SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Predictions Mid week 12
Checkatrade draw EmptyToday at 1:19 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Predictions week 13
Checkatrade draw EmptyToday at 12:55 pm by Vincemac

» Results week 12
Checkatrade draw EmptyToday at 12:41 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» League table Week 12
Checkatrade draw EmptyToday at 12:31 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Can't say I'm looking forward to Tuesday
Checkatrade draw EmptyToday at 11:50 am by wanderer

» Sunderland v Tranmere Rovers
Checkatrade draw EmptyYesterday at 9:01 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» For SidMCFC
Checkatrade draw EmptyYesterday at 7:13 pm by Sid MCFC

» Parky it is then
Checkatrade draw EmptyYesterday at 7:53 am by cyprussyd

» Wycombe Wanderers v Sunderland AFC
Checkatrade draw EmptyYesterday at 7:31 am by barrowmackem

» Strong rumours
Checkatrade draw Empty2019-10-19, 11:31 am by Vincemac

Checkatrade draw

Go down

Checkatrade draw Empty Checkatrade draw

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-24, 2:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Checkatrade draw Empty Re: Checkatrade draw

Post  Guest on 2019-01-24, 2:25 pm

So away to Bury.. 90 mins if no result penalties

Embarassed

Last edited by sunderpitt on 2019-01-25, 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-01-24, 2:33 pm

That seems a good draw.  Pity you’re not at home though.  

I’ve not been to Gigg Lane for donkeys years but if any of you are going you’ll definitely see a difference between there and the SOL.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Lever Malone on 2019-01-24, 3:24 pm

Come on lads read what syd posted. That is just the draw numbers. The actual draw doesn't take place until Friday afternoon.
Lever Malone
Lever Malone
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-01-24, 3:26 pm

Lever Malone wrote:Come on lads read what syd posted. That is just the draw numbers. The actual draw doesn't take place until Friday afternoon.
Oh.  Embarassed
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Lever Malone on 2019-01-24, 10:14 pm

It could be right and we get drawn away to Bury. Stranger things have happened.
Lever Malone
Lever Malone
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-25, 12:55 pm

Bristol rovers away

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-25, 3:27 pm

#safc’s Checkatrade Trophy semi-final has been confirmed for Tuesday, March 5 (7.45pm).
That means the L1 game at Accrington (due to be played that night) will have to be rescheduled

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-01-25, 4:27 pm

cyprussyd wrote:#safc’s Checkatrade Trophy semi-final has been confirmed for Tuesday, March 5 (7.45pm).
That means the L1 game at Accrington (due to be played that night) will have to be rescheduled
It’s on sky tv
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-25, 4:47 pm

Vincemac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:#safc’s Checkatrade Trophy semi-final has been confirmed for Tuesday, March 5 (7.45pm).
It’s on sky tv
Yes its a tough one Vince. A 5 hour trip on a Tuesday evening, a few hours in the cold then a long trip back.

Or sit at home and enjoy in the warmth.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-01-25, 6:11 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Bristol rovers away
Gas fan in peace here.

An interesting draw. Harvey gets his way and keeps you and Pompey apart, but I'm surprised he allowed you to both be away from home!
As I'm sure you know, lower league club supporters are, in the main, vehemently opposed to the current format of the competition with 'invited' Premier/Championship U21 teams involved. The fear is it being a step toward B teams in the league structure as happens in a number of European leagues. For that reason crowds are down on similar fixtures in the old format.

In the old format, when it was purely Div3/4 / League1/2 clubs we took 40k plus to the Millenium in 2007 to play Doncaster Rovers, and we took a similar number, if not more, to the League 2 Play Off final at the New Wembley the same year. Chelsea and ourselves being the only clubs to have played two finals that season - one at the Millennium, and one at the New Wembley.

I'm sure we, in the unlikely event we get through, would take far fewer to Wembley this time. Pompey Fans are very vocal in their opposition to the format, and so I believe/hope that Pompey fans would also boycott the final.

I know that you had the insult of having to play your greatest rival's U21 team in a full first team fixture in this competition. Imagine if - through the door being opened via this competition - it led to a scenario where, through some disaster or another in the future, you find yourselves down in the third tier again in a few seasons time and having to play a Newcastle B team in the league. This is why we boycott the competition - I don't want us to be forced down another tier or two by the insertion of B teams, or to find ourselves playing Bristol (I can't say it) City B in the league!

Good luck in the league, but not against us!

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-25, 6:20 pm

GasinPeace wrote:
Gas fan in peace here.

An interesting draw. Harvey gets his way and keeps you and Pompey apart, but I'm surprised he allowed you to both be away from home!
As I'm sure you know, lower league club supporters are, in the main, vehemently opposed to the current format of the competition with 'invited' Premier/Championship U21 teams involved. The fear is it being a step toward B teams in the league structure as happens in a number of European leagues. For that reason crowds are down on similar fixtures in the old format.

In the old format, when it was purely Div3/4 / League1/2 clubs we took 40k plus to the Millenium in 2007 to play Doncaster Rovers, and we took a similar number, if not more, to the League 2 Play Off final at the New Wembley the same year. Chelsea and ourselves being the only clubs to have played two finals that season - one at the Millennium, and one at the New Wembley.

I'm sure we, in the unlikely event we get through, would take far fewer to Wembley this time. Pompey Fans are very vocal in their opposition to the format, and so I believe/hope that Pompey fans would also boycott the final.

I know that you had the insult of having to play your greatest rival's U21 team in a full first team fixture in this competition. Imagine if - through the door being opened via this competition - it led to a scenario where, through some disaster or another in the future, you find yourselves down in the third tier again in a few seasons time and having to play a Newcastle B team in the league. This is why we boycott the competition - I don't want us to be forced down another tier or two by the insertion of B teams, or to find ourselves playing Bristol (I can't say it) City B in the league!

Confession time, I knew nothing about the boycott and can't say I am greatly bothered. I wont be going to this game and probably not Wembley if we make it, long miles on a bus and my legs no longer go together.

That said a cup final is a cup final and I wont be turning my nose up at the chance of winning it.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-01-26, 10:32 am

GasinPeace wrote:
Gas fan in peace here.

I wasn’t aware of the boycott either but I can understand where you are coming from.  Sunderland knocked City’s u21s out in the last round and and tbh I felt a sense of relief. 

That’s not just because I like Sunderland and also I only watch our first team it’s because it dos’nt sit easy with me some successful teams (At this particular point in history)  are using it to their own advantage.

It wasn’t so long ago that City were in the Auto bloody windshield trophy and I would have definitely thought twice about going if we were playing that Stretford teams under 21s.

U21 teams of all clubs need to play in competitive matches but not at the expense of proper clubs.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-01-26, 12:25 pm

GasinPeace wrote:
Gas fan in peace here.

you have every chance of getting to the final buddy. I certainly see your point of view, I am sick and tired of the powers that be bending over and pants down for the elite. Sick and tired of it. Mad Mad

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-01-26, 9:27 pm

barrowmackem wrote:
GasinPeace wrote:
Gas fan in peace here.

you have every chance of getting to the final buddy. I certainly see your point of view, I am sick and tired of the powers that be bending over and pants down for the elite. Sick and tired of it. Mad Mad
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-01-28, 8:36 am

Thanks for the comments.
Many, but not all, feel the only way to make our feelings known, and prevent the potential destruction of our wonderful league structure, is to boycott - despite this costing our own club gate money at a time we desperately need it.

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2019-01-28, 9:11 am

GasinPeace wrote:Thanks for the comments.
Many, but not all, feel the only way to make our feelings known, and prevent the potential destruction of our wonderful league structure, is to boycott - despite this costing our own club gate money at a time we desperately need it.
Sorry mate but I don't understand the meaning of the boycott
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-01-28, 1:46 pm

oxfordshire wrote:
He’s talking about teams such as Man City and Newcastle being allowed to play their u21 teams in the Checkertrade.  I have to say that it does seem to demean the comp and despite City u21s having been in it I was a little uncomfortable with it.

I think that’s what he means.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-01-28, 4:02 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:
oxfordshire wrote:
He’s talking about teams such as Man City and Newcastle being allowed to play their u21 teams in the Checkertrade.  I have to say that it does seem to demean the comp and despite City u21s having been in it I was a little uncomfortable with it.

Yes, but it is also the risk that playing U21 or B teams in 'First Team' competition becomes the norm, potentially leading to B teams being inserted into the League structure. This could mean lower league teams having to play league fixtures vs other club B teams.
Find yourselves down here for a few years, or again at some point in the future and, God forbid, we might see fixtures such as:
Bristol Rovers vs Bristol City B
Sunderland vs Newcastle Utd B
as 'proper' league fixtures.
This is all so that the larger clubs can play their youngsters in mens football, as happens on the continent. It is something the continental managers in the Premier League want.
What they should do of course is not hoover up as many youngsters, leave them with 'smaller' clubs to get the experience, or if they have signed them, get them out on loan if they aren't brave enough to play them in their own first teams.
This is why many lower league team fans are boycotting as we see this as the thin end of the wedge.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-01-28, 4:24 pm

GasinPeace wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
oxfordshire wrote:

Yes, but it is also the risk that playing U21 or B teams in 'First Team' competition becomes the norm, potentially leading to B teams being inserted into the League structure. This could mean lower league teams having to play league fixtures vs other club B teams.
Find yourselves down here for a few years, or again at some point in the future and, God forbid, we might see fixtures such as:
Bristol Rovers vs Bristol City B
Sunderland vs Newcastle Utd B
as 'proper' league fixtures.
This is all so that the larger clubs can play their youngsters in mens football, as happens on the continent. It is something the continental managers in the Premier League want.
What they should do of course is not hoover up as many youngsters, leave them with 'smaller' clubs to get the experience, or if they have signed them, get them out on loan if they aren't brave enough to play them in their own first teams.
This is why many lower league team fans are boycotting as we see this as the thin end of the wedge.
As my team is on the up at the moment and probably more guilty as most re hoovering up the youngsters it’s a little difficult to comment as I don’t want to sound disingenuous but sod that I couldn’t agree with you more.

There is a rule coming in shortly limiting the amount of players a club can loan out which might help somewhat but I haven’t a clue as to a proper solution. 

Personally I’m not sure whether boycotting your own club will help matters but a least you’re voting with your feet so best of luck with it.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-01-28, 4:30 pm

Certain the elite Premier clubs have a large number of English ( and other nationalities)  young players on their books, who usually cannot get  competitive professional game time. Most of them end up hping out on loan elsewhere in the UK (or Europe). There is only20+ % of english players starting in the Premoership. Screwing lower league teams to solve a rich clubs problem IMHO is not a good idea. So I see the point of the boycott. I am surprised L1 and 2 clubs agree to play the comp at all.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum