottish Championship title.
After signing a four-year deal with Celtic in January 2018, the pacey winger moved to Glasgow six months later and made his debut for Brendan Rodgers’ side in Europe’s most-illustrious competition, the UEFA Champions League.
A standout 12 months also led to international acclaim, with Morgan making his Scotland debut in a friendly against Peru in May 2018.
And the winger, who has made 13 appearances for Celtic in all competitions this season, can’t wait to get started on Wearside: “I’m joining coaching staff I’ve worked with before, and once I got the opportunity to speak with them, my decision was made.
“My game is based around scoring and creating goals, but I obviously also try to work hard for the team, and that is the most important thing.
“Something special is happening at the club this season, and hopefully I can contribute to that.”
Sunderland’s manager, Jack Ross, added: “I worked closely with Lewis for several years during my time at St Mirren, and his progression at that time was terrific.
“I’ve been very open and honest with him about how hard he will have to work to get into our team, as we have some very good players, but he’s welcomed that challenge.
“He’s still young but he’s an exciting player, and I know exactly what he’s capable of.”
Give Lewis a special Wearside welcome this weekend when the Lads take on AFC Wimbledon!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-01-31, 1:12 pm

Sit tight and let them get on with it:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]PA Images via Getty Images
Roker Report have spoken this morning to Sunderland AFC owner Stewart Donald, who wants to update supporters on how things are likely to progress as Transfer Deadline Day rumbles on.
Donald wanted to let fans know that there has been a lot of wild speculation this morning, as you can imagine with it being transfer deadline day, and his plan for today is to go about our business quietly and get on with the job of sorting out the deals and negotiations for all of the players that the club need before the clock ticks past 11:00pm.
Donald was keen to stress that he won’t confirm or deny any rumours or speculation to any outlets until after the deadline has passed, so to ensure that the club can go about their business today efficiently without adding fuel to fire of the tonne of speculation which is floating about the press and social media at present. The plan is, understandably, to remain tight-lipped on all of our business.
The owner has said that he would like to appear on the Roker Rapport Podcast once the dust has settled from deadline day to answer any questions that supporters have about negotiations, departures, incomings and outgoings, and everything else in between.
But, for now, they’re focused on the task of sorting out all of the deals that the club have lined up in order to get the players in that we need
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-01-31, 1:28 pm

gil t azell wrote:
Vincemac wrote:Joselu

Button it birthday boy. Theres nee need for that. Very Happy
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2019-01-31, 1:55 pm

This mid season transfer window is a pain in the arse.. I would happily see it stopped to prevent all the disruption..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  black fox on 2019-01-31, 2:48 pm

if clubs leave it too near the deadlineto sign player how do they fit the medicals in or do they do it after.

Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2019-01-31, 3:21 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Bryan Oviedo has been repeatedly linked with a move away from the club since we were relegated to League One.
His wages are a massive problem with no other club willing to match them.. That is why he is sticking with us..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2019-01-31, 3:51 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
His wages are a massive problem with no other club willing to match them.. That is why he is sticking with us..

I suspect you state the nub of the problem... same for Catts, although I have not heard that anyone is after him.
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2019-01-31, 4:06 pm

I am forever the optimist, but it does feel a bit like Groundhog Day!!

How many transfer windows have we been through that take us to the wire in our attempts to sign a centre forward/striker.

I know everyone is looking for the guy that can literally provide that finishing touch to their squad, but we seem to have been looking ever since Phillips and Quinn. Remember Bent, Bendtner etc.

Of course we are Sunderland and everyone expects us to pay over the odds for players and I am sure Donald is finding the same story this year after selling Maja. Our need is great and if to achieve our goal of promotion, preferably by finishing first or second, we may have to pay more than we wanted for Grigg et al. But, hopefully investment would justify that in terms of revenue next season.

Hopefully, Donald is simply doing the business quietly and effectively.
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum