SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» For Dave - Gary Hooper
Why the delay EmptyToday at 6:36 am by canary-dave

» Wycombe Wanderers v Sunderland AFC
Why the delay EmptyToday at 6:11 am by oldblackcat

» Parky it is then
Why the delay EmptyToday at 12:41 am by Panther

» Predictions week 12
Why the delay EmptyYesterday at 6:56 pm by oldblackcat

» Strong rumours
Why the delay EmptyYesterday at 4:02 pm by paddocklad

» Picture
Why the delay EmptyYesterday at 12:10 pm by Vincemac

» A very happy birthday!
Why the delay EmptyYesterday at 11:43 am by Argus

» Tranmere Game and Oxfordshire Visit
Why the delay EmptyYesterday at 8:58 am by Hieronymus

» joke
Why the delay EmptyYesterday at 7:41 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» One thing that pissed me off about Ross
Why the delay Empty2019-10-17, 7:01 pm by gil t azell

Why the delay

Go down

Why the delay Empty Why the delay

Post  Guest on 2019-01-15, 6:48 pm

With the Man C under 21 fixture date.

Back to top Go down

Why the delay Empty Re: Why the delay

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-01-15, 7:10 pm

TV programming?
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-01-16, 12:05 pm

It’s an odd one but I’ve got a theory,  please don’t take it a gospel though as I’m often wrong.

City play Burton on the Wednesday of that week which will be 3 matches in 6 days.  Being 9 nil up already logic says Pep will want to utilise as many youngsters as possible without disrespecting Burton.  It’s a tough call as he obviously has to prioritise the first team but as the youngsters have done so well getting to where they are they also need encouragement.

It’s just a thought but it could be that City are asking Sunderland for another date.  

If I’m right your response will be interesting  Crying or Very sad
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2019-01-16, 12:25 pm

If you're right, Sid, our (my) response will be 'smart arse' and if you're wrong it'll be 'stupid sod' . . . . simples Smile
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-01-16, 12:27 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:If you're right, Sid, our (my) response will be 'smart arse' and if you're wrong it'll be 'stupid sod' . . . . simples Smile
Thought so.   pale
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2019-01-16, 12:30 pm

Maybe 'City don't want to play 'cos they're scared of the mighty S.A.F.C. and they're hoping that we'll forget about it !

Aye, that'll be it Wink

Who's the stupid sod now !
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-01-16, 12:36 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:Maybe 'City don't want to play 'cos they're scared of the mighty S.A.F.C. and they're hoping that we'll forget about it !

Aye, that'll be it Wink

Who's the stupid sod now !

I didn’t want to mention that theory mate.  affraid
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-01-16, 12:37 pm

Sunderland will face Manchester City U21s on Tuesday January 22nd. The Checkatrade Trophy Quarter Final has been confirmed as a 7.45pm kick off at the Stadium of Light. Tickets are priced at £5 for adults and £1 for under 16s and over 65s, when purchased up until 5pm on Monday 21 January. Season card holders will also receive a black cat point if they buy and use a ticket. Those prices will be available until 5pm on Monday, January 21st.On the day of the game, ticket prices will rise to £10 for adults and £5 for under 16s and over 65s and they will be available to purchase throughout the day from the ticket office.Cash turnstiles will also be open from 6.30pm on the night of the game.

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-01-16, 12:38 pm

Kipper wrote:Sunderland will face Manchester City U21s on Tuesday January 22nd. The Checkatrade Trophy Quarter Final has been confirmed as a 7.45pm kick off at the Stadium of Light. Tickets are priced at £5 for adults and £1 for under 16s and over 65s, when purchased up until 5pm on Monday 21 January. Season card holders will also receive a black cat point if they buy and use a ticket. Those prices will be available until 5pm on Monday, January 21st.On the day of the game, ticket prices will rise to £10 for adults and £5 for under 16s and over 65s and they will be available to purchase throughout the day from the ticket office.Cash turnstiles will also be open from 6.30pm on the night of the game.

Oh bugger.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-01-17, 9:13 am

Sid MCFC wrote:
Kipper wrote:Sunderland will face Manchester City U21s on Tuesday January 22nd. The Checkatrade Trophy Quarter Final has been confirmed as a 7.45pm kick off at the Stadium of Light. Tickets are priced at £5 for adults and £1 for under 16s and over 65s, when purchased up until 5pm on Monday 21 January. Season card holders will also receive a black cat point if they buy and use a ticket. Those prices will be available until 5pm on Monday, January 21st.On the day of the game, ticket prices will rise to £10 for adults and £5 for under 16s and over 65s and they will be available to purchase throughout the day from the ticket office.Cash turnstiles will also be open from 6.30pm on the night of the game.

Oh bugger.

You were nearly right though, the intent was there:

Manchester City are reportedly 'furious' after their Checkatrade Trophy with Sunderland was confirmed. The Citizens' under-21 side are set to travel to the Staidum of Light on Tuesday, January 22 after the two sides were paired together in the last eight of the competition. Sunderland, who are favourites to win the tournament, will welcome the last remaining academy side to Wearisde with Wembley potenitally just two games away. But City have expressed their anger of the arrangement of the tie, which comes just one day before their Carabao Cup semi-final second leg against Burton Albion - scheduled to take place on Wednesday, January 23. Pep Guardiola's side beat the Brewers 9-0 in the first leg and were hoping to give several youngsters an opportunity in the return fixture. The Premier League club now argue that the schedule deems this impossible.Various reports overnight claimed the club were 'furious' with the call, and that they had seen several alternative dates for the clash with Sunderland dismissed by the EFL.City have already been given dispensation to play all their Checkatrade Trophy games away from home but have seen their latest requests denied.The EFL have since released a statement claiming that the game was arranged for January 22 after the two clubs failed to agree a date between themselves. "With no mutual agreement between the clubs, the decision fell to the executive of the EFL," it read."There is a significant amount of sympathy with the position outlined by Manchester City and the fact that the dating of this game could remove one opportunity for the club's younger players to play in a first team competitive game with the Carabao Cup semi-final second leg the day after."The EFL is committed to delivering valuable playing opportunities for young players and would have assisted, if it had been practically possible but the alternative dates all had issues with them.""The EFL is grateful for the support of both Clubs towards the Checkatrade Trophy and Pep Guardiola's backing of the Carabao Cup."

Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-01-17, 9:15 am

Kipper wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:

Oh bugger.

Manchester City are reportedly 'furious' after their Checkatrade Trophy with Sunderland was confirmed. The Citizens' under-21 side are set to travel to the Staidum of Light on Tuesday, January 22 after the two sides were paired together in the last eight of the competition. Sunderland, who are favourites to win the tournament, will welcome the last remaining academy side to Wearisde with Wembley potenitally just two games away. But City have expressed their anger of the arrangement of the tie, which comes just one day before their Carabao Cup semi-final second leg against Burton Albion - scheduled to take place on Wednesday, January 23. Pep Guardiola's side beat the Brewers 9-0 in the first leg and were hoping to give several youngsters an opportunity in the return fixture. The Premier League club now argue that the schedule deems this impossible.Various reports overnight claimed the club were 'furious' with the call, and that they had seen several alternative dates for the clash with Sunderland dismissed by the EFL.City have already been given dispensation to play all their Checkatrade Trophy games away from home but have seen their latest requests denied.The EFL have since released a statement claiming that the game was arranged for January 22 after the two clubs failed to agree a date between themselves. "With no mutual agreement between the clubs, the decision fell to the executive of the EFL," it read."There is a significant amount of sympathy with the position outlined by Manchester City and the fact that the dating of this game could remove one opportunity for the club's younger players to play in a first team competitive game with the Carabao Cup semi-final second leg the day after."The EFL is committed to delivering valuable playing opportunities for young players and would have assisted, if it had been practically possible but the alternative dates all had issues with them.""The EFL is grateful for the support of both Clubs towards the Checkatrade Trophy and Pep Guardiola's backing of the Carabao Cup."

Tell Pep they're free to pick an under 16 side for the Checkatrade.
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-01-17, 9:20 am

Sid MCFC wrote:It’s an odd one but I’ve got a theory,  please don’t take it a gospel though as I’m often wrong.

City play Burton on the Wednesday of that week which will be 3 matches in 6 days.  Being 9 nil up already logic says Pep will want to utilise as many youngsters as possible without disrespecting Burton.  It’s a tough call as he obviously has to prioritise the first team but as the youngsters have done so well getting to where they are they also need encouragement.

It’s just a thought but it could be that City are asking Sunderland for another date.  

If I’m right your response will be interesting  Crying or Very sad
Yeh that’s just about correct
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-01-17, 9:23 am

Surley Man City has a long list of young players who would benefit from some first team 
Experience 
This game is our first team we are talking about 
And game shedual for us is more important
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-01-17, 3:15 pm

Kipper wrote:
Kipper wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:

Oh bugger.

Tell Pep they're free to pick an under 16 side for the Checkatrade.
Ok, will do.  Very Happy
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-01-17, 3:20 pm

Vincemac wrote:Surley Man City has a long list of young players who would benefit from some first team 
Experience 
I can’t disagree with that mate.  I fully understand why City asked for a change of date and I fully understand why Sunderland said no.  I’m willing to bet that if the roles were reversed City would also say no.

Peps got a problem now but there are lots of managers with far worse problems.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-01-17, 4:09 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:
Vincemac wrote:Surley Man City has a long list of young players who would benefit from some first team 
Experience 
I can’t disagree with that mate.  I fully understand why City asked for a change of date and I fully understand why Sunderland said no.  I’m willing to bet that if the roles were reversed City would also say no.

Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2019-01-17, 7:50 pm

Vincemac wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
Experience 

this is his U21 side, he will have an U23 side and the ladies too itching to play Burton.
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-01-18, 10:17 am

Mackemneil wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
Experience 

this is his U21 side, he will have an U23 side and the ladies too itching to play Burton.
Are you suggesting we should play with our ladies?   silent
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-18, 10:27 am

Sid MCFC wrote:
Mackemneil wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
Experience 

Count me in

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-01-18, 11:16 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
Mackemneil wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
Experience 

Count me in
Tut tut Syd, surely you’ve not taken my innocent post out of context?

Go for it mate,  you may well know this but our captain is Steph Houghton,  a Sunderland lass you started her career with you.  

A perfect match.  For clarity, by ‘match’ I mean football match!
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-01-18, 1:13 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
Mackemneil wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
Experience 

Count me in

Go for it mate,  you may well know this but our captain is Steph Houghton,  a Sunderland lass you started her career with you.  

Must have been disappointing for your lot to lose Lucy Bronze and then have her score against you in the Champions League.

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-01-18, 1:32 pm

canary-dave wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
Mackemneil wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
Experience 

Count me in

Must have been disappointing for your lot to lose Lucy Bronze and then have her score against you in the Champions League.
You’ve got me there Dave, I’ve never heard of her  Embarassed

Maybe I’m concentrating too much on Steph.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-01-18, 8:39 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
Mackemneil wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
Experience 

Count me in

We could almost make an England team from the players who started out at Sunderland Women FC!

Lucy Bronze was born in Berwick, my neck of the woods. Her family live on Lindisfarne I believe. She often comes back up here to run courses at local schools.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-01-19, 1:52 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
Mackemneil wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
Vincemac wrote:dancer Surley Man City has a long list of young players who would benefit from some first team 
Experience 

Count me in

We could almost make an England team from the players who started out at Sunderland Women FC!

Lucy Bronze was born in Berwick, my neck of the woods. Her family live on Lindisfarne I believe. She often comes back up here to run courses at local schools.
Oops,  sorry.  Must try harder.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum