SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Predictions week 04
Martin O'Neil  EmptyToday at 2:50 pm by Lever Malone

» American Billionaire Group close to takeover
Martin O'Neil  EmptyToday at 2:24 pm by cyprussyd

» Loovens gone
Martin O'Neil  EmptyToday at 11:36 am by barrowmackem

» SunderMad Connecticut branch
Martin O'Neil  EmptyToday at 5:59 am by oxfordshire

» Chris Maguire on his difficult season at Bury
Martin O'Neil  EmptyYesterday at 6:40 pm by barrowmackem

» Cattermole
Martin O'Neil  EmptyYesterday at 6:37 pm by barrowmackem

» SUNDERLAND V AFC Wimbledon
Martin O'Neil  EmptyYesterday at 4:47 pm by Vincemac

» Leafue Table Mid week 3
Martin O'Neil  Empty2019-08-21, 7:50 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Mid week 3
Martin O'Neil  Empty2019-08-21, 7:49 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» RESULTS OF WEEK 2 AND FIXTURES FOR WEEK 3
Martin O'Neil  Empty2019-08-21, 9:59 am by Mackemneil

Martin O'Neil

Go down

Martin O'Neil  Empty Martin O'Neil

Post  canary-dave on 2019-01-17, 4:14 pm

I have just read the BBC report on Martin becoming Forest manager. I had to smile with their description of him as the former manager of Leicester, Celtic  Aston Villa and Republic of Ireland, neatly skipping his biggest failure.  Very Happy

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Martin O'Neil  Empty Re: Martin O'Neil

Post  Mackemneil on 2019-01-17, 7:56 pm

canary-dave wrote:I have just read the BBC report on Martin becoming Forest manager. I had to smile with their description of him as the former manager of Leicester, Celtic  Aston Villa and Republic of Ireland, neatly skipping his biggest failure.  Very Happy
... and he wants Keane to go with him, Two Sunderalnd ex managers for the price of one!!!
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-01-17, 8:19 pm

Mackemneil wrote:
canary-dave wrote:I have just read the BBC report on Martin becoming Forest manager. I had to smile with their description of him as the former manager of Leicester, Celtic  Aston Villa and Republic of Ireland, neatly skipping his biggest failure.  Very Happy
... and he wants Keane to go with him, Two Sunderalnd ex managers for the price of one!!!

O'Neil was poor at Sunderland and Keane was a total flop at Ipswich.  Very Happy

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-17, 9:14 pm

Keane was the first casualty of the Short regime and by the time O'Neil had come and gone the downward spiral was in overdrive.

O'Neils football almost made me give up, the boredom was unimaginable but we all know that all of our managers could not be that bad, love them or hate them they in the main shared a massive reputation and all left us with that reputation in tatters, apart from one, big Sam.

Sam's reputation was enhanced to the point of him getting his dream job but even that ended in humiliation.

We even managed to make three big signings, one ended up in prison, the second ended up sitting doing nothing apart from throwing his career away and the third, our record signing managed to shoot himself in both feet and both ankles.

Whatever the future holds under our new owners they will struggle to make enough cock ups to come near the Netflix years.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-01-18, 6:09 am

cyprussyd wrote:Keane was the first casualty of the Short regime and by the time O'Neil had come and gone the downward spiral was in overdrive.

O'Neils football almost made me give up, the boredom was unimaginable but we all know that all of our managers could not be that bad, love them or hate them they in the main shared a massive reputation and all left us with that reputation in tatters, apart from one, big Sam.

Sam's reputation was enhanced to the point of him getting his dream job but even that ended in humiliation.

We even managed to make three big signings, one ended up in prison, the second ended up sitting doing nothing apart from throwing his career away and the third, our record signing managed to shoot himself in both feet and both ankles.

Whatever the future holds under our new owners they will struggle to make enough cock ups to come near the Netflix years.

Absolutely on the money as usual Syd, this post (the op) wasn't meant to be disrespectful to Sunderland or Martin O'Neil  just a matter of interest to Mackems. I hope he does well at Forest   like

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum