SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Tests, tests and more bloody tests!
Player review EmptyToday at 11:35 am by canary-dave

» To those at the game tonight
Player review EmptyToday at 10:47 am by Hieronymus

» Sunderland v Tranmere Rovers
Player review EmptyToday at 10:40 am by Hieronymus

» A very good morning one and all
Player review EmptyYesterday at 9:55 pm by trouble_n_stripes

» A very happy birthday!
Player review EmptyYesterday at 10:54 am by fulwellend47

» Can't say I'm looking forward to Tuesday
Player review EmptyYesterday at 9:25 am by Sid MCFC

» Predictions Mid week 12
Player review EmptyYesterday at 7:58 am by Lever Malone

» Results week 12
Player review Empty2019-10-21, 10:38 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Predictions week 13
Player review Empty2019-10-21, 6:10 pm by canary-dave

» League table Week 12
Player review Empty2019-10-21, 12:31 pm by Jerry the Jinx

Player review

Go down

Player review Empty Player review

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-01-14, 5:22 pm

Well I meant to do this a couple of weeks ago at the halfway stage but here I go....my review of the players so far this season...be interested in everyone else's view in comparison Very Happy

Jon McLaughlin

Been brilliant this season...two penalty saves and many other vital saves (3 against Luton) one of the reasons we're doing well imo

Robbin Ruiter

The keeper everyone wanted us to sign because he looked so good pre-season last year...sadly now labelled "shite" because of last season...I think he's a good back up keeper and so does Jack Ross or obviously he would have got someone else in!

Donald Love

Been injured a lot since he signed for us....seems an ok player when he does play but dosen't come across as ever being a first choice player for me

Adam Matthews

First choice fullback for Jack Ross (that might have changed with O'Niens recent performances) better at attacking than defending imo 

Reece James

Good defender does what's required, consistent 

Bryan Oviedo

Another decent defender but a better attacking fullback than James 

Denver Hume

One of the youngsters with a big future...came in and did well when James and Oviedo were out...no complaints from me if he became first choice

Jack Baldwin

Always cool and calm on the ball,good defender who I think could get better

Tom Flanagan

Utility player... has played right back,central midfield and currently is the main centre back partnership with Baldwin....great player imo

Glen Loovens

Brought in because of his experience,decent defender who (not surprisingly because of his age) lacks a bit of pace but overall an ok player

Alim Ozturk

Seen him play centre back with Flanagan pre-season and he looked a decent player....after the runaround him and Loovens had v Charlton followed closely by a mistake against Sheff Wed he has been labelled shite.... although he's always done ok when coming on as sub (when Loovens got sent off for example)

Lee Cattermole

Struggled pre-season but has put in some excellent performances this season...slight dip in form and a suspension keeping him out the team atm

Lyndon Gooch

Slight dip in form lately, but a good consistent player always puts a shift in and has chipped in with a few goals

George Honeyman

Seems to get a lot of stick for no reason...one of those players you don't realise what he contributes to the team until he doesn't play,another who always gives 100%

Chris Maguire

Don't know what he did/didn't do to upset the Bury fans but I think he's been a great signing...never stops running, constant menace and scores the odd goal...will be a miss when he's suspended

Aiden McGeady

Good skillful player,sometimes inconsistent but in good form lately,chips in with the goals

Dylan McGeouch

Looked a really good player pre-season until he was injured...struggled to get back into the team but looks like he's coming back to form lately...there's more to come from him 

Bali Mumba

One of the kids we need to keep if we want a bright future imo....never looks out of place when he plays despite his young age...motm for many in the recent "derby" game

Luke O'Nien

Labelled shite and out of his depth after his first game....got his head, down gave 100% when he got game time,scored a couple of goals and is now star full back....I love his enthusiasm and only think he'll get better with time

Max Power

After his last sending off fickle fans were saying send him back!....great player who brings drive and energy to our midfield..another who has chipped in with the odd goal this season...glad we signed him

Duncan Watmore

When fit his pace will always cause problems...needs more game time to get back to his best...can we afford to give him it?

Charlie Wyke

Well we needed a big strong physical forward...we got one...the only thing missing at the moment is goals...hopefully he'll notch one soon and go on a scoring run...hopefully scoring regular like he did for Bradford

Jerome Sinclair

First game of the season he looked a handful but got injured....Gave a 100% every time he played but just couldn't score the goals we needed...back at Watford now...good luck to him

Josh Maja

Still work in progress...needs to improve his hold up play...but the boy certainly knows where the net is!.....Where would we be without his goals this season? hopeful he'll realise what a great club he's at and sign a new contract

Benji Kimpioka

Promising player....another youngster I think we should keep if we hope for a bright future....from the little I've seen of him I hope he could follow the goalscoring path of Maja
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Player review Empty Re: Player review

Post  Guest on 2019-01-14, 5:55 pm

oldblackcat wrote:Well I meant to do this a couple of weeks ago at the halfway stage but here I go....my review of the players so far this season...be interested in everyone else's view in comparison Very Happy

Jon McLaughlin

Been brilliant this season...two penalty saves and many other vital saves (3 against Luton) one of the reasons we're doing well imo

Signing of the season... might well still be in Championship if had played for us last year

Robbin Ruiter

The keeper everyone wanted us to sign because he looked so good pre-season last year...sadly now labelled "shite" because of last season...I think he's a good back up keeper and so does Jack Ross or obviously he would have got someone else in!

