SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland v Tranmere Rovers
Grant is back EmptyToday at 9:55 am by canary-dave

» Tests, tests and more bloody tests!
Grant is back EmptyToday at 9:51 am by canary-dave

» To those at the game tonight
Grant is back EmptyToday at 9:27 am by wanderer

» A very good morning one and all
Grant is back EmptyYesterday at 9:55 pm by trouble_n_stripes

» A very happy birthday!
Grant is back EmptyYesterday at 10:54 am by fulwellend47

» Can't say I'm looking forward to Tuesday
Grant is back EmptyYesterday at 9:25 am by Sid MCFC

» Predictions Mid week 12
Grant is back EmptyYesterday at 7:58 am by Lever Malone

» Results week 12
Grant is back Empty2019-10-21, 10:38 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Predictions week 13
Grant is back Empty2019-10-21, 6:10 pm by canary-dave

» League table Week 12
Grant is back Empty2019-10-21, 12:31 pm by Jerry the Jinx

Grant is back

Go down

Grant is back Empty Grant is back

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-29, 11:54 am

Written by SUNDERLAND AFC
29 JANUARY, 2019

=https://www.safc.com:443/news/team-news/2019/january/leadbitter-comes-home] Facebook
[url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=https://www.safc.com:443/news/team-news/2019/january/leadbitter-comes-home&text=Leadbitter comes home&] Twitter[/url]

Grant Leadbitter has returned to Sunderland AFC, signing a two-and-half year deal at the Stadium of Light.
An Academy of Light graduate, the midfielder, who is a life-long Sunderland fan, returns to his boyhood club after departing almost a decade ago.
Leadbitter progressed through the ranks with the Lads and made his first-team debut in September 2003, coming off the bench in a League Cup tie against Huddersfield Town.
Upon leaving the Stadium of Light, he signed for Ipswich Town where he made 126 appearances before sealing a return to the north east with Middlesbrough in 2012.
The 33-year-old enjoyed a terrific six years on Teesside, featuring in the PFA Team of the Year following a standout 2014-15 campaign, before captaining the club to Premier League promotion one year later.
Speaking about his return to Sunderland, Leadbitter said: “I’m absolutely delighted to be back, I’m buzzing.
“When you’re a born-and-bred Sunderland fan and there’s an opportunity to come back to the football club, well, I was never going to say no I can tell you that.
“I’m here to do a job and help the club. The football club means a lot to me for sentimental reasons, but I’ve spoken to Jack Ross a lot in the last few days, and I’m excited by his plans.
“I share his ambitions and I really can’t wait to get going.”
Manager Jack Ross, added: “We haven’t brought Grant back for sentimental reasons, he could have easily continued his career in the Championship.
“Once I started speaking to him, I had a real feel for how desperate he was to come back to Sunderland, and how much he wants to help take the club back to where he feels it belongs.
“He understands we have a long path ahead of us, but his playing career speaks for itself, and he’s ready to play his part.”

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Grant is back Empty Re: Grant is back

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-29, 2:07 pm

Straight to work

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-01-29, 2:18 pm

Rightio no problem with this lad

Who is leaving?

Back to top Go down