Should really get rid

Donald Love

Been injured a lot since he signed for us....seems an ok player when he does play but dosen't come across as ever being a first choice player for me

Should really get rid

Adam Matthews

First choice fullback for Jack Ross (that might have changed with O'Niens recent performances) better at attacking than defending imo 

Excellent best RB at the club

Reece James

Good defender does what's required, consistent very good LB will get better 

Bryan Oviedo

Very good LB and at going forward..several assists from his crosses

Denver Hume

One of the youngsters with a big future...came in and did well when James and Oviedo were out...no complaints from me if he became first choice

Another good LB...at one time we had no decent LB now 3..therefore Ovideo on high wages could leave

Jack Baldwin

Good defender, tackles well and is quickish not great in the air

Tom Flanagan

Utility player... has played right back,central midfield and currently is the main centre back partnership with Baldwin....great player imo

As with Flanagan

Glen Loovens

Brought in because of his experience,decent defender who (not surprisingly because of his age) lacks a bit of pace but overall an ok player

Slow but good in the air

Alim Ozturk

Seen him play centre back with Flanagan pre-season and he looked a decent player....after the runaround him and Loovens had v Charlton followed closely by a mistake against Sheff Wed he has been labelled shite.... although he's always done ok when coming on as sub (when Loovens got sent off for example)

Disaster waiting to happen

Lee Cattermole

Struggled pre-season but has put in some excellent performances this season...slight dip in form and a suspension keeping him out the team atm

Not a bad defensive midfielder... is expensive my guess is we would sell given half a chance

Lyndon Gooch

Slight dip in form lately, but a good consistent player always puts a shift in and has chipped in with a few goals

Will never be great, poor first touch let's him down..but he makes my squad if not a starter

George Honeyman

Seems to get a lot of stick for no reason...one of those players you don't realise what he contributes to the team until he doesn't play,another who always gives 100%

George another one who will never be great but his energy is amazing.. he is in my starting 11

Chris Maguire

Don't know what he did/didn't do to upset the Bury fans but I think he's been a great signing...never stops running, constant menace and scores the odd goal...will be a miss when he's suspended

When he is good he is very very good, but when he is bad he is horrid. His form fluctuates..but can be a match winner 

Aiden McGeady

Good skillful player,sometimes inconsistent but in good form lately,chips in with the goals

McGeady is an absolute menace in the final third of the pitch, dribbles, assists and goals. Unfortunately he is an awful defender... keep him 8n the opposition half

Dylan McGeouch

Looked a really good player pre-season until he was injured...struggled to get back into the team but looks like he's coming back to form lately...there's more to come from him 

Steady

Bali Mumba

One of the kids we need to keep if we want a bright future imo....never looks out of place when he plays despite his young age...motm for many in the recent "derby" game

Good player one for the (near) future

Luke O'Nien

Labelled shite and out of his depth after his first game....got his head, down gave 100% when he got game time,scored a couple of goals and is now star full back....I love his enthusiasm and only think he'll get better with time

Great utility player and is getting bettet

Max Power

After his last sending off fickle fans were saying send him back!....great player who brings drive and energy to our midfield..another who has chipped in with the odd goal this season...glad we signed him

Red cards have slowed his progress.. in starting 11

Duncan Watmore

When fit his pace will always cause problems...needs more game time to get back to his best...can we afford to give him it?
A few months away from being in starting 11.. but getting there

Charlie Wyke

Well we needed a big strong physical forward...we got one...the only thing missing at the moment is goals...hopefully he'll notch one soon and go on a scoring run...hopefully scoring regular like he did for Bradford

Not bad in the air.. a bit lumbering atm..Will get better with more games? Him and Maja should start 11

Jerome Sinclair

First game of the season he looked a handful but got injured....Gave a 100% every time he played but just couldn't score the goals we needed...back at Watford now...good luck to him

Bye bye

Josh Maja

Still work in progress...needs to improve his hold up play...but the boy certainly knows where the net is!.....Where would we be without his goals this season? hopeful he'll realise what a great club he's at and sign a new contract

Still a work in progress.. but is a NATURAL goalscorer, if he stays and continues to hit the back of the net we will be promoted

Benji Kimpioka

Promising player....another youngster I think we should keep if we hope for a bright future....from the little I've seen of him I hope he could follow the goalscoring path of Maja

Good but needs time yet

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-14, 6:28 pm

oldblackcat wrote:Well I meant to do this a couple of weeks ago at the halfway stage but here I go....my review of the players so far this season...be interested in everyone else's view in comparison Very Happy

Jon McLaughlin

Very very steady and assured and that breeds confidence throughout the team, on track for player of the season.

Robbin Ruiter

Suffered badly last season and sadly he will always be shite to some of our fans but for me very good back up.

Donald Love

Seems a very nice lad but nice is not enough

Adam Matthews

I like him and when fit would like him back so that ONien can move into midfield

Reece James

Good defender does what's required, consistent 
Again a good first division full back, only time will tell if he can step up.

Bryan Oviedo

Very good but will move if we get an offer

Denver Hume

Probably our regular left back when fit

Jack Baldwin

I like him

Tom Flanagan

Again very good at this level, interesting to see who makes way for the new lad

Glen Loovens

Probably back up at best now

Alim Ozturk

Given a chance will, IMO, come good

Lee Cattermole

Needed back for me

Lyndon Gooch

Good player, bit off of late but still a threat

George Honeyman

Been a big miss

Chris Maguire

Always gives his all
Aiden McGeady

When he is good he is excellent
Dylan McGeouch

Jury still out for me

Bali Mumba

Infectious, how can we not like him
Luke O'Nien

Becoming a legend

Max Power

I like Power

Duncan Watmore

Still early days

Charlie Wyke

So far early days but a disappointment for me

Jerome Sinclair

Who

Josh Maja

Just hope he stays

Benji Kimpioka

Very big future

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-01-14, 10:41 pm

Great summary OBC (and Syd and Sunders) - especially for those of us who have seen little of the team live - thank you Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2019-01-15, 9:35 am

My thoughts entirely H. Very informative summaries. Well done.
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum